Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 new experimental pieces I jammed out:

edited November 2017 in Creations

Done on iPad with Patterning, ZETA(BEST SYNTH IN IOS AGAIN!), and Beat Hawk

• Pure experimental

ALL ON iMaschine done at the gym on treadmill.

• Industrial

Thanks for listening.

Check out some other pieces I have and give me feedback. I use SC as a sketch pad.

Comments

• Wild, wacky stuff. I'm waiting for Patterning to go on sale. Something about that one is calling me, even though I'm not much into drum machinery.

• I wish I could do stuff like this on the treadmill at the gym...I have a hard enough time watching Roseanne

• @RUST( i )K said:

Done on iPad with Patterning, ZETA(BEST SYNTH IN IOS AGAIN!), and Beat Hawk

• Pure experimental

• Industrial

Thanks for listening.

Check out some other pieces I have and give me feedback. I use SC as a sketch pad.

Awesome tracks mate...
    BTW, my favorite / most productive sketch place is the treadmill too lol

• @senhorlampada said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Awesome tracks mate...

My favourite is the sofa, opposite ends of the spectrum I guess :D

• Moving to Creations forum

• @AndyPlankton said:

@senhorlampada said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Awesome tracks mate...

My favourite is the sofa, opposite ends of the spectrum I guess :D

I'm with you on the sofa. Not the same sofa, of course.

• edited November 2017

Thanks for sharing! I like the unbridled creativity in Automation—never a dull moment. Had me thinking Krafrwerk at the beginning. Some long delays in there somewhere could be interesting.
    The synth/clank line in Defile is great! Lots of industrial character. I almost had a Skinny Puppy flashback at the bridge! Could be longer, but then you would have had to stay on the treadmill longer...
    You’re doing it brother, keep it up!

• @audiorangutan said:
    Thanks for sharing! I like the unbridled creativity in Automation—never a dull moment. Had me thinking Krafrwerk at the beginning. Some long delays in there somewhere could be interesting.
    The synth/clank line in Defile is great! Lots of industrial character. I almost had a Skinny Puppy flashback at the bridge! Could be longer, but then you would have had to stay on the treadmill longer...

Gracias.

Yeah, I am going to put some real time into these and actually do more than hit record on loopy and trigger the loops I created.......LOL

May have to use an actual DAW and be a grown up.

• You are on the right path—a path I aspire to. Banging out a rough track at the gym or on the go EVERYDAY and amassing a huge pile of ideas, is my goal, and the reason I got into this iOS music racket. I’ve come to see music composition as a numbers game. I expect that once I get this mobile workflow mastered (all apps playing nicely together as advertised), something like 1 out of 7 ideas I bang out might be a keeper and worth taking to the DAW for more work. Becoming quick and prolific is the key (also not falling in love with every noise I make just because I made it).

• @audiorangutan said:
    You are on the right path—a path I aspire to. Banging out a rough track at the gym or on the go EVERYDAY and amassing a huge pile of ideas, is my goal, and the reason I got into this iOS music racket. I’ve come to see music composition as a numbers game. I expect that once I get this mobile workflow mastered (all apps playing nicely together as advertised), something like 1 out of 7 ideas I bang out might be a keeper and worth taking to the DAW for more work. Becoming quick and prolific is the key (also not falling in love with every noise I make just because I made it).

So true!

I flush Loopy every 3 or 4 weeks.

Meaning, I delete everything on it.

Things that are keepers go in a special Audioshare or Dropbox folder with a detailed alpha numeric code system if it is vocal, bass, drum, 1 shot, loop, etc.

I delete my Soundcloud posts every 6 weeks except for 2 I really like.

It is a numbers game.

THAT IS WHY I AM A UNIVERSAL WHORE.

It is about the moment I hear it.

The clicking of the car engine, the vocal hook I think of while listening to a Roger Sanchez podcast or the endless verses I write in my head while walking the dogs.

I have a goal that I have set up to have a spot at a certain festival next year if all goes right.

Is it full proof? Nope.

Has anything in my life went as planned?

Nope.

Is this endeavor the single thing that I can identify as my purpose and only true passion since as long as I could sneak in and play my father's guitar when he went to work? Yep.

I appreciate your post and thoughtfulness. It has helped me think about some things as well.

Peace

• @audiorangutan said:

Love SPuppy btw.

KRFTWERK I liked but was always more a KMFDM and MINISTRY nut as far as industrial type stuff.

• Kraftwerk was/is less groovy than Rust(i)K o:)