Launchpad Pro and your iPad

Really enjoying my Launchpad Pro so I figured I would share how well it works with the iPad.

Comments

  • @gmslayton Do you have BM3? If you do, how well does the LP Pro integrate with It? Apologies if you already show that on the video, but I’m in bed and can’t have sound on as left my headphones elsewhere lol

  • @Fruitbat1919 I do have BM3 and it integrates ok. I haven't dove in completely with using it with BM3. I will continue to explore it with BM3 and see if I notice any advantages.

  • edited November 2017

    @gmslayton have you used it with a chorp player app, like ChordPolyPad? ChordPolyPad has an 8x8 grid option, i could see it being nice to have kinda permanently have it set up with 16 chords, with 4 inversions for each.

    For that matter, does the launchpad pro have any sort of built in chord mode?

    I got a launchpad mini, and it's pretty useless with ios, beyond the official launchpad app.

  • @Processaurus said:
    @gmslayton have you used it with a chorp player app, like ChordPolyPad? ChordPolyPad has an 8x8 grid option, i could see it being nice to have kinda permanently have it set up with 16 chords, with 4 inversions for each.

    For that matter, does the launchpad pro have any sort of built in chord mode?

    I got a launchpad mini, and it's pretty useless with ios, beyond the official launchpad app.

    The launchpad pro has tons of inbuilt scales. It can even mimic the pushs chord mode with the correct settings (takes a few taps).
    You need to update it to the latest firmware for them though.

  • Hey @gmslayton haven't had time to see the entire video but did you update it's firmware ? The scale modes are kind of essential. Also. There is a workaround for using the launchpad with the Ica4+ and launchpad app. Use a powered hub and connect the Ica4+ and the launchpad to it. It works that way.

  • GridInstrument looks > @Processaurus said:

    I got a launchpad mini, and it's pretty useless with ios, beyond the official launchpad app.

    GridInstrument looks to expand the LP Mini's usefulness. I have yet to get it, but this video shows scales being mapped to the keys like the Pro's functions.

  • Gridinstrument is doing wonders for the launchpad Mini.. !!! Yeaj

  • One feature with the LPP - aftertouch. Are there any apps supporting this? Or anything at all?

  • @Hansson said:
    Gridinstrument is doing wonders for the launchpad Mini.. !!! Yeaj

    And the LP Mark 2 :), just longing for velocity sensitivity :(

  • I now understand aftertoucj and I've had my Launchpad Pro for years... so Thanks!

  • @Processaurus I just played around with Navichord and it seem to work pretty well for triggering chords. I dont own ChordPolyPad but it is in my wishlist. Also the Launchpad Pro doesnt have a chord mode. I looked at the midi but somehow I knew it would be limited, which is why I sprung for the pro.

    @RUST( i )K Nice setup.

    @gonekrazy3000 Thanks for the tip and I do have the latest firmware with the scale mode. Its amazing.

    @Aud_iOS Yes there are several apps that support aftertouch and even some that support Polyphonic Aftertouch.

    @Milestone_Music Glad my video helped.

  • @gmslayton said:
    @Processaurus I just played around with Navichord and it seem to work pretty well for triggering chords. I dont own ChordPolyPad but it is in my wishlist. Also the Launchpad Pro doesnt have a chord mode. I looked at the midi but somehow I knew it would be limited, which is why I sprung for the pro.

    @RUST( i )K Nice setup.

    @gonekrazy3000 Thanks for the tip and I do have the latest firmware with the scale mode. Its amazing.

    @Aud_iOS Yes there are several apps that support aftertouch and even some that support Polyphonic Aftertouch.

    @Milestone_Music Glad my video helped.

    Thank you

    That was a temp set up.

    I since moved and am going to be building a home set up more customized and have some external speaker set ups.

  • Anyone use LPP with BM3 or Gadget. On the fence about buying a used one for $100

  • @WillieNegus said:
    Anyone use LPP with BM3 or Gadget. On the fence about buying a used one for $100

    BM3 has a way to custom map your buttons. It also supports 64 pad devices

  • @WillieNegus said:
    Anyone use LPP with BM3 or Gadget. On the fence about buying a used one for $100

    Seems like it would be useful enough for BM3. Hell for 100 you could probably just resell it for more if you aren't into it.

  • @SlowMotion said:

    @WillieNegus said:
    Anyone use LPP with BM3 or Gadget. On the fence about buying a used one for $100

    Seems like it would be useful enough for BM3. Hell for 100 you could probably just resell it for more if you aren't into it.

    I like your thinking there.

Sign In or Register to comment.