Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kauldron no bpm in AUV3!!!

To my dismay I launched the AUV3 of Kauldron to GB as I wanted to start a track

In the manual it says the bpm is only available on the standalone version

In other words, you launch Kauldron and have a cool arp going and cannot sync it to the bpm of the song!!!

No link on AUV3 it seems either

Any ideas around this anyone?

Seems like a serious omission @yonac

Comments

• @Love3quency said:
    To my dismay I launched the AUV3 of Kauldron to GB as I wanted to start a track

In the manual it says the bpm is only available on the standalone version

In other words, you launch Kauldron and have a cool arp going and cannot sync it to the bpm of the song!!!

No link on AUV3 it seems either

Any ideas around this anyone?

Seems like a serious omission @yonac

Did you at least try?

• AUv3's get the tempo information directly from the host...

• An Auv3 has no internal option to set BPM. This is true for any AU.

But it should always sync to host. :wink:

• @Love3quency It could be an issue with GB, it's syncing fine for me in AUM with the Arp in time with Link.

• Man love this forum! :)

• Yep, standalone version uses link in AUM but not the AUV3, nor is there an option to set link up

I got a work around tho

I make the preset and arp in standalone version and set/ save its bpm to the same bpm I’m doing the GB song then when I launch the AUV3 Kauldron it’s at same bpm

I’m not even sure that GB has link you know...

• @Love3quency said:
    Yep, standalone version uses link in AUM but not the AUV3, nor is there an option to set link up

I got a work around tho

I make the preset and arp in standalone version and set/ save its bpm to the same bpm I’m doing the GB song then when I launch the AUV3 Kauldron it’s at same bpm

I’m not even sure that GB has link you know...

the auv3 doesnt need link since aum is sending it tempo data automatically.

• I was a bit disappointed that Kauldron within Garageband can't expose its Ribbon keyboard for use (it seems like it is supposed to, because in GB Kauldron's Prefs panel is accessible, and you can select 'Ribbon' in its menu, but nothing happens. Only GB's keyboard is there). In the standalone app you can do some great things using the Ribbon keys and assigning Aftertouch to things in the Mod Matrix; it'd be nice to have that option within GB.

Kauldron's XY Pads and pitch/mod wheels are accessible and functional within GB though, so that's great (especially on iphone where GB does not offer pitch wheel/mod wheel unless the AU forces it to).

• @JonLewis said:
    I was a bit disappointed that Kauldron within Garageband can't expose its Ribbon keyboard for use (it seems like it is supposed to, because in GB Kauldron's Prefs panel is accessible, and you can select 'Ribbon' in its menu, but nothing happens. Only GB's keyboard is there). In the standalone app you can do some great things using the Ribbon keys and assigning Aftertouch to things in the Mod Matrix; it'd be nice to have that option within GB.

Kauldron's XY Pads and pitch/mod wheels are accessible and functional within GB though, so that's great (especially on iphone where GB does not offer pitch wheel/mod wheel unless the AU forces it to).

Ribbon seems to work for me in AU full screen mode.

• @realdavidai said:

How? Those two arrows on the top right don’t change the keyboard style on iPhone despite choosing ribbon in settings

• @Love3quency said:

@realdavidai said:

How? Those two arrows on the top right don’t change the keyboard style on iPhone despite choosing ribbon in settings

Ahhh you’re right. I just tried on iPhone there’s no keyboard there.

• The more I dive into Kauldron, the more I see how such a great synth this is

It’s as good as zeon imho, because it also has an arp and the spawn 2

If zeon had an arp and a randomiser omg

• Ok so it seems they intended for the ribbons to be usable on iPhone AU/GB, I assume it'll get fixed in an update.

• does Kauldron's 2 x/y pads trigger midi notes like the ikaossilator app?

• @kobamoto said:
    does Kauldron's 2 x/y pads trigger midi notes like the ikaossilator app?

That would be cool! But no, the x/y pads are just for assigning synth parameters to for manual modulation.

• @Carnbot said:
    ...it's syncing fine for me in AUM with the Arp in time with Link.

Is it for you? Darn, for me the arp triggers laggy/sloppy and drifts from AUMs tempo after about half a minute. If you touch the swing knob, your held note goes out of sync. I feel like it would be a train wreck to try and use that arp live or even from a prerecorded MIDI. It’s very frustrating for me, because I love the sounds it makes. As is I can only record loops from it, and then fix the timing. I contacted Yonac this morning about it, waiting to hear back. I want rock solid Link sync like VirSyn’s arps in their AUs.

• @audiorangutan said:

@Carnbot said:
    ...it's syncing fine for me in AUM with the Arp in time with Link.

Is it for you? Darn, for me the arp triggers laggy/sloppy and drifts from AUMs tempo after about half a minute. If you touch the swing knob, your held note goes out of sync. I feel like it would be a train wreck to try and use that arp live or even from a prerecorded MIDI. It’s very frustrating for me, because I love the sounds it makes. As is I can only record loops from it, and then fix the timing. I contacted Yonac this morning about it, waiting to hear back. I want rock solid Link sync like VirSyn’s arps in their AUs.

ok, I only did a brief test so maybe would be the same for me too...