Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post your iOS setup

Comments

• @enc said:

@Ben said:

@dwarm. You sir are a better man than I. Look at this glorious mess.

what is that keyboard stand ben ?

@enc. It's an old Ultimate Support desk. Just when I was ready to phase it out it found new life as a multi purpose stand. On the upper right is my iOS audio interface, digital recorder next to that and a collection of other stuff.

• Bump thread

• Bump thread

• @gsm909 said:
    Here is my current setup

Is that a jomox drum machine?

• @gsm909 said:
    Here is my current setup

What a great collection. Curious about what generation iPad you’re using in that Alesis iodock.

• @gsm909 said:
    Here is my current setup

had the an1x twice. ever bloating gas made me sell them. forgot what replaced it last time. probably gone too. great synth.

• @enc I love that setup man. Bases covered with hardware synth choices (Korg, Arturia & Roland) & that TR-08 is badass! I know vintage 808's have the mystique and all that but with the Boutique stuff Roland added real world features that are were always missing from unmodded vintage units.

I have the Tascam DP-03 too and love it. I do the majority of my home studio stuff on iOS but as an old Tascam PortaStudio mark I love having the DP-03 around for capturing quick ideas & experimenting. The preamps & internal audio structure is really close to the previous DP-02 model, but the 03 is a bit more compact. The front condenser mics are surprisingly good for what they are.

Thanks for sharing the setup man. . . Be cool

• Screen grab of my studio from the latest iOS exploration.

• @audiblevideo , yes it’s a Jomox Xbase09. I have a lovely tr-909 (not pictured) and I’m currently working through a few circuit problems regarding midi clock input.
    @Ben I have an air2 , the iodock is a throwback to my older iPad 2 days. The dock is currently only used as a support. I use studiomux.
    @vpich I love the An1x. It is a very powerful synth when you get into editing sounds.

• I use the tb-303 or the xoxbox to send cv to the Roland Sh-5. It is a lovely synth

• edited November 2017

Just last week I set up a USB Network Server, so I moved all my Control Surfaces to a 2nd Studio (only took me like 1.5 years to figure out how to do that, doh). Generally Keep whichever I'm working with on a given day on the desk. Next move for me is to get the monitors on the Wall, and speakers on external stands... then should be nice 'n tidy.

• I'm still amazed at how much can be made with so little gear. Just add a massive PA :)

• @supadom said:
    I'm still amazed at how much can be made with so little gear. Just add a massive PA :)

That is clean as Skeeter's peeter jack. So cool & compact. It's like a trap table or something, maybe even a magicians. Just really cool @supadom, looks very cozy & lots of fun.

• THE MAKING OF MOBILE STUDIO

I took a MAC MINI mid 2011, gave it max ram and dual drive ssd. Runs Pro Tools 10.
    The thunderbolt port has got an usb3/eSata hub

I also built a little ASUS VIVOMINI Barebone 2 x i7 &16 gig ram, and put it behind my tv, and used the hd tv as monitor. It’s ok to have windows 10, if I need it.

I use StudioMux to connect to the Mac. My mother Keyboard is the Yamaha Tyros IV.
    It’s removable, because the sink and gas cooking is under it LOL

• FINISHED - GOING ON A ROAD TRIP, VISITING OTHER HIPPIES.

Satisfaction at last.
    The only downside is Winter. I have to keep the gas going to keep my equipment warm. Pun not I tended.
    I haven’t been on a long trip yet, but it’s 6 beds, a shower and a fridge with beer.
    I even got to squeeze in a microphone stand.
    Next summer I plan to paint it in the honour of The Merry Pranksters. FURTHUR III :smile:

I’d love to hear from others who have done similar things, or are interested in details and solutions.
    Many things can be cheaply done. Just ask.

KÜHL

• @Kuhl. You are an inspiration, friend. The motor home you’re traveling in, Advantage? Not familiar with that. Where do you live and how far will you be traveling/how long will you be out on the road? Have you done this before? I didn’t think there were any functioning hippies left. Lots of questions, but you said to ask, so....

• @JRSIV said:

@supadom said:
    I'm still amazed at how much can be made with so little gear. Just add a massive PA :)

That is clean as Skeeter's peeter jack. So cool & compact. It's like a trap table or something, maybe even a magicians. Just really cool @supadom, looks very cozy & lots of fun.

