Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mobile devices which should be recreated as apps

The Roland PMA was a truely mobile device.
It had a touch screen which was pushed with a touch pen. Therefore it seems only more than adequate to have an iOS version.
Maybe it is too special, but the sounds not special enough, but I would get it.

Comments

• Just youtube’d it: hilarious device.
    Tbh I can’t see a reason to port it over iOS except collectionism

• all korg volca's...

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Just youtube’d it: hilarious device.

Well, lots of MIDI patterns, chord based. IIRC, it had the option to route the MIDI out to another device instead of using the internal sounds. Nicely translated to iOS, this would make a ton of Smart Instruments like the ones in GB.

• @teleb said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    Just youtube’d it: hilarious device.

Well, lots of MIDI patterns, chord based. IIRC, it had the option to route the MIDI out to another device instead of using the internal sounds. Nicely translated to iOS, this would make a ton of Smart Instruments like the ones in GB.

My point was that I can’t see any actual advantage over many existing app, not just the usability of its functionalities on their own, which are pretty clear.

• @teleb said:
    The Roland PMA was a truely mobile device.

Lol... i've been using mine lately. Gonna record some song sketches into MIDI in my iPad :lol:

@mschenkel.it said:
    My point was that I can’t see any actual advantage over many existing app, not just the usability of its functionalities on their own, which are pretty clear.

Well. Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer is the iOS version of the QY... :wink:

We need Gameboy with LSDJ... or a PSP with Piggy Tracker (LGPT) or Rhythm Studio (by Pulse Code)
    We may already have similar stuff, but it would be good to transfer old projects to these on IOS

• There’s nanoloop for iOS, originally it was a special cartridge for the gameboy, but the app it’s different and probably abandoned.

• @rumorazzi said:
    There’s nanoloop for iOS, originally it was a special cartridge for the gameboy, but the app it’s different and probably abandoned.

Yeah... I got it on Android too and it seems to be updated more than the iOS version :\

• We need Gameboy with LSDJ... or a PSP with Piggy Tracker (LGPT) or Rhythm Studio (by Pulse Code)
    We may already have similar stuff, but it would be good to transfer old projects to these on IOS

Love LSDJ! It'd be mint to have it as an app. Fun fact: same guy behind it as the OP-1.

• @Ribbon said:

We need Gameboy with LSDJ... or a PSP with Piggy Tracker (LGPT) or Rhythm Studio (by Pulse Code)

Love LSDJ! It'd be mint to have it as an app. Fun fact: same guy behind it as the OP-1.

Whoa! Didn't know that! That's awesome :astonished:

• We need Gameboy with LSDJ... or a PSP with Piggy Tracker (LGPT) or Rhythm Studio (by Pulse Code)

Love LSDJ! Fun fact: developer as the OP-1.> @senhorlampada said:

@Ribbon said:

Whoa! Didn't know that! That's awesome :astonished:

Aye, Johan Kotlinski. One very clever guy (rest of the TE team is very clever too of course)

• Whoops, I was thinking "Hardware" that should be recreated as apps, not ""Mobile Devices". That said, the ones I listed would be great devices to have as apps! :smiley:

• edited November 2017

@Audiojunkie said:
    Whoops, I was thinking "Hardware" that should be recreated as apps, not ""Mobile Devices". That said, the ones I listed would be great devices to have as apps! :smiley:

They'd definitely be interesting apps.
    Just as Pultec EQs woul be extremely cool for my vocals. And they also shine like a star for acoustic guitar.

• Oh! Yamaha SU10!!

• What about the 'Casio Rapman' for some Lo-Fi fun?

• @Samu said:
    What about the 'Casio Rapman' for some Lo-Fi fun?

Haha, any old Casio but this one please

• edited November 2017

Teenage OP-1 definitely.
    And an Octatrack with an easier menu system thanks to the iPad.
    Creating a really sophisticated groovebox/composer that's easy and fast to use is an art, but sooner or later some developer will do it - never give up the hope o:)

• wimwim
    edited November 2017

@senhorlampada said:

[edit] nvm, misread post.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Whoops, I was thinking "Hardware" that should be recreated as apps, not ""Mobile Devices". That said, the ones I listed would be great devices to have as apps! :smiley:

Would love to see Ensoniq synth recreations :)

• @rs2000 said:
    Teenage OP-1 definitely.
    And an Octatrack with an easier menu system thanks to the iPad.
    Creating a really sophisticated groovebox/composer that's easy and fast to use is an art, but sooner or later some developer will do it - never give up the hope o:)

(Should be entering beta soon, and I hope I get to be part of that 'beta-ride' this time around).

• Novation Circuit?