Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio digital noise on recorded material passing through audiobus

First of all, Hi all contributors and Audiodus Dev team for this forum.

I've a problem recording audio from audiobus to Cubasis, on my iPad 3G (4th gen), When I play all goes right, but When I try to record to cubasis one of the synths loaded (for eg sunrizer or grainsience) through audiobus I notice a bad recording audio quality, a little "digital noise" is added to the sound on the final audio.

When I place turnado in the processing chain all goes right, no digital noise is added (for eg to DM1 drum-loops recorded in cubasis).

so I started thing that is there a sort of audio problem only when processing step isn't used at all and audiobus input (synths and arpeggionome) is passed directly to audiobus output (cubasis)

anyone can help me on this one?

tnks in advace :)

Comments

• Cant help with this but ive noticed the same issue with Garageband.
    If if play into Bias, Jamup or Ampkit all is fine. hi def sound, no hiss.
    However if I chain into Garage band as an output it sounds like I am playing the Bias/Jamup from a speaker then recording using the Ipad microphone. Volume loss, hiss and echo are prevalent throughout. This makes audiobus a bit of a waste of time and money as its almost better putting ip eith the rubbish garageband amp models.

• Are both of you using an iPad 3?

• Ipad 4 here

• I've tried to reproduce this and cannot. Has this always been the case for you or just recently?

• I only got audiobus 3 days ago.

It just seems like every audiobus connection results in a loss of tone, like each app is mic'd to its neighboiur. When im free tonight I'll try to do a recording to illustrate this

• It looks like you're suffering from microphone bleed into your audio track. Are you using an external audio interface like an original iRig?

• Having the same problem. Using iPad4, 7.0.4
    Original iRig, JamUP in input slot. GB is output. Crosstalk protection is on.
    Sounds great when just playing in JamUp. High level of noise when I start recording in GB. When I listened back the noise was still there. Muted JU track and noise was still there. Closed JU and it went away. Opened JU and turned off mic access and no noise but no way to play JU either. Also, the noise was recorded onto JU track so I could hear it again when JU track was unmuted. I am new at this so I was hoping it's user error.

• Original iRig. That's your problem. Get something that connects to the 30 pin such as an Apogee Jam, iRig HD, or Line 6 Sonic Port.

• Thanks, was looking for a final excuse to upgrade. BTW, iRig HD is on sale today at Musicians Friend for $70.

• Also read through the Guitar Interfaces thread. There are other options which might prove more versatile but use the CCK.