Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We Need Some Help And The Truth About My Life

Comments

• @OscarSouth said:
    I’m also experiencing a related life situation to what a few other people have described.

>

Sorry to read that you have also become an involuntary member of our ‘Sick Man Blues’ band. Get well soon.

• Great idea. I will be dropping a ton on BF this year, and will happily do it through Doug's links if they are all conveniently collected into a list of on-sale items.

• @Zen210507 said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I’m also experiencing a related life situation to what a few other people have described.

>

Sorry to read that you have also become an involuntary member of our ‘Sick Man Blues’ band. Get well soon.

Haha, I love the analogy.

Been more than a year now since the injury appeared and the changes we’ve made since then have taken root and moved us in the right direction without having to rely on healing quickly. On the up now!

I appreciate the sentiment, thanks!

• @OscarSouth said:

@Zen210507 said:

@OscarSouth said:

>

Been more than a year now since the injury appeared and the changes we’ve made since then have taken root and moved us in the right direction without having to rely on healing quickly. On the up now!

I like to believe that sometimes life has a way of working out. That things possibly happen for a reason. And that at the time it seems like the worst thing ever. But in the long run it moves you to an even better place. Good luck mate :)

• @triton100 said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Zen210507 said:

@OscarSouth said:

>

I like to believe that sometimes life has a way of working out. That things possibly happen for a reason. And that at the time it seems like the worst thing ever. But in the long run it moves you to an even better place. Good luck mate :)

This is how I feel too. Would have never even considered the possibilities that it took me towards and I’m excited to see where those possibilities will lead now.

Funnily, it all came from a ‘Harmonic Algorithm’ concept I came up with a few years back, to determine all useful possible combinations of the overtones of an electric bass over a chromatic fundamental tone. Back then it was just pen and paper and spreadsheets — now it’s a real algorithm coded in R and a queryable database! I’ve actually planned the design for an even more algorithmic version which can work for any tuning of any stringed instrument (you specify the tuning and it will return possibilities for that tuning). Creative Data!

• edited November 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@hansjbs said:
    As someone from Haiti I can tell you how great of a job they did over there........can’t keep a serious face with that. They did a number on us.

>

With any luck it will all come back to haunt them. Vile people.

You people are seriously unhinged. The current president is an admitted sex offender. He just sided with a former KGB murderer over his own intelligence community. You’re still banging the drum about Hillary Clinton? This is some world-class misogyny. for god’s sake, are you that afraid of “political correctness”? Bunch of cranky old white men here. I’m out.

• edited November 2017

@Bender_Rhodes said:
    This is some world-class misogyny. for god’s sake, are you that afraid of “political correctness”? Bunch of cranky old white men here. I’m out.

Assuming what colour people are and accusing them of being unhinged and misogynistic, simply because they don’t like corruption in politics is rather stupid.

BTW, 10/10 for the hilarious user name. Funniest thing I’ve read all day!

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hansjbs said:
    As someone from Haiti I can tell you how great of a job they did over there........can’t keep a serious face with that. They did a number on us.

>

You people are seriously unhinged. The current president is an admitted sex offender. He just sided with a former KGB murderer over his own intelligence community. You’re still banging the drum about Hillary Clinton? This is some world-class misogyny. for god’s sake, are you that afraid of “political correctness”? Bunch of cranky old white men here. I’m out.

Who's this cornball out of nowhere judging people. Man go sit your ass down somewhere. like @Zen210507 said don't assumed people's colors and accuse us of things when u don't know nothing about either one of us.

• Could we perhaps get this post cleaned up a bit so that it stays on topic? Please?

• @OscarSouth

I too am an injured bass player, but mine is a bit of a different slant. I've had Ye Olde Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists since I was in college, but it was manageable. No pain when I would do things, but my hands would fall asleep (pins and needles) - sometimes at work, sometimes at a gig, sometimes mid-range, sometimes mid-20-minute-Dub-Reggae-jam. It started to get really bad since August 2016 and I was starting to grapple with the idea of never playing again. I spent YEARS attempting to be/being a career bassist so this whole escalation was pretty damn devastating. So I threw myself into iOS fully hoping that I could use my engineering/production background to fulfill that a bit. Finally was able to get surgery a couple months back and both my wrists are now behaving better than ever.

Right now my life is going EXTREMELY well and I am very very lucky. But I only say this because I spent 10+ years struggling. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area which is one of the most expensive places in the US to live, so even when things look good to outsiders on paper, the day to day is paralyzing because th cost of living is crushing. Hell - now I have two kids and my wife to support and I still sweat rent every month and never seem to have enough.

