Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 on an Air 2

I'm desperate for the new Brambos app, but my Air 2 is still on 10.3.3. I've had a good rummage on the internet, and opinions are mixed - though most are dated from the first release, and generally more dissatisfied users are going to vocalise their concerns. I've watched a few speed comparison vids, and notice general iOS UI stuff, and web browsing is a bit slower. Which would bother me as I use it for browsing mainly.

It'd be great to hear from Air 2 11x users on your experiences - happy, or wish you'd stuck with 10x?

Thanks

Comments

• I’m on Air2 latest iOS

I’ve recently restarted my iPad from scratch.

My iPad never ran this well during iOS 10.

So bearing in mind I’ve reloaded everything from scratch, I’m so glad I’m on iOS 11.

Do keep in mind that we have both had issues the other one has not suffered badly with before and that all things in iOS land are not equal.

• Definitely happy, I was concerned a bit too.

I've not noticed much improvement over Model 15 though, still want a new ipad for using that one a lot, but then I always use a mixbus in AUM with a few effects and reverb which pushes it over the max.

The only other thing I've noticed is that when switching apps midi is knocked out of whack temporarily. Not sure this ever happened on 10. Can anyone else confirm this? Seems to be happening with a lot of midi sequencers.

There's perhaps occasionally bit of screen lag sometimes but seems to have improved a lot since installing it....

• All good here on my Air2

• edited November 2017

yep, i noticed the midi from modstep crunches a little when going to other apps. haven't done a proper check but i hope it's a momentary thing and sync is resumed.
    is there a reason why ios 11 will not work just as well on a air 2 as with a 2017 (maybe apple's wanting to knock off the oaps:) to get the best out of your pad it's probably best to do a reset. especially the case if you use it for other stuff like surfing etc. just reset my dad's and it was noticeably faster. all's good

• Thanks guys.

With the MIDI crunches - anyone noticing this happening with AUM/Odessa?

• Works fine, will work even better if you perform a fresh install (same goes for any iOS update)

• @MonzoPro
    i don't have those apps but i probably used the wrong word there. it's only a little hiccup when it does happen.
    he who dares... gets odessa :smile:

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thanks guys.

With the MIDI crunches - anyone noticing this happening with AUM/Odessa?

I think it's just with some apps not all, AUM/Odessa seems ok with me using AU synths. So this could be a background midi issue.

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro - I am on air 2 with the latest ios 11 version, and all is fine for me, I recently took the plunge. I experience no slower web browsing (at least not noticable for me). I don’t use midi/aum/odessa. For me ios 11 feels/is better then 10. Major improvements for me are: the better keyboard (you now can type numbers and signs by sliding a key down, so you don’t have to switch keyboard) and some other new UI features. For me a negative thing is the new app store, which has too big icons, so there is far less info on your screen then was with the old store, for me the new store is far less clear then the old one, but its not a big issue, it just makes me go less to the store (...edit: don’t know if the new store is linked to 11 or that it was just a coincidence that I saw it after going to 11). The battery life feels not great, but I think they have improved it with recent updates of 11. I switch wifi off when I don’t use it (to preserve battery life) (the wifi on/off button is better accessible in 11). If you are going to 11 check if bluetooth is on, and turn it off (when not in use) to preserve battery life. The new file handling is also an improvement. Other issue: apps that don’t work anymore in 11. There’s a list somewhere in 10 of those apps.
    In general I am happy about 11 and I wouldn’t go back to 10 if that was an option.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'm desperate for the new Brambos app, but my Air 2 is still on 10.3.3.

Latest 11 update working well on my other half’s Air 2. She uses no music apps, but in general use there have been no problems at all.

• Thanks for the feedback, particularly @marcel for the detailed post.

I’m going in....wish me luck...

• @MonzoPro - hahaha....good luck!!!! :smiley: btw if you use GarageBand: there are some major improvements there (but I am not sure if this is linked to 11).

• @Marcel said:
    @MonzoPro - hahaha....good luck!!!! :smiley: btw if you use GarageBand: there are some major improvements there (but I am not sure if this is linked to 11).

Thanks - yeah there are quite a few updates for GB that are 11x only. Don’t use it much these days, but the new features might tempt me back in.

• Good luck @MonzoPro I have had my own share of iOS update anxiety ever since I got my Air 2. But iOS 11 has performed perfectly on my Air 2, everything is just as fast, if not faster than before. I’m now on 11.1.1 and am extra pleased with it, hope it all works out man...

• I had 2 air 2s each on 10 and 11 respectively. Ended up updating the other one to 11 too as there was no massive difference if any.

• I've not had any issues. in fact it seems like the dreaded rotation bug has vanished for me.
    so win win!

