Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Senode - suggestions for devs if they frequent this forum!

Just picked up your app from the soundtest room's setup video and it's really, really cool. Genuinely a fresh and exciting way to create hypnotic and dynamic sequences. A few things I hope make it into the next release;

Probability settings per node; I guess right now when you connect one node to two possible destinations, there's a 50/50 chance of them going either way, and you can manually control those odds by adding a "nth" copy of the node you want to be more probable, but it'd be nice to have this as a setting in node properties. There's room in the UI!

Containers; the ability to collapse connected nodes into the emitter so all you see is the emitter itself, with the ability to deep edit away from the main arrange screen.

Ableton link; because...obviously :)

Zooming; the ability to pull out and back in to different areas on larger canvases (only just discovered it is possible to extend the work area by just dragging items off screen and using scrollbars).

Shuffle; not even sure how this would work, maybe it'd have to be a per-emitter setting, and there's the possibility for it to seriously through things off time but maybe that's...good?

Anyway, I'm still playing with this instead of working. I should stop. But later I'm gonna hook it up to my Volcas and Boutiques and it's gonna be fun :) Nicely done!

Comments

• Maybe adding @sebastianarnold would help to get his attention :wink:

• I made some suggestions here too:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/419337/#Comment_419337

Great work on the app, such a creative tool and interesting way to jam and spark new ideas. Looking forward to some of the things you have planned.

FWIW, A few thoughts (some may already be in the works!):

— LINK!
    — Scales!
    — Scale keyboard
    — Synth parameters change to MIDI CCs when emitter (MIDI) is selected. with master velocity, aftertouch, modulation as default.
    StepPolyArp has an elegant way of dealing with assignments / naming, see attached.
    — Copy / Paste
    — MIDI CC values per node
    — multi function UI / dial to change note, velocity, gate, tick, MIDI CC etc. (could be on a node and also emitter property values). I'm sure there are better examples but arturia imini pop-over dial works very well to reveal the values that get hidden by your finger, attached.
    — more fine grain options than 1 tick (important for low bpm tracks)
    — randomise velocity parameters — alters assigned velocities within a sequence by a percentage range (humanises repetitive sequences)
    — hide keyboard

really anal UI things... (sorry!)
    —apple san francisco font (rather than verdana)
    — square edges to emitters

keep up the great work, I can see this turning into one of my favourite apps :)

• Sebastian> @Munibeast said:

Maybe adding @sebastianarnold would help to get his attention :wink:

Right, I found you :-) We already have a thread going on at https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22342/senode-graphical-step-sequencer

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions! Most of them are already on my list and I will keep the forum posted as soon as there are news.... Stay tuned!