Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post your iOS setup

Comments

• Come on AudioBus users post your studio setup, its a way to see what each other is using and maybe share set up ideas.

• Haha... I am beginner of iOS Music, my set up will be the most simple compare to all above... haha...

Fender Strat Electric Guitar -> Apogee Jam -> iPad 4 32GB -> Shure SRH440 Headphone

• @RockingGarage nice post a photo

• @tarekith: nice, clean. Mine not so much.

I have several combos; the photo is full on everything studio. From L to R:

L

• MacBookPro, +2 external monitors, running Reason+Record, Motu 828 I/O
    • Roland A-80 master keyboard. You'll have to pry this from my cold dead hands.

(hidden underneath)

• Lone Wolf MidiTap for A-80, 18i6, and 2 ports MidiSport to the Mac

C

• iPad 3
    • Focusrite 18i6 (S/PDIF to Motu for digital domain exchange)
    • Korg nanoKONTROL2, usually chs 1 - 8 faders
    • Akai Synthstation25 (noodles, see below)
    • note the little 3 port hub/CCK I found on Amazon, seem to work just fine
    • Shure SM-57 on broadcast boom, for accoustic guitar

R
    on top:

• monitor for Roland S-550
    • Yamaha DX7/E!

top shelf:

• Evolution UC-33 (lots of knobs for synths)
    • Oxygen 8 (just so it doesn't gather dust, really)

middle shelf:

• Remote for S-550
    • PG 300 for MKS - 50

in rack below

• Lone Wolf MidiTap #2 (for the rack)
    • Emu Proteus/1 Rock
    • Roland MKS-50
    • Roland S-550

Secondary mobile kit, fits in laptop bag, is iPad+Synthstation+nanoKONTROL2
    plus another one of those little hubs and a 12000 maH juicer to run the hub

I use this on the ferry commute

tertiary expanded mobile kit:

• Secondary kit
    • +headphone+Sony stereo mike+Focusrite 2i2
    • Roland Cube 30 (the keyboard one)

a fuzzy mess:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66053151@N00/9131913297/

• @dwarman - Complete with a microwave for those late-nighters!!!

• With all that kit, who needs a microwave?

• My setup is easy... iPhone 5 for producing...
    .... i just use now also the pro desktop version of the Alchemy Synth but only for creating presets (would love a full version for ios but this seems not possible yet) and import them to the iPhone 5! I'm a real mobile warrior ;)

• edited June 2013

Here is my photo

Fender Strat Electric Guitar -> Apogee Jam -> iPad 4 32GB -> Shure SRH440 Headphone

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• I'm impressed that you're still rocking a s-550. I have lots of warm/terrible memories of my 760+monitor+scsi.

Extremely gear jealous of PG 300 + MKS-50!

• My setup is pretty basic :)
    I just add my Fender Squire HM Strat guitar via iRig, and sometimes a bigger keyboard (M-Audio Keystation 49e) when needed ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/reiki.colin/music/ipadsetupsm.jpg

• Is that guitar just really far away?...

• How is everyone posting pics. Once again I can't figure how to get from photos I imported to my ipad to post here.

• I use Imageshack, just post the "direct" link they give you and the pics will show automatically.

Lots of guitar players here, I like that!

• Yeah, pics need to be uploaded to a hosting site before you can post links to them here.

• If you use/have Tapatalk they will host your photo yourself and you can post it that way... otherwise, like stated, you have to upload your photo to Flickr, ImageShack, or etc..TIMEOUT!

I just found something neat... PostImage.org is a simple site that allows for quick and simple image hosting.

• Select & Upload Your Image
    • Select/Copy the Hotlink for Website
    • Paste the code in your post and TaDa!

Here is a test...

My Studio Setup

couch pic

• edited June 2013

^ First thought: wrong photo!

Second thought: yep, same setup as most of my impromptu studio sessions, lol

• Haha I'm getting ready to go to sleep so for sake of time I just saved a Google Image photo of a couch and used it as an example of the hosting site. Although that basically is my "studio", that is not my couch....though it does look comfy!

• @syrupcore - I'm impressed that the s-550 still boots from floppies I made in 1989. A surprise every time. Hence my search for a sampler that can do S-550 style patches. And an editor that can pull the samples off the floppies.

MKS-50: a Jupiter 2 in a box IIRC. Killer bass machine, love the slow strings through Turnado.

I had other stuff from then, like a Juno 60, D-550+PG1000, Korg Monopoly, Korg M1R, an American Plus Strat, all sold off cheaply (well, the Strat made a grand+) before the resurgence of interest in old gear. Regretted now. But kept (off image) the KX-5 and the J-Bass.

Anyone interested in hearing a live jam from days of yore with the S-500 Alto Sax driven from a KX-50, MKS--50 bass, HR-16 drums played from Simmons pads, and some OB-8 atmosphere? Not got anything I want to post yet with the current setup, been out of playing for over a decade, still warming up. "I got blisters on my fingers!" (white album?)

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

my studio...im using a oxygen 25 keyboard now with my ipad........ http://postimg.org/image/8hpfe9jk9/

• edited June 2013

Unfortunately I'm using a walkin closet for my studio, so its difficult to get a full shot. Maybe one day I'll come out of the closet. Did I just say that with PaulB lurking on this forum?

• Thanks all for the help with posting pics! I'm trying postimage let's see if it works.
    http://postimg.org/gallery/1z6yjapm/

• @mgmg4871 , just take a shot of what u have

• edited June 2013

Lol. Am I getting a reputation?

• Probably no more than @mgmg4871 with his revelation! ;-)

• edited June 2013

Lol, oh no, not you funjunkie. @PaulB Are you getting a reputation? Really: The one liner king. @JuniorPops will do.

• edited June 2013

Here's mine... image
    free screen capture

• @kennyrox which zoom recorder is that? Do you like it?