Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

effect lilke strymon timeline ice mode?

is this the same kind of thing as Holderness Crystalline Icebreaker reverb?

Comments

• Crystalline is probably the closest you'll find but it's more reverb than delay. You can definitely get some of the modulated effects with AUFX: Dub. I combine the two a lot (aufx->crystalline).

• I find the Crystalline presets tiring to my ear. Too much high end.

• edited November 2017

FAC chorus has an octave setting. Add more reverb to taste. Not as good as strymon, but close.

• FAC Chorus is amazing.

• Holderness Echopad has most of their algorithms (including shimmer) in the tweak section and a very nice clear reverb to make things wider (which is mostly off as default).
    Imh ears it's on par with Strymon stuff, let alone you can combine multiple effects in AUM easily.

• Turnado has some similar stuff as well

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I find the Crystalline presets tiring to my ear. Too much high end.

I think that's going to be true of any shimmer. It's basically adding frequencies in the high end

• I did a tutorial awhile back for how to emulate this using FAC Chorus as mentioned above :smile:

• edited November 2017

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I find the Crystalline presets tiring to my ear. Too much high end.

Yea i dont like how it sounds at all and dont really get the hype. One of the worst sounding effects i have heard(another of the worst is the multi fx from same company), and this includes cheapo guitar pedals and stuff that you expect to sound like crap.

Maybe i should give it 3rd or 4th chance, maybe its just picky about what you feed into it

• I will have to try them together. I have purchased the holderness bundle on iphone7 so I have all these apps.

Just need to figure the best way to apply them to guitar.

The hardest thing for me is wrapping my head around routing for live performance. I will have to make some attempts at different setups with Aum and with Audiobus.

• @theartwebreathe said:
    I did a tutorial awhile back for how to emulate this using FAC Chorus as mentioned above :smile:

do you know how to get the Stymon Timeline Ice Mode?

• edited November 2017

@vpich said:
    Turnado has some similar stuff as well

yes, but the sound engine is of much lower quality than the one of Holderness
    (and not in the Strymon league as requested)