Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig MIDI and iPad mini 4

edited November 2017 in General App Discussion

I am wanting to use my iPad mini 4 as an editor for my Roland D-05 boutique and my local electrical store is selling the iRig MIDI for the reduced price of £20. The only problem is that the connection on the iRig MIDI is the old 30 pin plug that fits older iDevices. Would it be possible to get this working on my iPad mini 4 running iOS 10.3.3 that has the lightning port using a 32 pin female to lighting adapter?

Comments

• I have it and works fine with a 30 pin to lightning adaptor to manage my Iphone.And charges the phone! But use the official one from Apple , the others don’t work.

• edited November 2017

@AlexB said:
    I have it and works fine with a 30 pin to lightning adaptor to manage my Iphone.And charges the phone! But use the official one from Apple , the others don’t work.

Cool. I think I'll buy the iRig MIDI. For £20 it's a deal. However, I just seen some videos on YouTube of people connecting the iRig MIDI to an iPhone 5 and iPad Air using the lightning adapter but they get the dreaded "not supported" message pop up on their screen when they plug it in.

• edited February 2018

Does anyone know if iRig Pro I/O (midi interface) works with iPad Pro iOS 11.2.1. First I was getting no power message, then when I purchased and plugged in the iRig PSU 3a power adapter into also purchased Lightening to USB 3 Camera adapter - the message no power went away, however the iPad still does not see the midi connection.

I think I heard after iOS 10.3.3 upgrade, iRig Midi no longer works. Anybody know about this. All forums seem to say iRig Pro is the way to go for iPad. Really would like to see this work.

Any help out there? Thanks!!