Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Strap question

Hey,

So I have this guitar strap, which I love. It is comfortable beyond comfortable. Only thing is, I like a guitar strap to.....slide, or be able to move when I am playing guitar. Like my Nylon material ones I use on my acoustic and my Fender Strat.

But.......With my Gibson LP. A nice comfortable strap is needed, less my shoulder becomes tired and sore.

I also have a walker and Williams leather strap, that I also love, it's got a nice design on it, and is padded as well. Just not quite as padded. I use it when I play live or at church. It slides around nicely.

My question is....... What can I fasten, attach, to the side of the DR guitar strap that will make it a bit more slippery? Right now I have some painters tape taped to the underside(the side that is on my shoulder.) It works ok, but I'm wondering if there could be another option? The painters tape shouldn't leave any residue, at least it hasn't yet. Maybe long term?

Anyway, any thoughts? Thanks

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dr-strings-premium-glove-leather-guitar-strap-with-suede-interior/j46366000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlYat4L_D1wIVSLnACh2KmQCkEAQYASABEgLdsvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221925979422-device^c-plaid^323968368423-sku^J46366000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

Comments

• Can you reverse the strap so the shiny part is against your shoulder? I know, not ideal.

• @Martygras said:
    Can you reverse the strap so the shiny part is against your shoulder? I know, not ideal.

I could do that, I thought of that, the other side does slide nicely. For whatever reason, I don't want to ruin the nice soft leather on that side. But, I may give it a shot.

I did find some replacement Shoulder Straps on amazon, for camera and video recorders, some have used them for guitars as well. Mostly though for the extra padding they provide, which, hey extra padding is always nice to have. Most of them have little beads on the bottom of the straps that they say prevents movement/sliding. Which, is not what I want, lol.

• Sew a piece of nylon strap under it, making it slide better. Some rubbery glue could also work

• @ToMess said:
    Sew a piece of nylon strap under it, making it slide better. Some rubbery glue could also work

Ah, I can't sew. But......My daughter is taking sewing lessons ATM! Good idea sir!

• When I saw the title, I was so afraid someone was going to ask how to attach a guitar strap to an iPad.
    Thank you so much for that not being the case!
    The world is still safe from an object that would rival the keytar for dorkiness.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    When I saw the title, I was so afraid someone was going to ask how to attach a guitar strap to an iPad.

That's brilliant! I bet I can put something together with a Ram Mount cradle so that it can pivot! Time to get to work...

• @Liquidmantis said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    When I saw the title, I was so afraid someone was going to ask how to attach a guitar strap to an iPad.

That's brilliant! I bet I can put something together with a Ram Mount cradle so that it can pivot! Time to get to work...

Please don't!!!

• You gotta go glam, the shirts are so , so slick. ;)

• Put a bit of spray wax or polish on it. Never tried it on a strap, but it makes my table super slippery

• @JeffChasteen said:
    The world is still safe from an object that would rival the keytar for dorkiness.

lol, oh my...that would be something............

• @JeffChasteen said:

Ideas ideas lol

• @Liquidmantis said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Who needs a guitar strap? Just strap it to the steering wheel like this guy did. (Actual police picture.)

• Unscrew the strap pegs. Get thin rubber washers and sandwich the strap between the washers, then put the peg on over it and tighten.

Yes, the strap is now married to that guitar, but that guitar is not coming off for WW3.

If this is a really nice guitar, maybe don't do that but also maybe don't gig with it either. I buy secondhand guitars (best find - $1000 fender weirdo limited strat/tele mutant for $150) so I care much less about cosmetics.

For comfort, get one of those shoulder things they put on messenger bags ( go to goodwill and find one with a good shoulder strap ) and velcro that onto the strap.

You've just turned a $10 ernie ball black strap into a comfy and super secure strap. They aren't fancy or pretty, but the business end of the strap that does the holding is solid.

(source: i used to play in a punk band that often had WW3-level audiences (cops called a nonzero amount of times) hence finding equipment on the cheap and having a solid mounting system. Also, everything you've heard about the durability of an SM-58 is true and it is a handy improvised weapon in a pinch)

• ^^^ - I'm talking about the removable velcro shoulder pads often on luggage straps

• @High5denied said:
    Hey,

So I have this guitar strap, which I love. It is comfortable beyond comfortable. Only thing is, I like a guitar strap to.....slide, or be able to move when I am playing guitar. Like my Nylon material ones I use on my acoustic and my Fender Strat.

But.......With my Gibson LP. A nice comfortable strap is needed, less my shoulder becomes tired and sore.

I also have a walker and Williams leather strap, that I also love, it's got a nice design on it, and is padded as well. Just not quite as padded. I use it when I play live or at church. It slides around nicely.

My question is....... What can I fasten, attach, to the side of the DR guitar strap that will make it a bit more slippery? Right now I have some painters tape taped to the underside(the side that is on my shoulder.) It works ok, but I'm wondering if there could be another option? The painters tape shouldn't leave any residue, at least it hasn't yet. Maybe long term?

Anyway, any thoughts? Thanks

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dr-strings-premium-glove-leather-guitar-strap-with-suede-interior/j46366000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlYat4L_D1wIVSLnACh2KmQCkEAQYASABEgLdsvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221925979422-device^c-plaid^323968368423-sku^J46366000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

What about the clothes you wear... I wear a black motorcycle style leather jacket with a bit of Vaseline on my left shoulder. My “Epiphone Gibson John Lennon Revolution Edition” is quite heavy.
    Picking up a Strat afterwards is like holding a toy :smile:

And LUBE comes in many variations

• Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I bought an excellent strap from https://www.couchguitarstraps.com. If they don’t have what you need they may be to give some advice.

• Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I bought an excellent strap from https://www.couchguitarstraps.com. If they don’t have what you need they may be to give some advice.

• @Trentsongs said:
    Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I bought an excellent strap from https://www.couchguitarstraps.com. If they don’t have what you need they may be to give some advice.

Those straps look great! I've already got two leather straps I love, jsut the one above doesn't have the movement I like. But, it's soooo comfortable.