Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 year old updates in app store ?

What is that all about? I've got updates for Nave and FM4 but they are dated 2015. Updates for iOS9 etc.

Comments

• It’s about the App Store being buggered. Lots of things aren’t right with it at present. Sit tight, and wait until someone at Apple notices.

• I got this, too. Figured we're rolling back to IOS 9, just for shits and giggles.

• If this goes to its logical conclusion I hope we don’t end up with Commodore 64 or Spectrum, ’cos I never had those – I had Jupiter Ace and Dragon 64 instead.

• So a couple of my apps updated to these old updates.
    Anyone know how to get them to re-update to the latest correct updates?
    TIA

• IPad 2018

No screen, less is more, much more in terms of cost. It plugs into your TV, and controls two paddles. :) Meanwhile, the sound has been improved to a single, high def bleep.

• edited November 2017

@receder said:
    So a couple of my apps updated to these old updates.
    Anyone know how to get them to re-update to the latest correct updates?
    TIA

Same here: updates that are 2 years old. About your question: perhaps the 2 year old updates are the latest correct update. And if there are newer updates I don’t think there is a way to get them now, considering that the latest iTunes version backup procedure doesn’t backup apps anymore. Perhaps it might be possible if you have recently backupped with an old version of iTunes. But, like someone else said, I would just wait for corrrection of the issue.

• @Marcel Thanks, yes I thought it might sort itself out eventually. I think the apps in question were FM4 and MidiMux (although I actually use StudioMux). I guess I will leave as is. The only other way might be to check what version is on the app store now and if it is the most recent release then uninstall and re-install the apps.

• Shit, I accidentally ‘updated’ Nave. Today I have Fm4, Phase 84.

• A note: mine are all related to iOS 9 optimizations

• @u0421793 said:
    If this goes to its logical conclusion I hope we don’t end up with Commodore 64 or Spectrum, ’cos I never had those – I had Jupiter Ace and Dragon 64 instead.

TRS-80 Color Computer here. I actually wrote songs in Color Basic.

Plus Kaypro.

• edited November 2017

Seem to be a kind of a "year-2015-glitch". When the last update of an app is from 2015, then the app store (now...) shows us this update - and has forgotten that this "update" is the version/app we are having. The comparison between your iTunes medialibrary and the update server of Apple Itunes Store seems to be somehow fucked up.

Oh, and i don't see any reaction from Apple right now. But i am sure that lots of people already called iTunes store advisors (working for minimum wage or a small bit above - LOL: Apple). They should be informed. A really good way to inform Apple is this side:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oh, and it really works. Really. Use it!

• @u0421793 said:
    If this goes to its logical conclusion I hope we don’t end up with Commodore 64 or Spectrum, ’cos I never had those – I had Jupiter Ace and Dragon 64 instead.

Reverse Polish notation?

• @knewspeak said:

@u0421793 said:

Reverse Polish notation?

Yes I remember those; they had a Forth interpreter built-in which used RPN. Never had one as my timeline went something like ZX81, Vic20, Spectrum 48, C64, Atari ST, Amiga then PCs ever after. :D

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    Seem to be a kind of a "year-2015-glitch". When the last update of an app is from 2015, then the app store (now...) shows us this update - and has forgotten that this "update" is the version/app we are having. The comparison between your iTunes medialibrary and the update server of Apple Itunes Store seems to be somehow fucked up.

Oh, and i don't see any reaction from Apple right now. But i am sure that lots of people already called iTunes store advisors (working for minimum wage or a small bit above - LOL: Apple). They should be informed. A really good way to inform Apple is this side:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oh, and it really works. Really. Use it!

Thanks - I think you are right and I have given them some feedback!

• edited November 2017

Complaint/Feedback/request sent. Until today, I only had 2, now there are 11.
    Apple, your Store front is shit. Fix this crap, and restore the wishlist

• @gsm909 said:

+1, got piles of them here too.

• @gsm909 i was also bummed when they removed it. I use reminders now instead. Use three dots beside buy/get and save to reminders. Tapping the reminder takes you to the app in store. Also helps you track when you bought what, if you mark as complete. still no wish list, but better than nothing.

• @gsm909 said:

Thanx, I’m nearing a grown mans “teenage nervous breakdown”

• Just a thought, is it possible that they are sending out 64bit only builds of the last version?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Just a thought, is it possible that they are sending out 64bit only builds of the last version?

Clever thought, but then they are messing with the version history. I find it highly unlikely.
    Perhaps we will find out if we get response from the bug reports submitted.

• It’s ridiculous, I have 27 updates for 2015 here

• edited November 2017

Maybe it’s a roll back to versions (iOS 9) that are more suited to iOS 11 than 10...someone here noted (along with apples own description of the update) that 10 is a real iPad update, (like 9 was, but unlike 10 which was more for iPhone.)
    Or it’s yet another reveal that the emperor has no clothes

• So does installing these updates actually revert back to the previous version?

• @oat_phipps said:
    So does installing these updates actually revert back to the previous version?

All of my updates have been the most recent version of apps that haven’t been updated in years. So far nothing has asked to “update” and app to an older update. Fingers crossed.

• edited November 2017

Devs may be able to confirm or rebut this, but it may be a change to Apple's app signing certificates. Several of mine have shown the identical boilerplate update description "This update is signed with Apple's latest signing certificate. No new features are included."

• I’m just verifying versions before updating.

• @gsm909: and I thought my customer service complaints were unfriendly :D

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Just a thought, is it possible that they are sending out 64bit only builds of the last version?

That is quite possibly the reason. The new versions seem to be smaller, and these kinds of updates are not appearing on 32bit iPads.

• I got an update for Samplewiz from 2016

• @nick said:

@BiancaNeve said:

That is quite possibly the reason. The new versions seem to be smaller, and these kinds of updates are not appearing on 32bit iPads.

No 32 bit iPads are running IOS 11 and the “amazing new appstore”.
    Anyway, if ii is the case, i find it arrogant beyond belief for Apple to fuck with the version history this way without telling anyone - not even the developers.