Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GrooveBox issue

I found this forum in a Google search for GrooveBox for iOS forum because I couldn't find a specific forum for that, so if there's a better place to post this, please let me know.

I'm having trouble with GrooveBox where the first beat will not play any of the specified instruments, and I'm not sure how to fix this. The app is completely updated on both an iPod touch and iPad.

Please let me know if you have any fixes or where I can report the problem better. Thanks.

Comments

• The Groovebox folks do stop in here, @AmpifyxNovation is the members handle. Could probably PM them too

• edited November 2017

Does this happen with random patterns as well as your own creations? What happens when you are on the grid view and press random until a note appears in one of the first boxes? Does it play silent and you can hear the rest? Ps this forum is absolutely fine for your question.

• @AmpifyxNovation I have an issue with audio crackling when I have patterns with lots of notes, even if said patterns are muted. Perhaps this could be solved by muting the midi events rather than audio so it's not processing all that, i dunno. My 6s runs crazy thick textures in other apps fine so it's a little disappointing

• The first notes of patterns STILL not playing makes Groovebox difficult to get into. I have found it only effects the Drumbox instrument, so in a groove the kick & hat on the one just don't sound. It's usually only just for the first play through, repeats of the meaure play fine.

I reported this shortly after Grooveboxes came out last year & over time @davebox and others have as well. It's a small thing, but it really shapes the intro of a song when the down beat doesn't sound.

Anyone else still getting this or are there any fixes I'm missing?

Air 2 on 11.2.2 , Groovebox on latest version.

• edited February 2018

Just checked: same issue for me on iPad 2017.
    BTW, I find I'm using Groovebox more and more. There are a few niggles, but the interface is beautiful and the sounds are first rate.

• I can’t replicate this on my iPad Air 1 with 11.2.5. FWIW