Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saving Private Alchemy

Sorry, stupid title.

But can anyone tell me if the following is going to be possible:

• I have an iPad with Alchemy and almost all the IAP packs loaded onto it
  • But I want to update it to iOS11
  • So can I take the .IPA file off via iFunBox or iTunes
  • Then load it onto my old and slightly broken iPhone 5 which I’m happy to keep on iOS10 forever
  • Both are on the same iTunes account
  • Crucially, do the IAPs come along with the .IPA or do they need to get redownloaded again (which I believe is no longer possible)?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• I am going to say no possible.

I am just keeping an Air 1 at last iOS 10 to maintain Alchemy.

In the meantime, I am creating a multi-layer sample library that in time will give me the majority of Alchemy signature sounds for personal use slowly from the iPad.

I accidentally hit upgrade for iOS on 7Plus phone and lost Alchemy there. That was the hurt piece. Total accident.

My PC broke, physically, the screen opening broke shoe base.

So, my Alchemy stash of downloads and other such things were lost on that fateful night.

I have not embarked on any Alchemy stuff with new MacBook Pro.

Coming to grips with Alchemy loss one day at a time.

It is seeming more tolerable yet will leave a huge hole in my soul.

I think if we all still carry the torch maybe some day................

Frankly I am shocked no one has been attempted to replicate the GUI from Alchemy.

TF7 gets close.

But still the 4 track the multi facet XY and mini xy x2.

Perfect midi cc with hardware for learning.

Best sounds of my genre or taste of music available.

Hands down.

Getting a little choked up here.

• Can you not just download it from the AppStore to your iphone 5 and then restore purchases?

The sound packs don’t come as part of the ipa anyway

• As far as I know @BiancaNeve is right that you should be able to install Alchemy and it's packs (restore the Pro upgrade IAP first) to your phone already. Let us know if that works for you as it may help others who are in a similar situation..

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    As far as I know @BiancaNeve is right that you should be able to install Alchemy and it's packs (restore the Pro upgrade IAP first) to your phone already. Let us know if that works for you as it may help others who are in a similar situation..

Agree with BN and BGS; that solution should be possible without all of the backing up, etc...

• @JeffChasteen said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    As far as I know @BiancaNeve is right that you should be able to install Alchemy and it's packs (restore the Pro upgrade IAP first) to your phone already. Let us know if that works for you as it may help others who are in a similar situation..

Agree with BN and BGS; that solution should be possible without all of the backing up, etc...

Thanks all.

This would be great. And that would have been how I’d do it. But as far as I knew the download stopped working from the App Store for the sound packs a few months ago.

Can anyone tell me anything different?

I would try it myself but first I have to buy a new iPhone, give that to my wife, get the iPhone 5 off her, then try it. So, you know...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Thanks all.

This would be great. And that would have been how I’d do it. But as far as I knew the download stopped working from the App Store for the sound packs a few months ago.

Can anyone tell me anything different?

I would try it myself but first I have to buy a new iPhone, give that to my wife, get the iPhone 5 off her, then try it. So, you know...

Actually, forget that. I am trying it now... I've found that another old iphone 5 that I use exclusively for work actually has iOS10 on it (I thought it had gone to 11) so i'm gonna try it on that now.

• Working!!!

So happy!!

Thanks so much guys!

iPhone 5 with a cracked screen is now my Alchemy sound module (and source of cool samples for Gadget Vancouver).

For. Ev. Er...

Working!!!

So happy!!

Thanks so much guys!

iPhone 5 with a cracked screen is now my Alchemy sound module (and source of cool samples for Gadget Vancouver).

For. Ev. Er...

Great news!

• Alchemy is is no longer available in the app store. You can install it through iTunes if you have a backup of the IPA, but the 'Pro' upgrade extra presets will fail to download through the app store. I'm sure all of the IAP bundles will not download either.

• edited November 2017

@Coloobar said:
    Alchemy is is no longer available in the app store. You can install it through iTunes if you have a backup of the IPA, but the 'Pro' upgrade extra presets will fail to download through the app store. I'm sure all of the IAP bundles will not download either.

Not the case for me. Unbelievably it’s all downloading fine. Maybe they have sorted it out recently.

What you’ve said above is no doubt the case for iOS 11 devices by the way. But I’m talking about my iOS10 iPhone...

Edit: And this includes me resisting the actual Alchemy app from the store too.

