Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• It is weird how ‘the good old days’ are measurable in months now.

• As long as they keep the headphone jack I'm cool with it for now although I do NOT believe FaceID is the future.

I would not be surprised at all if they start to require 'ID Implants' to securely use the devices in say, the next 10 years or so...

• edited November 2017

I can see a day coming when I stop buying Apple products.

• I tried the new iPhone X and damn i missed the home button in a second. Maybe i would get used to it but they remove things to replaced with not so good workarounds.

• edited November 2017

If the put 3D touch 2.0 into future iPads i would forgive them :)
    And i want an OLED display....just felt in love on a big TV with it :D

• @MonzoPro said:

I already see the day when people have become so dependent on technology that they can't do sh*t without it :)
    (That's why I keep my basic survival skills updated in case the technology fails, it's not a matter of _if_ it fails but _when_ it fails).

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I already see the day when people have become so dependent on technology that they can't do sh*t without it :)
    (That's why I keep my basic survival skills updated in case the technology fails, it's not a matter of _if_ it fails but _when_ it fails).

+100

• Welp, glad I went ahead and got a 10.5 then. I need that button

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

So true. In some years no one will play an instrument or keyboard or have to know anything about music theory.
    Just hit a random button and everything get generated by an A.I. which reads your mood and know what you like.
    A chip will include chemical reaction in your brain and everything sounds amazing....or so.
    But maybe it will also innovate in a kind of new genre like virtual musicians which plays such apps like other real instruments when touch screen can morph their surface in any thing we want with real tactile feedback or at least with a trick to perfectly imitate it.
    But music is for me a bit behind and even makes steps back of what we see in video.
    4K OLED 75" and larger screen with whatever tech is the latest and greatest and in cinemas they put everything into it what we can imagine but the crowd still mainly listening to streamed compressed crap.
    It´s like hearing music in 2D rather than 3D.
    The future looks dumb and sounds dull :o

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

(Takes long drag... ). But like, the singularity dude...

• so what about the firmware updates that just keep-a-rollin'? the button wont be supported i suppose

• @Samu
    have watched a Norwegian tv series called Valkyrien ? if watch the box you might like it> @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

• edited November 2017

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I was getting more into digital painting as a hobby - to go along with digital music, social networking and all the other online malarkey - on top of working 9 - 5 on a PC, when I though STOP! So I resisted the temptation to spend more hard earned cash on an iPad Pro with an iPencil, with the excuse of using it for artwork, and dug all my old paints out instead.

For the last 12 months I’ve been trudging up hills with my art kit, chucking paint about like it’s going out of fashion and enjoying every second of it.

All of my hobbies seemed to be gravitating towards a CPU, as well as work, so it’s been a joy to escape - at least for a few hours. And then there’s the contact with other humans, setting up exhibitions, dropping stuff off to galleries. Escape from the desk.

• Sounds good to me. I missed the home button on my iphone x for no more than a day. The increased screen estate is worth it

• edited November 2017

@jn2002dk said:
    Sounds good to me. I missed the home button on my iphone x for no more than a day. The increased screen estate is worth it

Or with an iPad, you could just make the device one centimetre longer?

• @MonzoPro said:

@jn2002dk said:
    Sounds good to me. I missed the home button on my iphone x for no more than a day. The increased screen estate is worth it

These amps go to 11.

• edited November 2017

I can live with this change.

Obviously I felt the basic human ‘knee jerk’ emotion that Apple is so good at stimulating these days. Then I thought about it — all my performance iPads have auto lock set to never and remain powered with the screen on for the full duration of the session.

Can’t see how this change affects my use case at all, besides giving me nicer looking devices with more usable screen.

• @MonzoPro said:

@jn2002dk said:

Where’s the courage in that?

• I was hoping for an iPad pro oled screen with the home button . Face recognition? They already have enough digital data info on most of us. What’s next ...a dna check to see if we are compatible. Dark people in the tower want us chipped .Just want to make music not hand over biological data to strangers :o

• @MonzoPro said:

Because they'll be free for everyone proving that he's making music.
    B)

• The thing about this is: it makes no sense. A phone is a personal device so faceID is defendable.

But in most households the iPad is a device shared by the entire family. It sits on the couch and is picked up by anyone who needs to look up the name of that actor on IMDB. It ridiculous to have to train it with every family member...

• @Cib said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

So true. In some years no one will play an instrument or keyboard or have to know anything about music theory.
    Just hit a random button and everything get generated by an A.I. which reads your mood and know what you like.
    A chip will include chemical reaction in your brain and everything sounds amazing....or so.
    But maybe it will also innovate in a kind of new genre like virtual musicians which plays such apps like other real instruments when touch screen can morph their surface in any thing we want with real tactile feedback or at least with a trick to perfectly imitate it.
    But music is for me a bit behind and even makes steps back of what we see in video.
    4K OLED 75" and larger screen with whatever tech is the latest and greatest and in cinemas they put everything into it what we can imagine but the crowd still mainly listening to streamed compressed crap.

I would think Netflix, Youtube and the others are the video equivalent of compressed crap audio though. Wouldn't you need to watch stuff from disc or whatever to fully take advantage of the screen technology?

• Announcements like these make me just wanna buy more hardware and quit faffing about with iOS

• edited November 2017

@Cib said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Not too far from today, the amount of data will play a smaller role, so that we'll all steam 24 bit uncompressed.

• @CracklePot said:

@Cib said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I would think Netflix, Youtube and the others are the video equivalent of compressed crap audio though. Wouldn't you need to watch stuff from disc or whatever to fully take advantage of the screen technology?

Not always. Netflix already has some 4K streaming. 4K videos on you-tube as well. It´s still early but damn, once you see such things there is no way back. That was my fault into the plug-in world. Some tools are just too good.
    But as with everything you also need the right tools to enjoy this quality and this costs a bunch.
    It´s all G.A.S. but i´m addicted and a very audio/visual human :)
    As long as i can afford some of these things i will enjoy it. I know it will be over rather sooner than later.

• @brambos said:
    The thing about this is: it makes no sense. A phone is a personal device so faceID is defendable.

But in most households the iPad is a device shared by the entire family. It sits on the couch and is picked up by anyone who needs to look up the name of that actor on IMDB. It ridiculous to have to train it with every family member...

Apples vision is apparently that every single human being has their own personal 'iDevice(s)' with no sharing == 100% security or something like that :D

• How many faces can be activated on 1 device for face ID?

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:
    The thing about this is: it makes no sense. A phone is a personal device so faceID is defendable.

Apples vision is apparently that every single human being has their own personal 'iDevice(s)' with no sharing == 100% security or something like that :D

The kids might be more happy about this.

• @teleb said:
    How many faces can be activated on 1 device for face ID?

Currently 1 face per device...

• @Cib said:

@CracklePot said:

@Cib said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Not always. Netflix already has some 4K streaming. 4K videos on you-tube as well. It´s still early but damn, once you see such things there is no way back. That was my fault into the plug-in world. Some tools are just too good.
    But as with everything you also need the right tools to enjoy this quality and this costs a bunch.
    It´s all G.A.S. but i´m addicted and a very audio/visual human :)
    As long as i can afford some of these things i will enjoy it. I know it will be over rather sooner than later.

There is that bit of new information I was overlooking...4K. Din't consider the impact of that, was still thinking just about how everything is compressed these days. I could imagine the newest video games looking insane on some of the newest screens as well.