Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lo- Fly- Dirt Plug-in for iOS by MSXII Sound Design.

Comments

• @msimp Loving Lo-Fly Dirt! Any chance you could make it so you can tap directly on the mode you want to switch to instead of always having to toggle through the modes to get to the one you want?

• @msimp said:

@realdavidai said:

@msimp said:

@oat_phipps said:
    The 1200 sounds real good

Yea this maybe my favorite mode after default!

Purchased..excellent to add Character to GB built in sounds.
    Would be nice to have dark background option though for the empty space?

Thanks man, that's definitely the intent! We went with the white backspace simply because alot of the modes are in darker colors.

Problem with the white is when the app is open in AUM for instance you can’t see anything else. It even makes the modes difficult to see. Too much contrast. Please consider toning it down. Thanks! Otherwise a very nice app.

• Actual warble would be a (to many of us The) next level for Lo-fly Dirt: the thing that separates it from other means of coloring and further serves the niche movement which the namesake of this app is (I'm guessing largely) based upon.

Regardless - excellent work @msimp

• @anickt said:

@msimp said:

@realdavidai said:

@msimp said:

@oat_phipps said:
    The 1200 sounds real good

Yea this maybe my favorite mode after default!

Purchased..excellent to add Character to GB built in sounds.
    Would be nice to have dark background option though for the empty space?

Thanks man, that's definitely the intent! We went with the white backspace simply because alot of the modes are in darker colors.

Problem with the white is when the app is open in AUM for instance you can’t see anything else. It even makes the modes difficult to see. Too much contrast. Please consider toning it down. Thanks! Otherwise a very nice app.

Agreed.

• @Iostress said:

@pink_sky said:

@Iostress said:

@Proppa said:
    Lo-fly Dirt updated January 10, 2018 with sp404 Vinyl Simulation texture. <3

Does it have the warble param blended in to this one? Or just the comp? Anyone A/B'd it against a 404?

Doesn't have a warble effect that I can hear, unless it's really subtle. Seems to be mostly the compression/vinyl noise.

Happy to have the addition to Lo-Fly as it's already a great app, but we're still lacking a proper 303/404 vinyl sim effect on iOS. Something with separate controls for vinyl noise, compression, and warble (I like to get real warbley.) I can get close by stacking a few AUs, but every time I try to replicate it, I end up just regretting selling my old 303 :(

An exact 404 vinyl sim replica with the 3 params would be dope! I'd probably buy an old iPhone and small interface and rig it for permanent chain duties ;) Free up the fx slot on my 404 for first time in forever!

Taking it further, Roland should sell the entire 404 fx suite as a multi-fx AU ;) I'd pay ££'s for that..

Hell yeah. I wish Roland would pay closer attention to the iOS market... instead we get Sound Canvas.

I guess I'm happier to give my money to a smaller developer anyway. First one to drop a decent vinyl sim AU has a loyal customer in me.

• Disappointed that the 404 got hijacked for some poor-sounding vinyl noise. Wish I hadn’t updated. The crackling is way too fast and I miss the low pass filter effect of turning the previous one up.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Disappointed that the 404 got hijacked for some poor-sounding vinyl noise. Wish I hadn’t updated. The crackling is way too fast and I miss the low pass filter effect of turning the previous one up.

Sounds like a fail for my use :( Not really interested in any 404 sim without the warble (prob my favourite thing about it...) and I mostly like to switch the 404 crackles off. Seems like a company to keep an eye on though. They're at least looking at replicating the right boxes/fx. Hopefully they nail it in with more params on their next plugin :)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Disappointed that the 404 got hijacked for some poor-sounding vinyl noise. Wish I hadn’t updated. The crackling is way too fast and I miss the low pass filter effect of turning the previous one up.

+1

• @msimp are you still with us here? We got some thoughts.

• Is this a joke ? Just sounds like some generic aliasing

• Has anyone A/B'd this plugin against a 404? How accurate is the modelling?

• I like it. Enough to make you use it, not too much to make you run.

• Lo Fi Dirt on sale from 1st April, hopefully not April Fool !

As new app coming from MSXII.

• Fly Tape is on sale too plus they said they have “apps” coming this month...

• edited April 2019

@CRAKROX quick question. Lo Fly Tape - do you have to hold buttons to keep the effect then it bypasses upon release? i.e no effects Hold function?

• The sales on these plugs is rare. If anyone was going for it, now is the time.

• Their two plugins are bottom of the barrel for me. I feel like I wasted the few bucks I spent on em

• @Proppa cheers for the video. Personally not too impressed with the sound. For me Master Record although its IAA is unbeatable. The flutter beats any other plugin Ive tried. Fingers Crossed it goes AU.

