Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11.1.1 update out today

Anyone test it out yet? With the last iOS update, all my prior audio glitches were fixed as far as I can tell. I’m a little hesitant to do any further iOS updates until I’m sure it hasn’t introduced any new wonkiness. “If it ain’t broke....”
Any guinea pigs? ;)

Comments

• who can resist 11:11 :dizzy: ?

• Yeah, it’s fine.

• Here are some details if you are curious (or just too lazy :p )

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/09/apple-releases-ios-11-1-1-update/

• @asnor said:
    who can resist 11:11 :dizzy: ?

If only Apple had waited two more days.

• iOS11 gets more fixes than a crack whore.

• Anybody with a mini2 and ios 11 ?

• @pierre said:
    Anybody with a mini2 and ios 11 ?

Overall it's fine. Actually the battery life has improved while idle. Only weird thing about it is the wifi and Bluetooth default to on. I'm always turning them off.

• thanks for the feedback, i may take the plunge...

• @pierre said:
    Anybody with a mini2 and ios 11 ?

Yes my mini2 is fine running 11.1.1 - they seem to have fixed the "bluetooth always turning itself on" issue at some point. At least mine stays off once I turn it off which it didn't on 11.0.

• Good to hear , thanks guys.

• Even on 11.1, my iPhone 6s is still a laggy mess. 2-year-old device, okay I get it, but the difference in processing power should be irrelevant where the move from iOS10 to 11 does not add any really significant workflow changes. In retrospect, I'd have preferred to still be on iOS10, but I thought with the wholesale changes to how the App Store works and mandated 64-bit, this was sort of a necessary upgrade. (I like the old App Store better, by the way).

• @StormJH1 said:
    Even on 11.1, my iPhone 6s is still a laggy mess. 2-year-old device, okay I get it, but the difference in processing power should be irrelevant where the move from iOS10 to 11 does not add any really significant workflow changes. In retrospect, I'd have preferred to still be on iOS10, but I thought with the wholesale changes to how the App Store works and mandated 64-bit, this was sort of a necessary upgrade. (I like the old App Store better, by the way).

iOS 11 has made my iPhone 7 feel ancient even after taking all the advice on how to get things back to normal. Makes no sense at all.

• I nearly regretted moving to 11 on my new iPad Pro w/ all the audio problems that plagued the first couple releases. Sounds like a good idea to keep my 6s plus and Air 2 on iOS 10 , perhaps permanently.

If 11 is sluggish on a speed demon like the iPhone 7, the 6s or earlier don’t stand a chance. I just call it a bonus being able to keep all the legacy 32-bit apps in working order. 11 almost seems like a downgrade for older devices.

• 11 is faster than 10 here on Air2

• Better performance on 11 than on 10 here on Mini 4, Air2 and iPhone 7. Weird that experiences seem to vary so wildy.

• edited November 2017

@brambos said:
    Better performance on 11 than on 10 here on Mini 4, Air2 and iPhone 7. Weird that experiences seem to vary so wildy.

I’m really finding it difficult to make a decision. Not happy with battery life on my SE after updating, and my iPad 2 is unusable when I updated that (9, I think was the last supported version).

Some are reporting issues with 11 on an Air2, others saying it’s fine (or better).

I really want your new AU suite, but nervous about pushing the update button.

• I've got a 64GB iPad Air 2 and iOS11.1.1 runs fine on it and it feels snappier than iOS10.3.3...
    The Files.app and other refinements are well worth it!

• mini 2 seems to work ok if I turn everything off, Siri, photos, push mail etc etc About to update to 11 on Air 2.
    iPhone SE battery went back to being good after I turned off all my background app refresh in settings other than a few essentials like Whatsapp. Think it re-enabled these after updating to 11 which made battery worse

• Anyone try this on a 2017 Pro 12"

• @dvlmusic said:
    Anyone try this on a 2017 Pro 12"

Yep, got 11.1.1 on my 2017 12.9 Pro now. running fine so far :)

Haven’t tested most of my 217 music apps yet, but the ones I was having problems with before
    (geoshred, AUM, BM3,) are all working great now. The patch just before 11.1.1 seemed to fix everything .

• edited November 2017

@StormJH1 said:
    Even on 11.1, my iPhone 6s is still a laggy mess. 2-year-old device, okay I get it, but the difference in processing power should be irrelevant where the move from iOS10 to 11 does not add any really significant workflow changes. In retrospect, I'd have preferred to still be on iOS10, but I thought with the wholesale changes to how the App Store works and mandated 64-bit, this was sort of a necessary upgrade. (I like the old App Store better, by the way).

The new 11.1.1 make my iPhone 6+ runs smoother...

EDIT BTW... The new Beta (on my mini 2) works smoother also... the Bluetooth midi comes in with no/little latency, I observed.

• Not yet convinced. Think I'm going to wait for 11.1.1.1.1.

• Running an Air 2 on 11.1 and all OK so far, about 10 days in and no complaints.

• @richardyot said:
    Running an Air 2 on 11.1 and all OK so far, about 10 days in and no complaints.

Have you noticed any difference in speed, or battery performance?

I'm nearly ready to push the button.

• Fast iOS 11 on Air2 here, but I have just done a completely fresh install of everything ;)

• Battery is better for me on 11 on standby at least, 10.3 was a lot lower in that regard for me personally, have never done a reinstall, just updates.

• I wish the fix the files app show problem, it still plays hid and seek hard reset with my iPad.

• I’m not updating unless the update affects me. I don’t use Siri and I haven’t noticed any issue with auto correct. I don’t see any security patches either, unless there is a full list I should see?

• @Samu said:
    I've got a 64GB iPad Air 2 and iOS11.1.1 runs fine on it and it feels snappier than iOS10.3.3...
    The Files.app and other refinements are well worth it!

My exact experience too @Samu I always get jittery about updating but 11 just had too much stuff that I wanted. I am hoping Black Friday or Cyber Monday (or is it Tuesday) will have a too good to turn down deal on an iPad Pro 10.5 but with the way my Air 2 is running if I don't find a deal I'm going to be content with the Air 2 for the foreseeable future.

• @MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:
    Running an Air 2 on 11.1 and all OK so far, about 10 days in and no complaints.

Have you noticed any difference in speed, or battery performance?

I'm nearly ready to push the button.

No difference that I've noticed - YMMV of course.