Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fun with KORG Gadget Vancouver & KORG MIDI controllers │ Track DEMO - haQ attaQ

Still can't seem to access the IAP's for the new KORG Gadgets Vancouver and Lisbon on iOS so I grabbed a MacBook, updated KORG Gadget and started working on this track. Really loving the new Gadgets so far. I am also revealing two new friends in the studio, something I've been dying to test out with Gadget for a long time. Say hello to my new KORG MIDI controllers nanoKEY studio and nanoKONTROL studio. Let's get this rolling! Stay tuned!

Has anyone here been able to access the new IAP's on iOS?

haQattaQ

Comments

• @jakoB_haQ cool thanks, nice to see control over start points.

• edited November 2017

I'm totally in love with my nanoKey Studio. I get extreme 'C64/Amiga vibes' from the clunky computer-style keys :D

• I am a huge gadget fan that often works off my iPhone 8+ . Is the nanokey studio right for me?

• @anomieholiday said:
    I am a huge gadget fan that often works off my iPhone 8+ . Is the nanokey studio right for me?

To me Gadget and nanoKEY studio is a 'match made in heaven' all the 'important' parameters of all the Gadgets are pre-mapped on the nanoKEY Studio.(They can naturally be re-mapped if needed).

Not everyone likes the 'old computer style keys' so try it out in a store first...
    (I did and after about 5 minutes it was clear that I had to have one).

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    Still can't seem to access the IAP's for the new KORG Gadgets Vancouver and Lisbon on iOS so I grabbed a MacBook, updated KORG Gadget and started working on this track. Really loving the new Gadgets so far. I am also revealing two new friends in the studio, something I've been dying to test out with Gadget for a long time. Say hello to my new KORG MIDI controllers nanoKEY studio and nanoKONTROL studio. Let's get this rolling! Stay tuned!

haQattaQ

AUsome! Loving the LEDs, but might want to consider throwing a spot on the nanos so we can see them better!

Brilliant stuff, Jakob. Can't wait to see more! :p

• The main thing that would make me very happy with a nanokey studio is the ability to start the recording process and have it not actually start recording until you hit the first note.

• @anomieholiday said:
    The main thing that would make me very happy with a nanokey studio is the ability to start the recording process and have it not actually start recording until you hit the first note.

Unfortunately the nanoKEY Studio does not have transport controls :(
    It's just a way for Korg to sell the nanoKONTROL...

• @Trueyorky said:
    @jakoB_haQ cool thanks, nice to see control over start points.

My pleasure! Had a lot of fun making this.

• @anomieholiday I feel pretty much like @Samu when it comes to the nanoKEY studio. I'm also a C64 fan so I love the keyboard-type keys.

I saw your question and as @Samu replied the nanoKEY doesn't incorporate transport controls.

On the other hand, the nanoKONTROL does have transport controls. And it's the only MIDI controller (to my knowledge up to date) that can access and control the actual mixer faders in KORG Gadget.

Since I'm a KORG Gadget poweruser I decided on getting both nano-studio models. Seems like a good combo.

Now I know far to little about you or your workflow to be able to answer if the nanoKEY is right for you. I suggest you go to a music store and try it out before deciding whether you should get o e or not.

And I'll be making a review and guide for both controllers. But they won't be out for a month or two.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

haQattaQ

AUsome! Loving the LEDs, but might want to consider throwing a spot on the nanos so we can see them better!

Brilliant stuff, Jakob. Can't wait to see more! :p

No worries! This vid was just meant to share a studio moment. You can expect proper review and tutorial vids on the controllers. :wink:

• Thanks for the input.

Haq, man, you helped make me a gadget monster and your videos really helped shoot some inspiration my way and I cut some really cool tracks with it. Specifically the future garage bit, where I took away the recipe for a fantastic whisper bass, which I've always called the "Burial Bass".

Love to share some tunes with you, usually your gadget videos make me think of something i haven't done or tried yet.

I'd like there to be a record function that doesn't fire off until the first input is recieved though - am I missing it?