Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We Need Some Help And The Truth About My Life

Comments

• edited November 2017

They won’t me Doug, anything to help your family man. I’d say do it and we’ll watch.

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @CracklePot Thanks for that, and there are already ads running on the videos too, I do have the options of adding ads during the videos if they are over a certain length (most of mine are...lol) but I sometimes think that’s kind of distracting and more likely to annoy most people

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @CracklePot Thanks for that, and there are already ads running on the videos too, I do have the options of adding ads during the videos if they are over a certain length (most of mine are...lol) but I sometimes think that’s kind of distracting and more likely to annoy most people

Yep, I always get a jolt when an ad comes on in the middle of a YouTube vid. If it could be controlled like on tv... "We'll be right back after the messages..." that would be cool.

• edited November 2017

I would definitely watch a full advert at the beginning and even click the link to the advertiser if that adds anything extra? Adverts halfway through will probably put many people off, especially if they don't know your situation.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Three things strike me from reading this thread:

1. How different peoples lives vary so much as to make life really interesting.

2. How common place injuries are for Bass Players!

3. Life threads are like sex - you always get the odd knob popping up from time to time! :p

I just bought a fretless bass a month ago and it is destroying my right elbow. I love playing this thing--so much fun--but I think I am going to have to cool it and only pull it out for special occasions.

• Yes, I don’t like it when ads pop up in the middle of a video, I try and avoid doing it I have tried it with a couple of videos, but I'm not wanting to do that very often, I honestly have no idea weather a click through on an ad makes any difference, I do know that if you watch an ad and not the video it still counts a a view

• Just evolve. I watch your videos, but if you want make money. Learn synth basic..

• Sorry dont want to double post. Just show effort. But since 2014 it is the same...

Yes, I don’t like it when ads pop up in the middle of a video, I try and avoid doing it I have tried it with a couple of videos, but I'm not wanting to do that very often, I honestly have no idea weather a click through on an ad makes any difference, I do know that if you watch an ad and not the video it still counts a a view

Some Youtubers promote products or services in their videos and get paid some extra by doing that.
    Don't know if that's an option as it could somewhat lessen the credibility of doing unbiased reviews?

As long as it's kept 'music related' I would not see any major problems with it.
    It would be like 'The Daily Music Show with Doug' brought to you by...

I'm just brainstorming loudly...

• People are not blind, you cant get coins for beeing

• edited November 2017

AppShopper still down. I'm not saying Doug broke it, but it was fine before he put his great galumphing proggie fingers on it…

• Appshopper seems to be working again...

• @Mateusz said:

Just evolve. I watch your videos, but if you want make money. Learn synth basic..

@Mateusz said:
    Sorry dont want to double post. Just show effort. But since 2014 it is the same...

These posts could pass as valid criticism, perhaps a little disparaging because you didn’t provide objective source for it (e.g.: where did he show poor knowledge of synthesis and why). But them you discredit yourself completely by calling him a beggar:

@Mateusz said:
    People are not blind, you cant get coins for beeing

Because this was an all-out personal attack, typical of an internet hater/troll: you even suggest he’s trying to con/scam people (“People are not blind”) and he could even sue you for libel.

Look, I’m not in favor of adding disliking/downvoting posts in a public forum and think it was a change for worse because, more often than not, this ends up being a way for people that disagree with the opinions of the majority of the forum’s users to be initmidated or silenced: an statement being impopular will never mean by the impopularity itself that it’s wrong, yet it will be perceived as so. But in your case, @Mateusz, the downvotes were quite appropriate and for your last post I’d ban you outright if I was an admin (because of the potential libel offense).

• @theconnactic said:
    @Mateusz said:

Just evolve. I watch your videos, but if you want make money. Learn synth basic..

@Mateusz said:
    Sorry dont want to double post. Just show effort. But since 2014 it is the same...

These posts could pass as valid criticism, perhaps a little disparaging because you didn’t provide objective source for it (e.g.: where did he show poor knowledge of synthesis and why). But them you discredit yourself completely by calling him a beggar:

@Mateusz said:

Because this was an all-out personal attack, typical of an internet hater/troll: you even suggest he’s trying to con/scam people (“People are not blind”) and he could even sue you for libel.

Look, I’m not in favor of adding disliking/downvoting posts in a public forum and think it was a change for worse because, more often than not, this ends up being a way for people that disagree with the opinions of the majority of the forum’s users to be initmidated or silenced: an statement being impopular will never mean by the impopularity itself that it’s wrong, yet it will be perceived as so. But in your case, @Mateusz, the downvotes were quite appropriate and for your last post I’d ban you outright if I was an admin (because of the potential libel offense).

