Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need general advice on transf. audio (iPhone mic recordings) to usb stick

Not really an Audiobus question, but I'm pretty confident someone here will know a solution .

So, my sister is starting a business and recording conversations with her iPhone, needing to transfer those to standard usb sticks for distribution.

They don't have a PC yet (soon'ish) so need to go straight to usb from the iPhone.

I've bought a Chinese cheap lightning to multi-reader in the past which I might try but I think it's unlikely.

An anyone recommend a cheap, effective way to do this.? Presumably we can get a good free audio recording (iPhone mic) app (if there isn't one in ios11 already). And with the new Files app in ios11 maybe it can be easier than I'm thinking...? (I'm on ios9 on my iPad so can't really test)

Any tips welcome. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Might be easier to distribute using a online server or cloud storage method. As far as I know, iDevices do not play well with audio files and external storage devices. I may be wrong (and I hope I am because I want to do similar things as you), so I suggest waiting a bit for someone to (hopefully) correct me.

• I'm reasonably sure it's not the best solution, but what I do is hook the USB stick up to my little HooToo Wireless Travel Router, then use the app that comes with it, or other files apps I have to transfer files to it from AudioShare. This was just the first solution I came across, and one that interested me for other reasons. I haven't checked lately if there are better ways to go about it.

HooToo also sells a battery powered unit that works well too. Rav Power is another supplier of similar wireless travel routers.

The main problem to overcome is when you plug directly into the iPad, all it will let you transfer is photos and videos without another app in the middle. Sandisk makes some products that can plug directly in and then make use of the app that they provide.