Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deleted

edited January 2023 in Creations

Deleted

Comments

• That does sound great, Wayne. Nice job! If you have time, could you share a little about whatever DAW or effects or other apps besides Model 15 that you used to create this?

Compositionally, what is the "seed" idea of the song, a two bar phrase that repeats and you just adjust the chords and tones, filters, effects, etc.? Sorry if that's too many questions but then you did throw this out to the wolves by posting it here and the wolves are hungry! Thanks!

• @scadet said:
    That does sound great, Wayne. Nice job! If you have time, could you share a little about whatever DAW or effects or other apps besides Model 15 that you used to create this?

Compositionally, what is the "seed" idea of the song, a two bar phrase that repeats and you just adjust the chords and tones, filters, effects, etc.? Sorry if that's too many questions but then you did throw this out to the wolves by posting it here and the wolves are hungry! Thanks!

Sounds like all Model 15 to me, using the built-in sequencer.

• @scadet said:
    That does sound great, Wayne. Nice job! If you have time, could you share a little about whatever DAW or effects or other apps besides Model 15 that you used to create this?

Thank you! Cubasis 2 was the daw. Rp-1 and RF-1 are the effects. Musically it is based on the idea of phasing ( see the music of Steve Reich) It’s one long phrase which I take parts of and move forwards and backward a sixteenth at a time. Wiggled the cutoff a bit.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@scadet said:

There are up to 6 voices of counterpoint in there....so no, not the Moog sequencer.

• @waynerowand said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@scadet said:

There are up to 6 voices of counterpoint in there....so no, not the Moog sequencer.

Ah thanks. Well done. I listened all the way through.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@waynerowand said:

@scadet said:

Ah thanks. Well done. I listened all the way through.

Thank you for the ears and comments!

• nice effect - check out Wayne's other track using M15

• Thanks all!> @midiSequencer said:

nice effect - check out Wayne's other track using M15

M15 really is lovely.

• @waynerowand said:
    Thanks all!> @midiSequencer said:

nice effect - check out Wayne's other track using M15

M15 really is lovely.

quite agree - thats why I created presets for it & built my dream sequencer to use it.

• Thanks Wayne. I will check out Steve Reich

• @scadet said:
    Thanks Wayne. I will check out Steve Reich

Oh you gotta check out the trains one first

• @waynerowand said:
    Model 15 sounds amazing.

That’s good stuff, needs to be 20 minutes longer

• @oat_phipps said:

@scadet said:
    Thanks Wayne. I will check out Steve Reich

Oh you gotta check out the trains one first

As a guitarist, I’m partial to Electric Counterpoint. Thanks for the ears!

• Wayne. Great music! Also curious what are you using as the video for the YouTube? I like how some show your wav form?

• @waynerowand said:

It’s one long phrase which I take parts of and move forwards and backward a sixteenth at a time.
    >

Are you just sliding clips back and forth along the Cubasis timeline with your finger, or is there a slicker way to do that?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Wayne. Great music! Also curious what are you using as the video for the YouTube? I like how some show your wav form?

Thanks! I use Wizibel for most of my videos. I’m not a videographer and, with a little care, it looks great.

@waynerowand said:

It’s one long phrase which I take parts of and move forwards and backward a sixteenth at a time.
    >

Are you just sliding clips back and forth along the Cubasis timeline with your finger, or is there a slicker way to do that?

There probably is.......
    Lots of copy and paste on the timeline....it’s a hold over from my Finale days.

• I'm enjoying this track while at work. Thanks!

I believe you have bought Quantum in the meantime ... have you considered its usefulness in this setting? Parts of sequences can be defined, you can shift forwards and backward a sixteenth at a time. I'll try this myself at some point, was just curious to see if you think you'll be able to replicate this without editing on the timeline at all :)

• @bleep said:
    I'm enjoying this track while at work. Thanks!

I believe you have bought Quantum in the meantime ... have you considered its usefulness in this setting? Parts of sequences can be defined, you can shift forwards and backward a sixteenth at a time. I'll try this myself at some point, was just curious to see if you think you'll be able to replicate this without editing on the timeline at all :)

Glad you dig it!
    Yes, just picked up Quantum the other day. I’m diving in and am very excited about the possibilities. Fighting off the flu at the moment, but will try to have a track or two in the next few days.

• Awesome stuff.
    @waynerowand how do you find the potential of m15s sound comapares to your hardware modular? Can it get to 80/90% there?

• @waynerowand Are you freezing each track? I've been playing around with M15 and Cubase and only one or two instances and I start to get glitches. This is on a 10.5 iPad Pro.

• @Redo1 said:
    Awesome stuff.
    @waynerowand how do you find the potential of m15s sound comapares to your hardware modular? Can it get to 80/90% there?

Model 15 sounds amazing imho. The only fair comparison is to put it up against an actual m15. That being said, it sounds great. I think the recording speak for themselves ;) I’d be perfectly happy if it’s all I had access to.

@sunsetandlabrea said:
    @waynerowand Are you freezing each track? I've been playing around with M15 and Cubase and only one or two instances and I start to get glitches. This is on a 10.5 iPad Pro.

Yes. 3 seems to be the magic number for me. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I host in AUM and route audio to Cubasis. 2017 ipad here.