iPhone 7/8 .. which accessory you use ? For Lightning + headphone

Hi I’m not talking about an interface .. which I have .. just an accessory wherein I can plug in to lightning port (eg mic or irig) and listen via headphones.. something mobile which I can use on the go... as of now I can’t plug my irig hd and then listen to headphones ... Bluetooth has undesirable latency

Comments

  • 16 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • edited November 13 Vote Up0

    Didn't you get the Lightning->3.5mm dongle with your phone?

    I've actually bought the Lightning->3.5mm dongle since I needed an extra output to monitor the recordings I make with my Røde SmartLav+ (I've only got the iPhone 5 and iPad Air 2 though).

    Belkin makes one with two lightning ports or one with lightning + 3.5mm...
    (I think they call them Rockstar something).
    http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=271547

  • No I want use lighting and headphone the same time

  • I think that's a 'no can do' at the moment.
    IK has updated most of their stuff to include a headphone jack...

  • I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

  • Ik multimedia replied .. said iPhone dock can be used .. the limited would be you can’t move it around

  • What’s required is the cck3 with a charge and headphone dock! The Belkin adapter does not allow USB midi through to the phone, only sync data from pc.

  • @Nu2moro said:
    What’s required is the cck3 with a charge and headphone dock! The Belkin adapter does not allow USB midi through to the phone, only sync data from pc.

    I find that a quite strange limitation?!
    If 'sync' to a computer works it would mean IDAM on a Mac host should work too?

    Could it be that the Belkin adapter just doesn't provide any power thru the Lightning port to drive external devices and only accepts incoming power for charge and since the computer already powers itself it 'works'?

  • I tried using the Belkin adapter connected to the plugable usb hub (connected to external power as that charges the phone) still didn’t work. When you use the Belkin to sync to the pc it allows the phone to charge so not sure why it doesn’t allow usb midi data?
    It could be a useful piece of kit if that feature was enabled!

  • @Nu2moro said:
    I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

    What usb audio adapter did you buy?

  • Plugable and the plugable usb audio adapter

  • edited November 14 Vote Up0

    @Nu2moro said:
    Plugable and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery plugged in to the cck3 to make it portable with the phone.

  • Haven’t yet plugged my guitar in to the audio adapter to check if latency is useable as I need to convert the lead to a 3.5mm TRS. There is no perceptible delay when using the usb midi keyboard on the audio out.

  • @AlexB said:

    @Nu2moro said:
    I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

    What usb audio adapter did you buy?

    >

    I believe with a CCK3 and something like this

    https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XNJLHXS

    You have enough.

  • @AlexB said:

    @AlexB said:

    I believe with a CCK3 and something like this

    https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XNJLHXS

    You have enough.

    That should work ;-)

Sign In or Register to comment.