I'm far from complaining, but simply tell this less-than-interesting tale for a few reasons:

1) Things ALWAYS work themselves out, even if it doesn't look like it in the darkest of times.
    2) There are people out there who love you and will help - may not be in the way you think, but they can and will help
    3) It's OK to ask for help and you're not in this alone

It often feels like we're on this island alone and we have to shoulder the world like Atlas and just do it all. Be a man. Suck it up. Deal with it. But it doesn't have to be that way.

And us bassists need to stick together against all those fucking guitarists :smiley:

• @iOSounddesign said:

@hansjbs said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Love3quency said:
    The uk government are pure evil and it looks like they will get ousted soon

>

Sure, but the other lot would do nothing to improve things, especially for guys like Doug. All politicians today are scum, and lie constantly. Changing government is pointless when the system is broken by design, as Fruitbat says.

Nasty as the Tories have always been, I recall a Labour government policy which meant my terminally ill mum definitely qualified for a grant to make her bathroom safe for her use. Trouble was, the committee to approve such grants met once a year, then took 6 months to release grants. I asked if I paid in the mean time - via bank loan, had little cash at the time - could I claim it back. No sir, they said, because if I paid the bill I was deemed able to afford it, and my mum’s claim would be tossed. So, we have an example of a ‘caring Labour’ policy clearly designed to stall the claimant, with the intention of as many people as possible dying before they could get a payout.

The same bastards, on both sides, are even more creative these days, unless you are from an approved minority, etc. Doug, as a white man of a certain age, is fucked by the system whatever he tries to do.

My friend here in the states, a former social worker and now social work professor, says that the world would be better off if we eliminated the entire social work bureaucracy and just gave the money we spend on it directly to poor people.

I recommend the Clinton Foundation. Heard they did a great job in Haiti!

I know they did, and maybe it was a hard joke, but it was meant to show that it is impossible to trust anyone in that regard. Humans will always be corrupt, and the Clinton foundation was the best example i could think of.

The Clinton Foundation was the best example you could think of in terms of corruption?
    Frankly, you need to get out more. A lot more.

• @dvlmusic said:

And us bassists need to stick together against all those fucking guitarists :smiley:

+1

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hansjbs said:

>

Well, besides all that collusion, corruption, belligerence, buffoonery , and displaying the emotional and intellectual development of an 8-year old (particularly obnoxious) child, he's doing a great job!

• @MonzoPro said:

@dvlmusic said:

+1

If the bassists are this united in opposition to guitarists, the keys players won’t stand a chance.

• @thesoundtestroom - Doug, if you haven't got a website or page anywhere online at the moment, and want a place to list the Black Friday sales links, I can let you have a page on my 'band' website, and you can then share the link to the page on here. I can set it up as a 'landing page' (I think) so it doesn't look like part of my site, and I can either add the links/codes for you if you send them over, or if you're familiar wth Wordpress I can setup a login so you can manage the page yourself.

Just thought it might be a handy temporary fix so you can get a few links online.

• edited November 2017

@dvlmusic said:
    @OscarSouth

I too am an injured bass player, but mine is a bit of a different slant. I've had Ye Olde Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists since I was in college, but it was manageable. No pain when I would do things, but my hands would fall asleep (pins and needles) - sometimes at work, sometimes at a gig, sometimes mid-range, sometimes mid-20-minute-Dub-Reggae-jam. It started to get really bad since August 2016 and I was starting to grapple with the idea of never playing again. I spent YEARS attempting to be/being a career bassist so this whole escalation was pretty damn devastating. So I threw myself into iOS fully hoping that I could use my engineering/production background to fulfill that a bit. Finally was able to get surgery a couple months back and both my wrists are now behaving better than ever.

Right now my life is going EXTREMELY well and I am very very lucky. But I only say this because I spent 10+ years struggling. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area which is one of the most expensive places in the US to live, so even when things look good to outsiders on paper, the day to day is paralyzing because th cost of living is crushing. Hell - now I have two kids and my wife to support and I still sweat rent every month and never seem to have enough.

I'm far from complaining, but simply tell this less-than-interesting tale for a few reasons:

1) Things ALWAYS work themselves out, even if it doesn't look like it in the darkest of times.
    2) There are people out there who love you and will help - may not be in the way you think, but they can and will help
    3) It's OK to ask for help and you're not in this alone

It often feels like we're on this island alone and we have to shoulder the world like Atlas and just do it all. Be a man. Suck it up. Deal with it. But it doesn't have to be that way.

