Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Recorder App

Hello All,
I an really enjoying the Grid Instrument App, and am having a great time jaming on my Launchpad S. However, I am having trouble recording the output.

I would like to record the midi into an app that could then play it back to multiple apps.

I have BM3, but the keyboard grid for the instruments in the app don’t seem to match the grid on the Launchpad.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an app that I can add to the output end of Audiobus midi for recording these ideas and the moving the midi into other apps?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• @DYMS said:
    Hello All,
    I an really enjoying the Grid Instrument App, and am having a great time jaming on my Launchpad S. However, I am having trouble recording the output.

I would like to record the midi into an app that could then play it back to multiple apps.

I have BM3, but the keyboard grid for the instruments in the app don’t seem to match the grid on the Launchpad.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an app that I can add to the output end of Audiobus midi for recording these ideas and the moving the midi into other apps?

Thanks for your help.

BeatMaker 2
    Beathawk

• Does BM2 handle midi better / different than BM3? Haven’t tried Beathawk, but it strikes me as similar to Beatnaker apps. Is it usable as a destination in Audiobus 3 midi?

• edited November 2017

@DYMS said:
    Does BM2 handle midi better / different than BM3? Haven’t tried Beathawk, but it strikes me as similar to Beatnaker apps. Is it usable as a destination in Audiobus 3 midi?

Could have sworn I had BM2 recording in AB3 midi output... Guess I will get back it later...
    But, BM3 doesot export midi (when I last looked). BM2 records midi to infinity and can export midi..
    But Beathawk record at a max 16 bars and can export midi (in Ab3) and Au too.

Edit.... Here is a thread I posted on this issue..

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19507/an-ab3-midi-recording-app#latest

• edited November 2017

thanks for the link @RajahP