Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Juno Chorus on iOS? (Solved) Next: Roland bashing

edited November 2017 in General App Discussion

Not much to add...is there something on ios that comes more or less close to the magic (stardust) of a juno chorus?

Comments

• FAC Chorus by Frederic Corvest
    https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/fac-chorus/id1230164766?l=en&mt=8

Technically a GliGli emulation (I think) but that’s modelled on the Juno 60 (they say) and this thing sounds great.

• Thank! Great that i already have it (bought it when it was a buck) but did not try yet :blush:

• I used to have a Juno 60 amd you’re right.

• Perfect timing. I was just looking for a chorus. Thanks @tomato_juice This sounds just lovely.

• I’ve got a 106 and I’ve got the FAC. FAC gives me the same feels.

• I used to have a Juno 60, too. I sure do miss that thing. :'(

• edited November 2017

Oh i gonna have to check that out @tomato_juice , thx! Juno Chorus = GOAT Chorus. What do you guys think, do the emulations come close to the original thing? I would love to get my hands on one of these: https://feedback-modules.myshopify.com/products/106-chorus?variant=30204354113

• cool,... but i wish me more a perfect iOS AU emolution of the small stone Phaser.

• BTW this is another opportunity for the iOS community to beg Patrick Kunz https://twitter.com/ToguAudioLine to bring his genius VSTs to iOS. He has a great free Juno Chorus VST, and is generally one of the best devs, and certainly number one when it comes to emulating Roland stuff!

• edited November 2017

@iOSounddesign said:
    Oh i gonna have to check that out @tomato_juice , thx! Juno Chorus = GOAT Chorus. What do you guys think, do the emulations come close to the original thing?

As already mentioned here, I've built an emulation of my Juno 106 Chorus. If you are looking for the classic configuration please have a look to "Classic 6A Chorus I and II". Then you can alter the parameters an get something different, browse to other presets.

Do you own a Juno 106 ? You could perform a test yourself, but only between FAC Chorus and the Juno 106. Do not test between softs, only soft to hardware. You can get an idea here in the video:

I used the following settings

A11 Brass Set 1 - Chorus set to OFF! Very important
    A48 Synth Bass I (unison)

• @freemobil64 said:
    cool,... but i wish me more a perfect iOS AU emolution of the small stone Phaser.

Check out Tonestack

• @anickt said:

@freemobil64 said:
    cool,... but i wish me more a perfect iOS AU emolution of the small stone Phaser.

Check out Tonestack

Tonestack as AU app?

• @freemobil64 said:

@anickt said:

@freemobil64 said:

Check out Tonestack

Tonestack as AU app?

AB and Link. Not AU AFAIK

• @freemobil64 said:

@anickt said:

@freemobil64 said:

Check out Tonestack

Tonestack as AU app?

Yeah, wouldn't that be great? Hope soon.

• @iOSounddesign said:
    BTW this is another opportunity for the iOS community to beg Patrick Kunz https://twitter.com/ToguAudioLine to bring his genius VSTs to iOS. He has a great free Juno Chorus VST, and is generally one of the best devs, and certainly number one when it comes to emulating Roland stuff!

I used a lot of the TAL stuff when I was desktop only. Pretty freakin' amazing, and for free just unbelievable.

• @iOSounddesign said:
    BTW this is another opportunity for the iOS community to beg Patrick Kunz https://twitter.com/ToguAudioLine to bring his genius VSTs to iOS. He has a great free Juno Chorus VST, and is generally one of the best devs, and certainly number one when it comes to emulating Roland stuff!

Last time I asked he was not interested in porting his stuff to iOS :(
    That was after a few AUv3's were already released on iOS...

I would sure love to see his stuff as AUv3's on iOS!

• @iOSounddesign said:

Patrick Kunz is a Music Tech genius. One of the best.

