Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Daw midi pattern to play synth app

Hello,

I have a couple of nice synth (imini, sunrizer, thor) that Enjoy the sounds. Is it possible with Audiobus 3 to write some midi patterns in a daw (GarageBand or others) that will play those synths when I press play. Im not interested in recording the synth audio to bring in the daw, I wanna be able to change the midi patterns.

Similar to what you would do with a daw and vst synths on a computer.

Thank you

Ecou

Comments

• @ecou said:
    Hello,

I have a couple of nice synth (imini, sunrizer, thor) that Enjoy the sounds. Is it possible with Audiobus 3 to write some midi patterns in a daw (GarageBand or others) that will play those synths when I press play. Im not interested in recording the synth audio to bring in the daw, I wanna be able to change the midi patterns.

Thank you

Ecou

Yes you can but, sadly, Garageband does not have midi out, just midi in. I'm trying to think of a good alternate for you, will try to post again soon.

• Xequence | MIDI Workstation by Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xequence-midi-workstation/id1279011478?mt=8

• @ecou said:
    Hello,

Thank you

Ecou

Cubasis will do it. Wait for the 50% off sale. If you just want to run pre-made midi files into your synths, it may be more than you need though.

• wimwim
    edited November 2017

You can host those apps directly in Garage band or other DAWs. No need to go midi-out at all. It’s almost just like VSTs on a PC.

• Yes. I prefer beatmaker 3 for this

• Thank you all for the answers.

@/Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr : when dies cubasis goes on 50% sale?

@wim : I'm on a iPad 3 and stuck in iOS 9. Those features don't exist in my version. I'm saving for a new iPad.

• @ecou Check out Genome, Beatmaker 2 (if it's still available) or ProMIDI.

• If you have one of the controllers listed here, you can get started with Cubasis LE for free (I think?). I went this way, then upgraded to the full Cubasis when it was on sale. Sometimes I feel ashamed how little I paid for the full package. :# It's worth full price and then some!