Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syntronik full version - Launch price $39.95. Special discounted Black Friday sale price: $59.95

Fail.

But I bought American Acoustic for SampleTank on sale for $9.95.

Comments

• Why is this a fail?

• Screw that, man. Not low enough. :p

• @kgmessier said:
    Why is this a fail?

Well... usually prices go down around Black Friday, not up. :D

• Oh. So IK left it at $39.95 from its inception until today, and jacked it up $20 only to call it a Black Friday sale price?

• No it was $80 for a few weeks.

• edited November 2017

@kgmessier said:
    Why is this a fail?

It's not very inviting.

I get the business of a "launch price" 2 months ago, and then a "regular price" that must be $80 or something like that.

Having a the discounted price higher than the such a recent launch price, I have no reason to buy it. If I didn't want it for $39.95 a few weeks ago, why do I want it for $59.95 now?

Ironically, I'm persuaded that $39.95 is a great deal, and would be an instabuy.

• edited November 2017

@CracklePot said:
    No it was $80 for a few weeks.

Ah, OK. That's not terrible, but it's definitely markety. IK puts their products on a regular sale cycle anyway, so it's mostly a waiting and guessing game.

• $59.95 US convert to Canadian and....nope

• I finally scrounged together $40 to buy it and I swear the price must have went up to $80 on that same day. The night before it was $40, but I had to wait until the next morning to get a iTunes card.
    It worked out okay though because I ended up saving the credits for all of the cool stuff that has been coming out recently.

• Whats the point of buying into a launch sale if you know it’s going to be sold at the same amount a few months down the line.

I personally think this is good business practice.

• I don't know sheet. Just hoping is all. I don't have any money, so that tells you how much I know about good business practice.

• @Sbee said:
    Whats the point of buying into a launch sale if you know it’s going to be sold at the same amount a few months down the line.

The point of buying into the launch sale is getting the app at a great price and being able to use it for the months before the next sale down the line.

I personally think this is good business practice.

I agree with you.

I'm just saying with the launch timing so close to Black Friday, I'm dissuaded from pulling the trigger for Black Friday. Also, I've seen app prices drop back to launch prices (or lower!) on Black Friday. Some launch prices are "lowest price it will ever be", but most aren't.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Fail.

But I bought American Acoustic for SampleTank on sale for $9.95.

Don't know about the fail, but I do love the American Acoustic thing from ST :)

• I had to sell stuff sitting in the drawer to get it and now I don’t even have my iPad. :( Will soon hopefully though :)
    I remember reminding everyone to take a second mortgage if ya had to. But it’s still worth every cent at that price guys. And Universal plus AUv3 is in the works per IK staff. Worth it IMHO!

Please do get it using Doug’s Link.

• Sounds like one of those dodgy furniture warehouse sales you get here. AUTUMN SALE - SOFA ONLY £299 - REDUCED FROM £8,795!!!!

When it’s always been £299, apart from one afternoon in February when they raised the price for three hours and moved it to the back of the shop.

• hmm, no mention of AU support in the description.
    And no mention of MPE support either.

• FWIW The IK guy posted in the original Syntronik thread during the intro saying that it would be the lowest price $40 it will ever be at. I knew it wouldn’t be cheaper on BF. Glad I jumped on it.

• It still would hurt to pay more. But it’s worth it guys! These are the best collection of vintage stuff I’ve ever bought.

• I would buy it at $80 if it had AU support lol. AU support is a must for me

• @DCJ said:

@kgmessier said:
    Why is this a fail?

Well... usually prices go down around Black Friday, not up. :D

up is the new down :)

• Honestly if I had known $40 was the intro price I might been slightly more likely to cave. But at $60... i think I’d need a lot more convincing. AU would definitely help. :)

• Korg Gadget Mac launched at $199. Regular Price: $299.

Black Friday: $149.

Korg knows how to move software. People get excited about their sales.

IK's sale strategy makes people shrug and defend price points. “On sale for only $20 more than a month ago!”

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Korg Gadget Mac launched at $199. Regular Price: $299.

Black Friday: $149.

Korg knows how to move software. People get excited about their sales.

IK's sale strategy makes people shrug and defend price points. “On sale for only $20 more than a month ago!”

Exactly. I am happy to be entirely immune to the charms of IK products.

• I bought it initially at its release bargain price and hence couldn’t give a monkeys what you guys do now it’s more lol - I am of course joking :)

• @teleb said:
    hmm, no mention of AU support in the description.
    And no mention of MPE support either.

I’m sure the guy from IK said on this forum that their apps would be AU at some point in the future.

• I didnt buy at launch, but early enough where all the all sounds bundle was on sale for $40.00 at that time the individual synths presets were still $10 each, which would have cost $170.00 if you bout them all separately, so $40 for everything definitely sounded like a good idea to me , and they sound great too. Idk if I would buy them all for $80. maybe, but no time soon, unless it was an audio unit too.