True stuff! Especially the last part!!

I have a belief in life that as long as you’re proactive/hard working, believe in a positive outcome and take pride and care in your work/life (and what it contains), then there’s always going to be a real positive outcome as a result. Doesn’t mean that there won’t be some crazy challenges along the way, but if you persevere, the law of averages will prevail. It’s worked for me so far! (I have more to be thankful for than not)

• What about a soundtestroom app in the app store?

• @dvlmusic said:

>

Glad to hear you came out the other side, better than ever!

• @JeffChasteen said:
    The Clinton Foundation was the best example you could think of in terms of corruption?

>

Jeff, c’mon man. It isn’t a competition with the least corrupt being acceptable. All the main players are turds, liars and vastly corrupt.

• @Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

Jeff, c’mon man. It isn’t a competition with the least corrupt being acceptable. All the main players are turds, liars and vastly corrupt.

Perhaps, but I still question the motives of an individual who states "the Clinton foundation was the best example" of corruption.
    As you say, there is a plethora of choices. Odd that poster would hone in on that example. Or maybe not so odd at all.

• Anyway, best of luck, Doug. I upped my Patreon fee for the services that you provide. It’s amazing what we can do if everyone just does a little!

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

Perhaps, but I still question the motives of an individual who states "the Clinton foundation was the best example" of corruption.
    As you say, there is a plethora of choices. Odd that poster would hone in on that example. Or maybe not so odd at all.

Not going to comment on this further, since it would only derail the thread. It was a response to cutting out the government to "privatize" charity. And what the Clinton Foundation did with public funding is a perfect example for this.

It speaks volumes about you, that you instantly try to deflect with "but..but...look at them", instead of denouncing obvious corruption where the victims in Haiti have NOTHING.

• Again I have to say thanks for all the support and brilliant ideas, and it is incredible when everybody helps, Patreon is doing fantastically well now so things are very very positive.

@MonzoPro I know nothing of websites and stuff, I used to post videos on thesoundtestroom site but I have forgotten all that now and Colin used to do all the backend work, I would love to have a link page for app sales set up somewhere, that would be great

• edited November 2017

@iOSounddesign said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

Not going to comment on this further, since it would only derail the thread. It was a response to cutting out the government to "privatize" charity. And what the Clinton Foundation did with public funding is a perfect example for this.

It speaks volumes about you, that you instantly try to deflect with "but..but...look at them", instead of denouncing obvious corruption where the victims in Haiti have NOTHING.

No, your example speaks volumes about you. However, don't worry; unless you begin equating Depeche Mode with Wagner, there is no danger that I will call you a crypto-nazi douchebag, new boy.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Again I have to say thanks for all the support and brilliant ideas, and it is incredible when everybody helps, Patreon is doing fantastically well now so things are very very positive.

@MonzoPro I know nothing of websites and stuff, I used to post videos on thesoundtestroom site but I have forgotten all that now and Colin used to do all the backend work, I would love to have a link page for app sales set up somewhere, that would be great

Yep no problem, I’ll try and set up a page in the next couple of days. I’ll send you a PM with my email address, and all I’d need is the link codes (same as you use on your YouTube posts), and I’ll add these as a list when you’re ready.

• @MonzoPro that’s epic, just need to find all those sales

• @JeffChasteen said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

No, your example speaks volumes about you. However, don't worry; unless you begin equating Depeche Mode with Wagner, there is no danger that I will call you a crypto-nazi douchebag, new boy.

So the people in Haiti, who got ravaged by earthquakes, corruption and hurricanes don't matter to you, but i'm the Nazi. Got it, i'm out.

• We need to start a tip jar in this thread! $5 per word patreon donation for political discussions seems fair...

Glad it's working out for Doug

• @iOSounddesign said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

>

So the people in Haiti, who got ravaged by earthquakes, corruption and hurricanes don't matter to you, but i'm the Nazi. Got it, i'm out.

What was that you said about...deflection?
    I do applaud your last statement, though.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    We need to start a tip jar in this thread! $5 per word patreon donation for political discussions seems fair...

Love it. $5 fine payable through Patreon for anyone who makes a political post, proceeds go to Doug. Ima go first: I can only hope that a nuclear Wag the Dog is not forthcoming and that the world survives our bumbling, idiotic Cheeto-in-Chief. Oh yeah, and Hillary is also awful.

Heading over to Patreon.....