Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Update......

I would love to see more than anything the following....

The ability to route my chosen synth/input app to an FX chain and then to its own output channel then multiply this by whatever the CPU can handle.

The output would ideally be assignable to a track in your Daw of choice.

Of course you would be able to save the specific setup and also name the specific input/effect/output for easy setup as I'm not sure it would be able to save the specific patches/presets.....

I can dream :)

Comments

• Whatever happened to audiobus from ios device to ios device via wifi?

My biggest hope is this function. I want to use multiple ios devices' power to use more effects, etc. I am not very concerned with zero jitter, super sub--ms, timing that others seem so obsessed with. Even fairly moderate buffers would be fine, since I would simply want to record and trim afterwards if necessary.

• I ++ @marlow77 wifi thing.
    The route iPhone->PC->iPad->PC to mix in Auria, song done via iPhone apps make the process long and not fun at all.
    It will be nice to press record in Auria and play in IPhone DM1.

• Yes and routing each app to a separate track via wifi in Auria from iPhone would be cool.

• I think Michael & Sebastian are working on this since The begin but there are some latency problem about actual Wifi specially in europe :(

• Any timeframe on update. Days, weeks, months?

• ....any timeframe for 'any' updates? Info please!!! :-)

• I'm remembering how the 1.0 release went: lots of waiting, tiny teasers, not much news, followed by an awesome product release.

Also, remember these guys are just two exceptionally brainy coders. While I imagine they have had enough success to get some PR help, I don't mind them taking the "this is gonna be huge, we better just not say anything till its live in the App Store" approach.

• They are more than just two exceptionally brainy coders. They make great products. I know a lot of smart coders that couldn't do that if they tried. Plus, they're both pretty fetching.

Saying stuff out loud is really just a liability for developers. We know they're working on stuff and we know they work really hard to only ship good shit. We know that every change to Audiobus affects hundreds of other apps and their developers. Just let it be. Audiobus works fine.

Every time @sebastian answers one of these questions guess what he's not doing: implementing new features!

• I wonder if we see the Audiobus update before BM2.....

• Actually Sebastian is the 'exceptionally brainy business / marketing guy' and Michael is the 'exceptionally brainy coder'. Coming from a coding background myself I'm usually wary of business guys but IMO Sebastian is the exception and adds just as much value doing what he does as Michael does writing the actual code.

• @rhism, sorry if it was offensive but I decided to leave my ...unpolished "just two coders" comment because it is clear to me they are so much more than that. Interesting to hear a little better explanation of their roles in what they do, which I love. And I'll take 2.0 whenever they decide its ready.

Personally I'm with @syrupcore, let it be, let them work, tell them we love 'em, try to be patient for the upcoming goodies :-)

• Not offensive at all (at least not to me), but it's something I like to clarify because:

1) At the end of the day Michael's doing all the code, which is doubly-impressive (1 coder, not 2)

2) Sebastian's role in this whole thing is pretty interesting and fairly unique, so it deserves to be called out as such.

• I think Sebastian's code are good too. I like very much Sebastian's App.

• @Sinapsya Yes SoundPrism is pretty fantastic. To clarify, my understanding is that Sebastian did not write the code for that himself but hired developers to build it, specifying the design of the app to them.

• I am one of the co-counders of Audanika which is the company behind SoundPrism. But I don't write code, at least not C++/Objective-C.

• edited October 2013

So Sebastian provides the 'Vision' ?

• @DaveMagoo I don't know Sebastian's specific role in Audanika, but suffice it to say that there is a lot of non-coding work that goes into creating an app like SoundPrism, beyond just the initial 'vision'. I've spent many years as a coder as well as many years as a product manager, and the latter was the far-more-stressful job of the two :)