I'd say we give the guy who's obviously not writing in his first language a break. What he said was a little insensitive but is not libel.

But @Mateusz you might consider not saying something if you don't have the language to get across your point without insult.

• edited November 2017

@Mateusz said:

>

Perhaps you are a well paid person, upon whom life has looked kindly? Maybe you are just young, and haven’t lived long enough to be dealt any body blows. But your time will come, and when it does, when money isn’t so plentiful or long term illness has laid you low, then you might look back. With any luck you will have accrued enough wisdom to understand what a stupid front bottom you were, insulting a man at the heart of this community.

• For those of you buying apps this Black Friday or now, please remember our dear friend Doug and use his links to help him out.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    For those of you buying apps this Black Friday or now, please remember our dear friend Doug and use his links to help him out.

Does anyone know how to add the 'Doug Token' to the iTunes links?
    (I mean if we find a link and want to manually add the affiliate token to it).

• That would be so nice Samu. But I have no clue.

@Samu said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    For those of you buying apps this Black Friday or now, please remember our dear friend Doug and use his links to help him out.

• @Samu said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Click an app link from one of thesoundtestroom YouTube descriptions, any purchase you make in the AppStore after that will help Doug.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Click an app link from one of thesoundtestroom YouTube descriptions, any purchase you make in the AppStore after that will help Doug.

Ok, so it's enough to 'launch' the AppStore with a Token Link but not 'buy' the app that was linked?!

So in practice as long as the AppStore.app is running on the iPad all purchases made will send a share to the 'token' that was used when AppStore was launched?!(That is not how the token system works according to Apple).

I may have misunderstood here though.

Regarding Odessa I'll wait for a direct link from Dough...

• Me too. I’ve waited long enough so whats a little more to help our friends.

@Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Ok, so it's enough to 'launch' the AppStore with a Token Link but not 'buy' the app that was linked?!

So in practice as long as the AppStore.app is running on the iPad all purchases made will send a share to the 'token' that was used when AppStore was launched?!(That is not how the token system works according to Apple).

• edited November 2017

@Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Best check with Doug about the App Store, but Amazon affiliate links work per session.

When the app deals start coming in and Doug has the links, I'll be putting up a page for him so I'll post the link when it's ready.

• @Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Doug mentioned that even books and music that is purchased after clicking via any of his affiliate links gives him a small amount.

• I am waiting for Doug's Odessa link as well.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Doug mentioned that even books and music that is purchased after clicking via any of his affiliate links gives him a small amount.

Thanks, good to know :)
    Means it's 'per session' on the AppStore too. Will try to keep that in mind when Black Friday arrives...

• Thanks guys this Thanks giving what ever I buy I’ll use Doug’s Link. It will be so much of a blessing to our dearest friend and family if we all do so.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Samu said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Well shoot! That sure makes things a lot less complicated. It's "The Appstore brought to you by Doug Woods" from now on. Thanks for the info. :)

• @CracklePot said:
    I am waiting for Doug's Odessa link as well.

It’s actually really easy to find and add the token, go to any of my YouTube videos, open the description and look at the link to the app, at the end of the address it will end in =8 and then some more code, everything after that 8, is the Affiliate token, it starts with a & and ends with a z, just copy that part of the link and paste it on the end of any link for the App Store

@CracklePot said:
    I am waiting for Doug's Odessa link as well.

It’s actually really easy to find and add the token, go to any of my YouTube videos, open the description and look at the link to the app, at the end of the address it will end in =8 and then some more code, everything after that 8, is the Affiliate token, it starts with a & and ends with a z, just copy that part of the link and paste it on the end of any link for the App Store

Ok, I do wonder how I can 'intercept' IAPs and add a Token Link? (Thinking about the new Gadget IAPs which can not be downloaded at the moment 'Invalid Item ID'). Kauldron I'll get from the 'Video Link' once it's up :)

• @Samu As soon as Apple fix the broken App Store, Kauldron, Odessa and the Korg G IAPs will all

• @thesoundtestroom I don't know much about YouTube creation and apologies if this has already been discussed but is it possible to add your App Store affiliate links directly to the videos in one of those little hot zone boxes? Maybe something discreet/consistent in the lower left corner or something? That way whenever the video is shared anywhere, your affiliate link is clickable?