Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Keystep owners?

I want to get one of these but have a couple of questions for those that own this unit:

Is it possible to power it via a Hub connected to a USB power bank ?
Does a Yamaha midi Bluetooth dongle work with this keyboard.
Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2017
    1. Yes, you can power it over USB and it doesn't consume a lot of power. Should work.
    2. I can say that the Quicco BT dongle works for me, check it out, you will understand why I'd never exchange it for the Yamaha. The Quicco is so small, I just keep it plugged in all the time.
  • @rs2000
    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes those Quiccos look good, and I see that they are powered by both 3.3 and 5 volt midi sources whereas I'm not sure that the Yamaha is.
    They don't seem to be available in Australia though and postage from Thomman is about 50 euro which is more than the adapter.
    Where did you purchase yours from?

• edited November 2017

That's a bummer. I got them from local music store that doesn't offer it anymore either.
    It's about time Thomann places a store down under :)

Anyway, if I had to use the Yamahas I would probably attach/solder them inside the Keystep - and while I'm at it, put the powerbank inside too ;)

• Quicco looks great. Out of stock at Amazon as well. Says it normally filters clock which kinda makes sense considering the bandwidth it would take. @rs2000 did you re-enable it via Sysex? If so, did you notice any latency difference?

• Thanks for the tipp syrupcore, I'll try that (although I've never used the Keystep's internal sequencer).

• Hello, am a new keystep owner.

i want to know if with this adapter or the Yamaha one can i get iPad tempo out of the iPad using an Ableton Link? i want to use the arp and sequencer in korg gadget. i really like the Quicco form factor, but i read somewhere that apparently you cant recieve clock with it (from an ipad).

Excuse my english.