• I still can't find it in the app store, though I found it in my purchase history and was able to install it that way. The pro upgrade is downloading now... interesting, it wasn't working a few months ago.

• @Coloobar said:
    I still can't find it in the app store, though I found it in my purchase history and was able to install it that way. The pro upgrade is downloading now... interesting, it wasn't working a few months ago.

Yep - had the exact same thing a couple of months ago and assumed it was game over.

It makes sense it's not findable in the app store on a search though - since they no longer sell it. But it's great that one can go and download the app and the IAPs if you own it. While you are still on iOS10...

• I'm really pleased I've got it on my decrepit iPhone though! I've half a mind to find some kind of many-knobbed midi-controller keyboard, gaffer tape the iPhone and a CCK cable to the keyboard and call it a hardware synth.

• I will try this myself later on but does anyone know if the function where you can control the vst (even free alchemy player) with alchemy iOS over wifi still work?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

This worked for me 5 months ago. But i just got the Pro upgrade, so I can't tell about the additional sound packs.

I'm really pleased I've got it on my decrepit iPhone though! I've half a mind to find some kind of many-knobbed midi-controller keyboard, gaffer tape the iPhone and a CCK cable to the keyboard and call it a hardware synth.

PHOTO MISTER NEED PLEASE GO DO IT!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I'm really pleased I've got it on my decrepit iPhone though! I've half a mind to find some kind of many-knobbed midi-controller keyboard, gaffer tape the iPhone and a CCK cable to the keyboard and call it a hardware synth.

One day... one day...

I think it only counts if I make it out of individual midi knobs and house it in a hand made case.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

One day... one day...

I think it only counts if I make it out of individual midi knobs and house it in a hand made case.

All good. You've motivated me to dig out an old iPod......will report back.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

One day... one day...

All good. You've motivated me to dig out an old iPod......will report back.

Please do. Don’t lose your Alchemy option.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    Holy Alchemy Batman! I realized I had and old Iphone 5. Bam!

• edited November 2017

Is it still possible to buy the expansion packs?

• @Coloobar said:
    Is it still possible to buy the expansion packs?

No not to my knowledge.

• @Chaztrip said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    Holy Alchemy Batman! I realized I had and old Iphone 5. Bam!

My friend just gave me a first Gen iPad (ios 5.1.1) for free, trying to download iap's after installing alchemy. How are you doing it? It keeps crashing here if I click restore purchases and sign in with Apple ID, but if I drag down on the sound libraries window it won't crash but nothing shows up. I know I had the pro upgrade and at least a few sound packs, it would be cool to have them again.

It downloaded alchemy studio, I wonder if it's because it's too heavy for 1st Gen iPad with the 4 parts.

Wait, they were all listed a minute ago (in pounds, not us dollars), then when I pulled down again its blank. Weird.

• I have done it on 3 devices now that I have had. 2 iPads and the phone all running ios10 or below. I just re down load it and restore my purchase and it works fine.

• edited November 2017

If I hit restore previous purchases and then hit cancel then all of the iap's are listed in euros (I said pounds before but I think that's a euro symbol) but none are listed as purchased and of course if I try to purchase then it won't let me, I get an error saying transaction failed because the app store did not recognize the product. If I pull down though, they all disappear again and I get a 404 error saying restoring of purchases from camelaudio.com failed.

Does anyone have an ipa of the version of alchemy from before it went to the 4 track format? That's the version that downloaded as well as the ipa I have, although maybe I'm remembering wrong.

• My problem is I bought most of the sound packs for desktop. Originally the Pro Upgrade allowed importing of these, but that is no longer he case.

How about this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KORG-MS20ic-USB-MIDI-Keyboard-Controller-4-Legacy-Collection-iMS-20-ms-20i/132401867162?hash=item1ed3c4299a:g:6nwAAOSwc2FZ-0kx

• edited November 2017

@Crawlingwind said:
    My problem is I bought most of the sound packs for desktop. Originally the Pro Upgrade allowed importing of these, but that is no longer he case.

I have good news for you
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/21667/is-alchemy-soundbank-import-from-desktop-still-possible

• My son just gave me his iPad Mini 2.
    I plan to install Alchemy there, hopefully it's gonna work nicely.
    After that I'm ready to go to iOS 11 on my iPad2017.

• I’m going to put Alchemy on an iPhone 4 and bury it in a time capsule.