Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• congrats ... will check it out this weekend for sure!

• Me too. It would be nice to have a little of the technical details to go with the smoothe vibes. Intro track is very nice. Congratulations. @RedSkyLullaby. Rochester, eh! Do you know Mike the sax player, getting on a bit, has a voice like the Blues are sung?

• Congratulations on a really well-done EP. I liked it overall, but I must confess that the last track User Not Found is without a doubt my favorite. I could listen to that all day. Great job, RSL! :)

• Is this all ios? Would be cool to have an apps-used breakdown.

• @Richtowns said:
    Me too. It would be nice to have a little of the technical details to go with the smoothe vibes. Intro track is very nice. Congratulations. @RedSkyLullaby. Rochester, eh! Do you know Mike the sax player, getting on a bit, has a voice like the Blues are sung?

Thanks. Yep I'm in sunny Rochester NY. Not sure what you mean about sax player? Have you a connection to Rochester then?

• @CracklePot said:
    Congratulations on a really well-done EP. I liked it overall, but I must confess that the last track User Not Found is without a doubt my favorite. I could listen to that all day. Great job, RSL! :)

Thanks, glad you like it

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is this all ios? Would be cool to have an apps-used breakdown.

@Richtowns said:
    It would be nice to have a little of the technical details to go with the smoothe vibes.

Ingredients: Auria Pro and Fab Filter plug ins, SAMPLR was mainstay of most tracks, Funk Drummer, Soft Drummer, Mood, Layr, iMini, iSem, Photophore, iSymphonic, used Sessionband Jazz apps for some sample fodder. Prob others I forgot.

Recipe: Start with a bunch of sounds, chords, piano, vocals and basses in to Samplr, create loops and live record Samplr arrangements to Audioshare. Import those in to Auria pro (proQ, Saturn and Old Timer to refine the sound). Layer in drums from Funk/Soft drummer triggering the fills as recording and adjusting jam intensity etc. Then layer up with extra instrument samples, vocal chops and synths. Procrastinate for a month or two per track while distracting yourself with sound design and Crossy Road and obsessively second guess your mixing choices until you have no idea if you have created something good or have polished a turd.
    All iOS except the mastering I did in TRacks on Mac.

• Thanks to @LuisMartinez for creating the absolute genius apps Funk Drummer and Soft Drummer without which I would not have been able to build the soulful drum section underpinning these tracks

• ^ that stuff is gold, especially the insite into your workflow. Thanks.
    The sax player thing is a bit of a joke. Like you say, 'oh you're from London. I know someone from London, maybe you know him.' Anyway this guy I knew from chilly upstate Rochester (I never got to visit) was my conterpart in the Thomson Corp and he was a jazz man. No reason for you to know Mike Dunne, but he is one of the good guys.
    Keep churning out those patches Mr K

• edited November 2017

Sounds great- Love how organic it sounds!

• Cool man! Such lovely atmosphere, uplifting with a dash of trippy. What a sweet balance you have struck.

• Have now listened to all four pieces. Very nice mellow vibe. Would sound great in a restaurant or cocktail bar.

• User Not Found :wink:
    lovely

• Thanks all, glad people are liking it.

• @analog_matt said:

Glad it came across that way was definitely aiming for organic

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@analog_matt said:

Splendid work sir! So, this was all iOS only?! Regardless, me gusta!

• @skiphunt said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@analog_matt said:

Splendid work sir! So, this was all iOS only?! Regardless, me gusta!

Yes all iOS except final mastering on Mac