Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oh Groovebox Why Why!

Was just jamming on a really neat Groovebox groove with Bass, pads and drums and every single time i have something going so beautiful, when i reach the end of the pattern, i really wish i could just go to another chord, and i dream of the day when Groovebox will follow. @AmpifyxNovation Why can’t this be done, oh why? I really wish and dream. I really love Groovebox and the sound, but it leaves me feeling like the limits are to unbearable.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Because it's not an auto accompaniment type of app. If you want other chords, you play them or draw them on the grid. I suppose you could try changing the key settings live, but that might be wonky. Best to leave those types of duties to the apps that do them best like chordflow,
    Navichord, etc and so on. But Groovebox is just a sequencer, what you record or compose is what you get. I still wish it had automation and a legit section sequencer which seem a little more likely but who knows.

By the way Figure works kind of well for this, when you change the tonality live, dunno if you tried that. Lots of sound sculpting options there with the performed automation, but alas very limited tracks

• I pointed that “arranger-like” approach when launchkey app was announced as discontinued and something was going to replace it... IDK if aside groovebox there is another app coming but again we are in front of another niche/gap still not solved in iOS...

• I would still have loved to see the Launchkey.app evolve into a fully editable AUv3 synth.
    If I'm not mistaken it was based on the Mini Nova...

The Basstation is already available as an VST/AU on the desktop and I feel that they could both do well on iOS!
    (The built-in synths in Groovebox are too limited to spark my IAP interest).

• @db909 thanks for the Chordflow idea, never though it could work that way.

@Dubbylabby, I agree. I just saw in another post that another user just bought a Yamaha Tyros 4, that’s a $3,000 Arranger wow! But it would be amazing if an app like Groovebox or similar could be created to cater to all the Arranger folks. What’s interesting is that if you think about it, Groovebox already had pre arranged patterns so in reality it is leeway an Auto accompanied type app, but the difference is that you’re not able to freely change chords as the song or pattern progresses. We’ll see, I’ll take a look at Chordflow.

• Arranger lovers are minority against synth lovers :disappointed:

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    @db909 thanks for the Chordflow idea, never though it could work that way.

@Dubbylabby, I agree. I just saw in another post that another user just bought a Yamaha Tyros 4, that’s a $3,000 Arranger wow! But it would be amazing if an app like Groovebox or similar could be created to cater to all the Arranger folks. What’s interesting is that if you think about it, Groovebox already had pre arranged patterns so in reality it is leeway an Auto accompanied type app, but the difference is that you’re not able to freely change chords as the song or pattern progresses. We’ll see, I’ll take a look at Chordflow.

To be clear, in Chordflow you set up a predefined progression and then you can draw 4 sequences of arpeggio type stuff to voice the progression. There's no live play.