Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Showing the love

edited November 2017 in General App Discussion

Hey folks!

I've just added a new feature to the forum that lets us upvote/downvote posts. I'd like to routinely show some love to particularly contributey members of our little community, so go forth and spread the love :heart:

Oh, and let me know if you see anything goofy with it. I've had to make some adjustments already to avoid some wacky stuff, but I may not have caught it all.

Cheerio!

Comments

• edited November 2017

Let’s see what happens!

Can we see who votes up or down on a post like this so that we might accurately judge their character?

• We TOTALLY can - actually, I've already got a script in place to call the mothers of anyone who downvotes it =D

• Are they like/dislikes?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Are they like/dislikes?

According to the info bar when hovering over them, they're upvote and downvote arrows

• @jn2002dk said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Are they like/dislikes?

According to the info bar when hovering over them, they're upvote and downvote arrows

>

So that would be like/dislike.

• There is a sticky from @Michael at the top of the page

• @Zen210507 said:

@jn2002dk said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Are they like/dislikes?

>

So that would be like/dislike.

That depends really. The original intention behind the atrocious reddit karma system was to make quality posts float to the top while hiding low effort posts. Of course, in reality, they're used as like/dislike votes which promotes circle jerks rather than well thought out opinions

• Right.

So I just thought my post on another thread had disappeared, but as someone had 'disliked' it, my post was no longer on page 17, just before Brambos's reply to it, but had been relocated to page 1 of the thread.

While likes/dislikes are fine for people who like this sort of thing, from a usability perspective this is the worst thing I've ever seen on a forum, as it throws posts completely out of order.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Right.

So I just thought my post on another thread had disappeared, but as someone had 'disliked' it, my post was no longer on page 17, just before Brambos's reply to it, but had been relocated to page 1 of the thread.

While likes/dislikes are fine for people who like this sort of thing, from a usability perspective this is the worst thing I've ever seen on a forum, as it throws posts completely out of order.

After the first post there is a bar where you can choose if sorting posts by date or by votes

• @mschenkel.it said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Right.

After the first post there is a bar where you can choose if sorting posts by date or by votes

Ok didn't see that, it was set at 'votes' by default. Let's hope new visitors to the forum are aware of this system, which has confused someone who's been on it for years.

• Can you down vote the up/down vote system ?

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    Ok didn't see that, it was set at 'votes' by default. Let's hope new visitors to the forum are aware of this system, which has confused someone who's been on it for years.

Oh! That came as a surprise - that was the original (I think deeply flawed) default for the plugin, but I modified it to sort by date by default (so it doesn't affect the prior order). Works for me, but maybe I missed something. Will look into that.

• Just don’t turn into Reddit is all I’m saying. :D

• Ahh. I see what I did. Worked for me, of course, because I'd already messed with the setting with my account. Okay, fixed for everyone now.

• @Michael said:
    Ahh. I see what I did. Worked for me, of course, because I'd already messed with the setting with my account. Okay, fixed for everyone now.

Cool. I like the orange.

• @Michael said:
    Ahh. I see what I did. Worked for me, of course, because I'd already messed with the setting with my account. Okay, fixed for everyone now.

Quick fixes are worth an upvote or two.

• edited November 2017

Please ignore this. It's been fixed apparently.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Michael said:

Cool. I like the orange.

I just wanted to be able to shout louder ;-)

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro said:

>

Happily, we can set to view by date. Yes? Errrrm, where is the thing to do that?

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Happily, we can set to view by date. Yes?

Yeah he's fixed it now - it was showing by 'likes' by default.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Yeah he's fixed it now - it was showing by 'likes' by default.

>

Good. Also, spotted the location of the setting thing. All well.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Michael said:

Cool. I like the orange.

Makes it much more difficult to read surreptitiously in an open office though..

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Michael said:

Cool. I like the orange.

Erect a little dome tent around your desk, they won't be able to see it then.

• Interesting. This will be good for long threads which have solutions in them, hidden in the bowels of it.

• I will now find out if my penis jokes are popular here ;)

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Michael said:

Cool. I like the orange.

AB forum recently blocked in my organisation.

I have a fair idea that I triggered the ban. :D

Oh well, back to the iPad and hot spot ...

• They like me, they really like me.

• I find this new addition so interesting to have this feature added.

It sort of fits perfect with the echo chamber polarization and reinforcement found in media and politics.

People put opinion.

Someone puts opposing opinion.

Supporters of each pile on seeming to intensify the voracity of the argument or topic.

Each side feels emboldened and having the "right" opinion because scores of people agree with them.

Meanwhile, each will attempt to lower the credibility of the opposing few point.

In the event one side is apparently more popular, the other side will claim "bias" of the moderator or forum operators.

Mob mentality is so awesome.

It is why mosh pits and mega clubs are so rage-tastic.