• @stormbeats said:
    @Proppa cheers for the video. Personally not too impressed with the sound. For me Master Record although its IAA is unbeatable. The flutter beats any other plugin Ive tried. Fingers Crossed it goes AU.

For tape loop stuff... also check out RE-1's wow and flutter :)

I thought about getting this Fly Tape too.. but I think I'm pretty well covered with RE-1 for now.

• @skiphunt i tried the RE-1 it was ok but Master Record dev really studied the sound, I think I read somewhere it took him around 2years to make.

• edited April 2019

@stormbeats said:
    @skiphunt i tried the RE-1 it was ok but Master Record dev really studied the sound, I think I read somewhere it took him around 2years to make.

Master record is amazing, i love the 3 different pitches you can select with the flutter. It as an AU would of course be bonkers

• @stormbeats said:
    @Proppa cheers for the video. Personally not too impressed with the sound. For me Master Record although its IAA is unbeatable. The flutter beats any other plugin Ive tried. Fingers Crossed it goes AU.

Count mine as another vote for Master Record.

• And as to the title of this thread, as a dude mostly making lofi hip hop stuff, I’m all about the Lo-Fly dirt on my drums. The default setting is best, although sometimes I like the 1200 setting on my master.

• @stormbeats said:
    @skiphunt i tried the RE-1 it was ok but Master Record dev really studied the sound, I think I read somewhere it took him around 2years to make.

Oh yes, I love Master Record. I've got ALL of Igor's apps. Master Record as an AU would be splendid. Rumor has it he's got something new coming soon.

I use RE-1 as a tape looper and I like it's multi-head echo effects... and now I use it along with Enso too. Great combo IMO. But, I mentioned RE-1 specifically for the wow/flutter dials it has. Master Record is great for that too, but too subtle if you're going for that wobbly BOC sound.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    And as to the title of this thread, as a dude mostly making lofi hip hop stuff, I’m all about the Lo-Fly dirt on my drums. The default setting is best, although sometimes I like the 1200 setting on my master.

I've got Lo-Fly dirt, but hadn't used it as much as I thought I would. I was throwing it at a bunch of stuff that I don't think it was really intended for. But, I messed with it again today on just drum stuff and it really shined for me. Now I'm wondering about the Fly Tape again. I think what I wanted in a tape emulation sound, with the wobbly, saturated, wow/flutter, etc. is pretty much covered by RE-1 for me. But, I'm curious if there's something that Fly Tape does that it does better than the other options like DAW Cassette and RE-1?

• Fly Tape is high dsp but is a good glitch plug. The tape stuff is secondary IMO (just warble and hiss.) It has a few glitch effects and tape stop. One of the few "gross beat" substitutes on iOS (though gross beat is next level.) I can't recommend it because it runs like crap on my mini2 (need to upgrade) but assuming it runs well on newer devices id say it's worth the sale price.

Don't buy it for tape saturation/warmth/compression but the warble is decent.

• @skiphunt said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    And as to the title of this thread, as a dude mostly making lofi hip hop stuff, I’m all about the Lo-Fly dirt on my drums. The default setting is best, although sometimes I like the 1200 setting on my master.

I've got Lo-Fly dirt, but hadn't used it as much as I thought I would. I was throwing it at a bunch of stuff that I don't think it was really intended for. But, I messed with it again today on just drum stuff and it really shined for me. Now I'm wondering about the Fly Tape again. I think what I wanted in a tape emulation sound, with the wobbly, saturated, wow/flutter, etc. is pretty much covered by RE-1 for me. But, I'm curious if there's something that Fly Tape does that it does better than the other options like DAW Cassette and RE-1?

Flytapes Halftime is solid, ive got all the other fx covered in other places but I do love doubling my tracks bpm and then throwing the halftime on the master yummm instant lofi dreaminess

• Went ahead and bought Fly Tape on sale and I'm glad I did! I don't get that other user's "bottom of the barrel" comment at all. To each their own though.

It's cool to have tactile control of the source and I like the lofi and half speed buttons too.

I was wanting to be able to latch them like others have requested, but I discovered that I can just latch them with LFO settings when using it in apeMatrix.

It's cool to use on drones too. Will get plenty of use out of it along with RE-1 and Enso. Glad I bought it, and thanks for the user feedback on what it's actually got going for it. :)

• @skiphunt drones? You mean the noise clicking with reverb?

I like it, it’s not cool that you cannot latch the buttons on the tape thing. But the dirt app is quite cool

Has anyone any insights into the new apps they are about to release?