• @analog_matt said:

@iOSounddesign said:

His synth emulations are unbelievable. The Juno, or the 101, such a simple synth, but one gigantic sweetspot. And to replicate this in software is an unbelievable achievement. I truly think, that his synths sound better than Rolands own emulations, which you have to purchase a subscription for.

And it would look so fine on iOS, current devices would be more than capable to handle the Juno and 101 emulation...

Hope he changes his mind someday, if it wouldn't be too hard to port, it could be a viable business. Most likely he is pissed off by App Store fee...

• @iOSounddesign said:

@analog_matt said:

@iOSounddesign said:

His synth emulations are unbelievable. The Juno, or the 101, such a simple synth, but one gigantic sweetspot. And to replicate this in software is an unbelievable achievement. I truly think, that his synths sound better than Rolands own emulations, which you have to purchase a subscription for.

And it would look so fine on iOS, current devices would be more than capable to handle the Juno and 101 emulation...

Another admirable thing, he was one of the first people to release pro-level open-source synth VSTs. Truly a pioneer and generous developer.

I may get some flack for this... His emulations are so good, they are better than Roland's own VSTs (maybe even their hardware re-issues).

• Back on topic, I'm going to second FAC Chorus.

For those of you who want an "instant 80s sound", throwing that on the upcoming free FM Player (http://discchord.com/appnews/2017/11/08/thesoundtestroom-fm-player-preview) will pretty much get you to 1987 and back.

• Haha glad that you think so too :D Always nice to get some outside confirmation. The "boutique" reissues are nothing but the same mediocre DSP code running on some really crappy DSPs, which can only do 4-voice polyphony. If you want 8 voices, you have to chain two of these together lol: https://www.roland.com/global/products/ju-06/

• please don't make it another boutique bashing thread,the internet is full of this shit.Oh,and i own a couple of them and do really like em so there's that :wink:

• @Crabman said:
    please don't make it another boutique bashing thread,the internet is full of this shit.Oh,and i own a couple of them and do really like em so there's that :wink:

Well, the internet is not wrong. But i'll oblige, since it is OT anyway, but consider this. If people like you wouldn't be spending money on this garbage, maybe Roland would be motivated to either release decent analog reissues, or maybe even go iOS? Ever thought about that?

Kaboom.

Getting FAC Chorus RN

• @Crabman said:
    please don't make it another boutique bashing thread,the internet is full of this shit.Oh,and i own a couple of them and do really like em so there's that :wink:

I doubt anyone would know the difference in a true blind test. I’ve owned both.

• @anickt said:

@Crabman said:

I doubt anyone would know the difference in a true blind test. I’ve owned both.

Lol.

• @Crabman said:

Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Make music with whatever inspires you!

• @iOSounddesign said:

@Crabman said:

Well, the internet is not wrong. But i'll oblige, since it is OT anyway, but consider this. If people like you wouldn't be spending money on this garbage, maybe Roland would be motivated to either release decent analog reissues, or maybe even go iOS? Ever thought about that?

Kaboom.

Getting FAC Chorus RN

"the internet is not wrong"

lol

Sinple solution:u don't like it,don't buy it.There are more toys than ever on the market.It's a waste of time to hate on something you don't like.Obviously there are more than enough people who are satisfied with it.I'm not saying their stuff is perfect (because it isn't) but to call it"garbage"is ridiculous and not worth to discuss further.

@analog_matt

exactly

• @Crabman said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@Crabman said:

Kaboom.

Getting FAC Chorus RN

"the internet is not wrong"

lol

Sinple solution:u don't like it,don't buy it.There are more toys than ever on the market.It's a waste of time to hate on something you don't like.Obviously there are more than enough people who are satisfied with it.I'm not saying their stuff is perfect (because it isn't) but to call it"garbage"is ridiculous and not worth to discuss further.

@analog_matt

exactly

But i want to buy it. I just can't. I'm not a hater, i'm a scorned lover, let down by a company which was once amazing and is now shit. Our frustration comes from a place of love for the Roland sound. And an unwillingness to accept, that things got worse 30 years later. 30 fucking years later!