Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sound card both for macbook pro and ipad

hello.. any advice on a good and cheap sound card that I can use both on a mac laptop and an ipad?

thank you!

Comments

• What you want out of it, whats your budget and do you need to use both at the same time or at differen times?

• i can use them at different times . I want to have a sound card that allow me to connect guitar to ipad and/or mac for live gigs. it has to be little in size and reasonably in budget...

• 1 input? I use the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Works on both iPad and Mac. No drivers needed just plug it in and it works. You do need to have the USB 3 CCK from Apple and some source of power to use it on the iPad.

• edited November 2017

@sebavitale said:
    i can use them at different times . I want to have a sound card that allow me to connect guitar to ipad and/or mac for live gigs. it has to be little in size and reasonably in budget...

If you only one guitar in and only budget matters, then steinberg ur12 or focusrite solo. However if you are new to this, you might quickly notice that you need more inputs, so you might be upgrading from these lowest budget interfaces relatively fast. I suggest also looking into steinberg ur22 mkii, its not that much more expensive, but offers 2 inputs and midi in/out. And you will need 2 inputs for stereo sound. So if one day you get some old stereo synth with midi ports for example, you could use it with ur22 mkii, but not with ur12 or focusrite solo

• If it's only ever going to be a guitar, and just a guitar, then the Line 6 Sonic Port is great.

If you're likely to need a mic at some point I would go for the Audient iD4 though.

• @richardyot said:
    If it's only ever going to be a guitar, and just a guitar, then the Line 6 Sonic Port is great.

If you're likely to need a mic at some point I would go for the Audient iD4 though.

Preamp on interface is really important with guitar. Im pretty sure the line 6 has worse preamps and more latency than steinberg or focusrite

• @ToMess said:

@richardyot said:
    If it's only ever going to be a guitar, and just a guitar, then the Line 6 Sonic Port is great.

Preamp on interface is really important with guitar. Im pretty sure the line 6 has worse preamps and more latency than steinberg or focusrite

I have a Line 6 Sonic Port and a Focusrite 2i4 and I don't hear any real difference when I plug an electric guitar in.

If I was to do it all again I probably get an Audient interface, but only because I think they have a slightly lower noise floor and slightly higher clean gain than the Focusrite. I don't think there would be any actual audible difference in the sound quality of the preamps used, just slightly less hiss with a condenser mic and high signal gain.

• line 6 looks like only for ipad and not for macbook... is it possible?

and... any idea about:

Yamaha AG03 3-Channel Mixer
    Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD
    IK Multimedia iRig PRO
    Apogee JAM 96k Guitar Interface

?!

• @sebavitale said:
    hello.. any advice on a good and cheap sound card

ISA or PCI?

• @richardyot said:

Plus 1 for line 6 sonic port. Powered by the device, great connectivity, compact, never let me down.

• @sebavitale said:
    Apogee JAM 96k Guitar Interface

?!

Never tried one myself but after years on this board, I've only ever seen glowing reviews of the Apogee JAMs.

• and .. what about the basic i rig? it is soooooooo cheap......!

• Basic irig connects through the headphone jack, not the lightning port - avoid.

The apogee jam doesn't have a headphone jack, so it won't work with newer iPhones, something to bear in mind.

As for the line 6, I'm pretty sure it should be ok with a mac but I'll check.

• Just confirmed on the line 6 website the sonic port works with iOS, Mac, and PC.