Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using an Lightning Connector Field Recorder? Best one for under $200?

Would love to get some nature field recordings in some of my compositions and also would like to mangle random percussive sounds. Let's hear some recommendations!

Comments

• Rode iXY here, works great but only at 48kHz (which is no big deal for me).

• @Tarekith said:
    Rode iXY here, works great but only at 48kHz (which is no big deal for me).

Me too. I'm using the 30 pin with a lightning adapter. Have not used it on the latest OS though. I assume it still works... although Apple, ya know.

• iRig Mic Field works quite well...

• Zoom iQ5. Not bad at all

• I have used a Blue Snowball mic in Omni mode. Worked really well, but watch out for breezes! And you need a CCK, but it does not require any additional power so you do not need CCK-3 necessarily.

• I've used the Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone. It has a lightning connector, though it may not connect securely to your iPhone or iPad if the device is surrounded by a thick case. It does supports 24bit/48kHz recording.