Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Apple Home Pod speaker

Can the new Apple Home pod speaker actually tune a room? It’s advertising hype hints at it.

Comments

• It's not one of these weird new speakers that talks to you, and reads your mind is it?

• edited November 2017

@Telstar5 said:
    Can the new Apple Home pod speaker actually tune a room? It’s advertising hype hints at it.

Normally I would shrug the marketing lingo off as just that, but in this case I'm genuinely curious. I've heard hi-fi room designers discuss the technology inside the homepod and apparently it's something really special. The tuning technology is supposedly not unlike some bespoke Dolby cinema system (I forgot the name) that costs upward of several 100k and only exists in a handful of locations in the world. If Apple open up such a thing to the masses they are onto something.

Let's wait and see what the reviews say when this launches.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It's not one of these weird new speakers that talks to you, and reads your mind is it?

And then sends you stuff you would never order in your lifetime! Lol

• @MonzoPro said:
    It's not one of these weird new speakers that talks to you, and reads your mind is it?

Not to worry..the AI built in has a very agreeable personality, Apple guarantees it on page 293 of the agreement

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agreed... pass

• edited February 2018
  • Got one for my bedroom, so far so good. It can hear commands very well while music playing. Have it right next to Alexa dot. I’ll probably add Google Home to the family as well

• edited February 2018
  • I had an Amazon Fire TV for a brief while, alongside a Google Nexus TV. The Amazon thing is just an unashamed shop front for Amazon. I’d often ask the Amazon Fire TV what is the weather like outside. Every time it failed because it couldn’t find any product that corresponded with that. That was a few years ago, no doubt they’ve improved it – there are no doubt products since then that it’d willingly attempt to sell in response to that.

My Apple TV 4 is purely used on Youtube, which is a bit of a waste. When I first got it I imagined it would be some form of ‘home server’ for media and content – why else would it need 64GB of flash? I’d probably be better off with just a RPi.

• edited February 2018

Could be able to do what they say. I’m guessing yes, due to other forthcoming developments, the one below being real and revolutionary.

New tech in the works from Creative at CES. Full article in Tech Advisor magazine. Those in places where it is not published could get it via a Readly account.

Looking forward to this -

• edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018

@Max23 said:
    I find all those listening stations creepy ...
    I have a litte trust in apple, they don't make $ with data, they make cash with hardware.
    I have zero trust in google,
    and below zero trust in amazon.
    who knows what they do with all that collected data and who they sell it too ...
    if you use really use that stuff they know everything, when you get up, when you go to work and where, when you are not at home, when you go to sleep at night. brrrr much to creepy for my taste. Its to much Georg Orwell meets Kafka. 1984 meets the trail. brrr

Sorry, if you have a cellphone or even landline in your home you’ve been compromised for years.

Two incidents in 2006 when I called someone on regular cellphone I heard them speaking for about 4 seconds before they answered the phone. Similar incidents were briefly on the news when I googled it. Then the whole thing went away.

Your phone company knows more about you (via triangulation and other methods) than you might expect.

• edited February 2018
  • Homepod. This is the very last thing i would buy. I don't believe the "great" future of the internet of shit/things. I don't want a device which is listening to me all the time and transferring data.

Oh, and this "AI" Alexa thing: It tries its very best to:

a) give you some "consumer advice" (that is: Amazon)
    b) to control and manipulate your attention
    c) to generate as much data about you as possible - and use/sell this in maximum intransparent ways

No, thanks. Neverever.

• I’m really happy apple are getting further into audio. Can’t wait to see where this leads.

• edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@realdavidai said:

@Max23 said:
    I find all those listening stations creepy ...
    I have a litte trust in apple, they don't make $ with data, they make cash with hardware.
    I have zero trust in google,
    and below zero trust in amazon.
    who knows what they do with all that collected data and who they sell it too ...
    if you use really use that stuff they know everything, when you get up, when you go to work and where, when you are not at home, when you go to sleep at night. brrrr much to creepy for my taste. Its to much Georg Orwell meets Kafka. 1984 meets the trail. brrr

Sorry, if you have a cellphone or even landline in your home you’ve been compromised for years.

