Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steppolyarp 3.0 update live

Polyrhythm lines now added.

Comments

• Thanks.. looks great..

• Having a blast with this. All except that switching between the app and Zeeon in AUM makes for some horrible crackle sounds.

I can obviously send the midi from AUMs keyboard to stay in AUM, but that keyboard does not have the scale options which make it easier for duffer players like myself! Lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Having a blast with this. All except that switching between the app and Zeeon in AUM makes for some horrible crackle sounds.

I can obviously send the midi from AUMs keyboard to stay in AUM, but that keyboard does not have the scale options which make it easier for duffer players like myself! Lol

They should make this app AU midi!!!

• Excellent! I often thought that it needed more presets and now they are here. Some nice ones at that. One of my favorite controller apps if not The ONE. Thanks!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Having a blast with this. All except that switching between the app and Zeeon in AUM makes for some horrible crackle sounds.

Yep, I need more than one instance in a project..

Love the ‘split screen’ thingy and GUI seems smoother.. great update... will be using it more..

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Make it a MU... No cow emoji for this, unfortunately :frowning:

• Yup this is another great one in the line of updates we have been receiving in IOS land. Been playing with this on and off all morning. Controlling arps is one of the tricks I like most. Arp presets in Synthmaster come to extreme life when exposed to some Step Poly.

• edited November 2017

Yes, StepPolyArp is a very nice app and great as midi effect in AB3 with Navichord (in song mode with a nice chordprogression) as midi source and Model 15 (or any other fine synth) as midi reciever!

• Universal please it’s 2017 for goodness sake! :) <3 o:)

• @Harro said:
    Yes, StepPolyArp is a very nice app and great as midi effect in AB3 with Navichord (in song mode with a nice chordprogression) as midi source and Model 15 (or any other fine synth) as midi reciever!

Ooooo, gonna be trying this a bit later.

• Not going to happen,maybe another app for iPhone.

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Universal please it’s 2017 for goodness sake! :) <3 o:)

• edited November 2017

Cool - have it working as midi fx... nice

• zooooomg. It's Arpageddon week! The polymetric action is so beautiful. I didn't notice it at first but even the velocity, modulation, etc tracks can have independent lengths.

+100 for "MU" version.

• Wonderful update!
    i still can’t figure how to set it as a midi filter, i remember an old thread explaining how to do it but i can’t find it anymore, anyone know which was?

• edited November 2017

@greenboots77 said:
    Wonderful update!
    i still can’t figure how to set it as a midi filter, i remember an old thread explaining how to do it but i can’t find it anymore, anyone know which was?

I struggled with this last night but deleted my post as I sorted it - not sure which post details it but here’s my resolution from last night :) I tried in AUM and AB3 and eventually my issue was resolved by enabling all the midi input ports on SPA in the settings (only 1 was set by default)

Actually the acid test was to go back to basics and follow the Soundprism Pro > SPA > Soundprism Pro YouTube video by Audanika. (no AB3, AUM or anything else needed - this was taking diagnostics back to basics just to get things going!)

So - from my dabbling last night, ensure ARP button enabled in SPA, latch button not enabled, follow this video and test it all sends midi OK. (I suppose you need SP Pro here)

Once confirmed midi config OK I just fired up AB3 and added in midi page Fugue >> Nothing >> Kauldron. Confirmed all working without FX. Then add Fugue >> SPA >> Kauldron and all working. With all 3 in the chain you can toggle the SPA arp button on / off to add / remove fx.

Weirdly in AB3 the midi settings pages in SPA just say ‘handled by AB”, but until I had enabled all inputs outside AB3 when the settings are available, AB3 routing wasn’t having any of it!

Hope this ramblings helps ;)

• @skoptic said:

@greenboots77 said:
    Wonderful update!

I struggled with this last night but deleted my post as I sorted it - not sure which post details it but here’s my resolution from last night :) I tried in AUM and AB3 and eventually my issue was resolved by enabling all the midi input ports on SPA in the settings (only 1 was set by default)

Actually the acid test was to go back to basics and follow the Soundprism Pro > SPA > Soundprism Pro YouTube video by Audanika. (no AB3, AUM or anything else needed - this was taking diagnostics back to basics just to get things going!)

So - from my dabbling last night, ensure ARP button enabled in SPA, latch button not enabled, follow this video and test it all sends midi OK. (I suppose you need SP Pro here)

Once confirmed midi config OK I just fired up AB3 and added in midi page Fugue >> Nothing >> Kauldron. Confirmed all working without FX. Then add Fugue >> SPA >> Kauldron and all working. With all 3 in the chain you can toggle the SPA arp button on / off to add / remove fx.

Weirdly in AB3 the midi settings pages in SPA just say ‘handled by AB”, but until I had enabled all inputs outside AB3 when the settings are available, AB3 routing wasn’t having any of it!

Hope this ramblings helps ;)

just perfect! thank you!

• Please review SPA in the AppStore, ridiculous that an app loses its rating when it’s updated, not exactly a great incentive for developers!

• Just tried to do that. Clicking on write review in the app store gives visual indication the link was pressed, but the pop up won’t come up. App store is super buggy lately, , shame I can’t write a review of it

• @RajahP said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Love the ‘split screen’ thingy and GUI seems smoother.. great update... will be using it more..

What is the split screen thing you noted? Wasn't that bottom panel in the last version?

• edited November 2017

@Artefact2001 said:
    Please review SPA in the AppStore, ridiculous that an app loses its rating when it’s updated, not exactly a great incentive for developers!

+1
    Yea! That has been like that for a few months now, where you can't see that overall rating an app has. Used to be two ratings: one for current version, and another one for all versions. Which was helpful! Apple please return it to previous mode, thanks! ❤️

• edited November 2017

StepPolyArp ROCKS! Thanks Devs.

• edited November 2017

One request for the future: I would dearly love a way to view the modulation lane in an ‘expanded view’, currently tricky to get very fine grain control,especially on velocity.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@RajahP said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

What is the split screen thing you noted? Wasn't that bottom panel in the last version?

Me puzzled too. @RajahP?

• is there any use for a split screen sequencer?

• edited November 2017

@crifytosp said:
    is there any use for a split screen sequencer?

It’s ipad split screen that was being discussed, I think. Where it’s used as a midi fx, split screen is useful.

• ahh, shared with AB3? don’t know of any split screen synths I could use with this.

• edited November 2017

I assume this is the split view/move over thing mentioned in the ‘What’s New’ here.

Seems to only work with AUM and AB3...

• edited November 2017

@crifytosp said:
    ahh, shared with AB3? don’t know of any split screen synths I could use with this.

@RajahP said:
    I assume this is the split view/move over thing mentioned in the ‘What’s New’ here.

I think that arrow in the image above may just be the AB panel. The split screen and slide over is OS based so will work with any apps that support it, slide over can sit on anything so no need for compatible apps. Sadly slide over view on SPA just shows the preset screen though so not usable

I’ve been enjoying split screen like this, not synth necessarily :)

• @skoptic said:

@crifytosp said:
    ahh, shared with AB3? don’t know of any split screen synths I could use with this.

@RajahP said:

I think that arrow in the image above may just be the AB panel. The split screen and slide over is OS based so will work with any apps that support it, slide over can sit on anything so no need for compatible apps. Sadly slide over view on SPA just shows the preset screen though so not usable

I’ve been enjoying split screen like this, not synth necessarily :)

Thanks, very nice.