• Hi, what about AIR 1? Anyone upgraded? I heard That sometimes it slows down

• Air 2 iOS 11.1, nothing majorly wrong for me. I had the crackles issue, but it has been pretty much squashed. Still crackles slightly sometimes when switching screens, but I feel that it is going to go away completely soon in an update. Also had issues with the Dock being triggered when playing a KB located along the bottom edge of the screen, but there is a solution for that now too. Just need devs to implement the fix if their apps have this problem.

Seems like the major bugs have been spotted and are being smoothed over. I have not noticed any speed issues, my internet seems about the same, and the Appstore sucks big time.

Model-15 has been a slight bummer, but I just accept that it is maybe a little much for an Air 2. But I am thrilled I can run it at all really. I have been using Gadget more for my Quantum exploring lately and that runs multiple instances great.

And finally, you can run Odessa. With that there may be nothing more to say. :)

• Thanks again all.

Update done, haven’t noticed any issues yet, but I’m prepared for ‘new update teething troubles’. Just downloading the GBand update, which seems to be taking ages, then it’s off for some Odessa madness.

• edited November 2017

Ignore this, I was moaning about Model 15 crackling but after a reboot it's working fine. Calm down Monzo.

• @MonzoPro - Did it work out ok?

• @Marcel said:
    @MonzoPro - Did it work out ok?

Yeah it’s been good actually. There was a bit of battery drain stuff at first (which I expected), and there’s the odd bit of lag here and there with screen refreshing, but overall it’s been fine.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'm desperate for the new Brambos app, but my Air 2 is still on 10.3.3. I've had a good rummage on the internet, and opinions are mixed - though most are dated from the first release, and generally more dissatisfied users are going to vocalise their concerns. I've watched a few speed comparison vids, and notice general iOS UI stuff, and web browsing is a bit slower. Which would bother me as I use it for browsing mainly.

It'd be great to hear from Air 2 11x users on your experiences - happy, or wish you'd stuck with 10x?

Thanks

I recently moved (to another apartment) from 6 mega Internet to 18 mega, that’s roughly 3x as fast but now the connection crawls with latest iOS update, since 11

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Marcel said:
    @MonzoPro - Did it work out ok?

Yeah it’s been good actually. There was a bit of battery drain stuff at first (which I expected), and there’s the odd bit of lag here and there with screen refreshing, but overall it’s been fine.

Good to hear that.

I myself haven’t updated to the latest 11.1.2 which was released yesterday. Perhaps there are some issues with that, as I read in another topic. It might be wise to wait a bit (on this xxx2)

• edited November 2017

@soundklinik said:

I recently moved (to another apartment) from 6 mega Internet to 18 mega, that’s roughly 3x as fast but now the connection crawls with latest iOS update, since 11

Wifi issues can be caused by all sorts of circumstances, its not sure if ios 11 is to blame. You could try to change the wifi channel in your router, that might help. (You could google it for tips on how to do that.)

• @soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Thanks

Not a crawl, but I’ve noticed a bit of a slowdown browsing, and apps that connect online have dragged a bit too. Not had the issue on my SE though, maybe it’s a temporary thing and the pads doing a bit of background stuff.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m on Air2 latest iOS

So bearing in mind I’ve reloaded everything from scratch, I’m so glad I’m on iOS 11.

Do keep in mind that we have both had issues the other one has not suffered badly with before and that all things in iOS land are not equal.

My Air2 is on IOS11 latest as well. It was out of storage, so I'm in the process of offloading 56GB worth of Auria files. I think I'm going to do the same as you and restore it from scratch. Are there any gotchas to look out for? Anything you forgot to do before the reset that caused you to loose something you wish you hadn't?

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m on Air2 latest iOS

My Air2 is on IOS11 latest as well. It was out of storage, so I'm in the process of offloading 56GB worth of Auria files. I think I'm going to do the same as you and restore it from scratch. Are there any gotchas to look out for? Anything you forgot to do before the reset that caused you to loose something you wish you hadn't?

Some apps just don’t have great file saving setups. Some are great and I keep backups of my synth patches etc in the cloud, yet some need to connect to a computer to backup and restore files. I tend not to use these apps much.

I think complete reinstalls are great for sorting out a sluggish or problem iPad, but don’t expect to be able to get everything as it once was, something always goes back wrong!

Just backup everything you can and fingers crossed :)

• Anyone tried that new video screen capture feature? Seems like that would be great for doing app demos. :smile:

• @haulin_notes said:

Anyone tried that new video screen capture feature? Seems like that would be great for doing app demos. :smile:

It's cool, but sound is mono only (as far as I have experienced) and sometimes sound can be quirky (disappearing when the right app or plugin is not in the foreground).