Two incidents in 2006 when I called someone on regular cellphone I heard them speaking for about 4 seconds before they answered the phone. Similar incidents were briefly on the news when I googled it. Then the whole thing went away.

Your phone company knows more about you (via triangulation and other methods) than you might expect.

yes, no reason to give more firms with unclear intentions my data for no reason.
    the mobile phone has a clear use case, the other stuff is stuff you don't need. its just creepy. its just an invasion on my private affairs.
    most of that stuff is so silly, play a song turn the lights on turn the lights off, how is the weather outside, beep in 10 min, set the alarm to 6 am tomorrow blah blah, I don't see a reason why this can't be handled on a computer inside my house/pocket and has to happen on a network that spys on me. but instead of coming up with a little chip for speech recognition (They have little interest in doing that) they come up with a little chip for augmented reality, ,because thats the future ;)
    its not that they are doing rocket sience here. ;)

I suppose it’s not about the obvious out in the in open technologies. It’s the behind the scenes wheeling and dealing of data that goes on under the radar. Like maybe a social media network surreptitiously buying access to your phone carrier data including location.

• I sprung the 30 for a pair of AirPods cause I needed some cheap earbuds for being mobile around the house/walking/running. I was satisfied enough with them, but within a month the left channel just crapped out with no warning (well, it kinda warned; for a couple hours before it died, I kept thinking the l-r balance was off or I was losing my hearing).

I’ll wait a few more years and see how theyre doing on the audio side.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I sprung the 30 for a pair of AirPods cause I needed some cheap earbuds for being mobile around the house/walking/running. I was satisfied enough with them, but within a month the left channel just crapped out with no warning (well, it kinda warned; for a couple hours before it died, I kept thinking the l-r balance was off or I was losing my hearing).

30? AirPods cost 169. Are you sure they were authentic? Or are you referering to EarPods?

• @realdavidai said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I sprung the 30 for a pair of AirPods cause I needed some cheap earbuds for being mobile around the house/walking/running. I was satisfied enough with them, but within a month the left channel just crapped out with no warning (well, it kinda warned; for a couple hours before it died, I kept thinking the l-r balance was off or I was losing my hearing).

30? AirPods cost 169. Are you sure they were authentic? Or are you referering to EarPods?

Same puzzlement here. Madam bought me Airpods for Christmas and (despite myself) I have grown to love them.

• edited February 2018

My fault, I meant the 30-dollar ones, not the Airpods. EarPods I suppose they are/were. They have a cord.

• The early reviews tend to be extremely positive on the audio-quality and less than optimistic on the smart-functionality ...It's no Amazon Echo or similar device, in that Siri is limited on commands compared to the competition. What it wins hands down on is audio quality -- One youtube reviewer said it sounded like speakers that cost 4 digits or more...

edit:
    Here's one of the youtube reviews I was thinking of ... If you have good headphones on, you'll be able to hear how full and deep it sounds compared to all the other smart speakers he plays back to back

• edited February 2018

@Looping_Loddar said:
    Homepod. This is the very last thing i would buy. I don't believe the "great" future of the internet of shit/things. I don't want a device which is listening to me all the time and transferring data.

c) to generate as much data about you as possible - and use/sell this in maximum intransparent ways

No, thanks. Neverever.

As far as listening to you all the time ., it's really no different than having "hey siri" as an activation command for SIRI on iPhone or iPad .. Thankfully Apple doesn't sell your data. Google does for sure though.

• edited February 2018

@Looping_Loddar said:
    Homepod. This is the very last thing i would buy. I don't believe the "great" future of the internet of shit/things. I don't want a device which is listening to me all the time and transferring data.

No, thanks. Neverever.

>

Agreed. I would never allow one of these listening stations into my home. At the moment, it’s about data gathering for commercial purposes. In the not too distant, such things will be about monitoring the population for seditious thoughts!

Incidentally, in the UK there is a relentless and deceptive push to foist ‘smart’ metres onto the public, which sit in our houses and display what power we are using, gas and electricity. What this actually does, of course, save the companies employing someone to read the old metres. It also allows access to hackers onto home networks.

No thanks.