Yeah, cleanliness and portability were on top of the list when I built it. It can also be made fully battery powered once I run Akai EIE off some small battery. It all (not the guitars) pretty much packs away in this wooden box with a shoulder strap and away you go.
    I have another of these sitting in my outbuilding studio with beatstep instead of nanopad 2.

The best thing is: everything is finally in sync! Load a AB preset, turn on circuit, tap your tempo, choose your key and you're groovin' ;)

• @Kühl said:
    FINISHED - GOING ON A ROAD TRIP, VISITING OTHER HIPPIES.
    !

Satisfaction at last.
    The only downside is Winter. I have to keep the gas going to keep my equipment warm. Pun not I tended.
    I haven’t been on a long trip yet, but it’s 6 beds, a shower and a fridge with beer.
    Next summer I plan to paint it in the honour of The Merry Pranksters. FURTHUR III :smile:

I’d love to hear from others who have done similar things, or are interested in details and solutions.

KÜHL

Anthony Burgess did this too, very cool! (I didn’t know he was a fairly prolific composer too) - but yeah, I guess he didn’t enjoy paying taxes, so he and the 2nd wife went on the road!

• My macbook pro will arrive in december!
    I think it will be cool!!
    Lots of things to come! :)

• @Ben said:
    @Kuhl. You are an inspiration, friend. The motor home you’re traveling in, Advantage? Not familiar with that. Where do you live and how far will you be traveling/how long will you be out on the road? Have you done this before? I didn’t think there were any functioning hippies left. Lots of questions, but you said to ask, so....

The Advantage is a German Dethleff house, on a Fiat diesel truck. 2003 Model. Only gone 60.000 km.
    I bought it when my father died in 2009. I got a small inheritance and bought the car instead of squandering the money on sex drugs and Rock’n’Roll. I already had a ProTools mixer and the mighty Tyros, so I slowly began planning a merger with the car. Everything worked out nice, but it took some years making it happen. Since my wife and daughter isn’t very fond of road trips, I had the beauty for myself :smile:
    In the winter I have an internet cable running from my house, through a plastic electrical pipe, buried in the pebbles outside. I usually go out to the motor home to work at 04 in the morning and work to 10. Nice Workplace :)
    I have 8 cats that comes and goes, pure inspiration. I live on the northwest coast of Norway, with fjords, mountains and islands all around. I don’t have to drive far to find a place to make music.
    Away from power outlets, I have to rely on 12 V electricity, and the iPad is an excellent tool on the road.

• @Aud_iOS said:

@Kühl said:
    FINISHED - GOING ON A ROAD TRIP, VISITING OTHER HIPPIES.
    !

Satisfaction at last.

KÜHL

Anthony Burgess did this too, very cool! (I didn’t know he was a fairly prolific composer too) - but yeah, I guess he didn’t enjoy paying taxes, so he and the 2nd wife went on the road!

I was confused for a moment here, when Anthony Blunt & Guy Burgess popped up from the memory bank :smile:
    Yeah, he was a great writer, didn’t know he composed, but are happy to get the info.

• @Kühl said:

I have 8 cats that comes and goes, pure inspiration. I live on the northwest coast of Norway, with fjords, mountains and islands all around. I don’t have to drive far to find a place to make music.

Sounds amazing ! Link to your music ?

• @JRSIV said:
    @enc I love that setup man. Bases covered with hardware synth choices (Korg, Arturia & Roland) & that TR-08 is badass! I know vintage 808's have the mystique and all that but with the Boutique stuff Roland added real world features that are were always missing from unmodded vintage units.

I have the Tascam DP-03 too and love it. I do the majority of my home studio stuff on iOS but as an old Tascam PortaStudio mark I love having the DP-03 around for capturing quick ideas & experimenting. The preamps & internal audio structure is really close to the previous DP-02 model, but the 03 is a bit more compact. The front condenser mics are surprisingly good for what they are.

Thanks for sharing the setup man. . . Be cool

Hey thanks :) yeah, the tascam was a recent GAS purchase but I got a super deal on eBay .. to good to miss out on really. This whole setup is so nice to be away from menu diving for a while :D

• Life changes and the studio changes with it.

• Life changes and the studio changes with it.

Been there - from full studio set up to sofa life - thank god for volcas circuits ipads and laptops!

• Not complaining at all. I miss the guys I used to jam with more than the gear by a long margin!

• iPhone, EarPods and the essential apps

That’s all I need :smile: