Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FoldR by Living Memory Software - the LayR team has a new app coming soon!

Comments

• Don't know when it's out, but if it sounds as rich as LayR, I'm all over it. I'm still a bit daunted by LayR's learning curve, but you can't argue with the sound. One of the top 5 best sounding synths on iOS for me... can't wait to see what this is all about.

• I'm all over it.

• @dvlmusic said:
    Don't know when it's out, but if it sounds as rich as LayR, I'm all over it. I'm still a bit daunted by LayR's learning curve, but you can't argue with the sound. One of the top 5 best sounding synths on iOS for me... can't wait to see what this is all about.

Me too!

• AU so count me interested :)

• I love that we are living in an AU world :) . Today, BS-16i... tomorrow, FoldR... in some months, Animoog? :p

• And don't forget Odessa from @brambos - I'm checking the forum daily to make sure I don't miss the release of that one.

My wallet is dreading Black Friday this year.....

• @dvlmusic said:
    And don't forget Odessa from @brambos - I'm checking the forum daily to make sure I don't miss the release of that one.

My wallet is dreading Black Friday this year.....

Odessa changes the face of AUM in my opinion. Hope BM3 adapts the ability soon.

• @Fruitbat1919 For sure - one of my biggest pet peeves is firing up an AU version of Ruismaker FM just to be reminded that I don't have access to the sequencer that way.

AARGH.

Yeah, Odessa will complete the trifecta of Quantum/Xequencer/Odessa that my life has been missing.

• Looks beautiful, is made by the LayR team and isn't yet-another-subtractive-synth. I probably will not be able to resist.

• @syrupcore said:
    Looks beautiful, is made by the LayR team and isn't yet-another-subtractive-synth. I probably will not be able to resist.

:)

• edited November 2017

I love wavefolders (the one in Repro-1 is the best distortion FX i ever heard yet).
    There aren´t any good wavefolders for iOS.....so it might be about time (but i liked the one in NanoStudio and happy that NS2 will offer an extended version with customizable oversampling which is important if you want to go crazy without a hell of noise).
    The GUI looks very good. I like.

• I have been having a lot of fun with the beta. I think you guys will enjoy folding up your sonics. It’s really neat on rhythmic material followed by a tape delay or something like Replicant. But it also can do interesting things on a more subtle level. The toy store is operating at the height of its power!

• Looks like I've been out of touch with LayR for a bit - they implemented a wave folder into it last month sometime:

Sounds similar to Pulse Width Modulation but not exactly.

Man - I need to spend some serious time with LayR.

• @dvlmusic said:
    Looks like I've been out of touch with LayR for a bit - they implemented a wave folder into it last month sometime:

Sounds similar to Pulse Width Modulation but not exactly.

Man - I need to spend some serious time with LayR.

INEXCUSABLE! >:) ;)

Yeah that Wavefolder in LayR does some magic between the filters. Can completely change the entire sound of LayR’s timbres

• @kobamoto said:

@syrupcore said:
    Looks beautiful, is made by the LayR team and isn't yet-another-subtractive-synth. I probably will not be able to resist.

Ah, I mistakenly assumed this was a synth that used wave-folding as the primary oscillation source. More coffee for me.

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

@syrupcore said:

Ah, I mistakenly assumed this was a synth that used wave-folding as the primary oscillation source. More coffee for me.

I think I'll have a cup myself, had to smile when you said "yet-another" as I often feel the same

• edited November 2017

@syrupcore I'll join you - thought the same thing when I posted originally.

Now I have been edu-ma-cated.

• These kind of effects tick some boxes for me!

Now imagine being able to use pitched samples as sources for Fold, Symmetry and Shape...
    We'd be talking some power-house sample mangling synthesis ultra deluxe :D

• I’m confused. Is it an add on to LayR?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I’m confused. Is it an add on to LayR?

It appears to be an effect that can treat any sound source.

• i have a eurorack wavefolder that gets a lot of use so I will gladly pick this up if the price is right.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    This looks great! Some more 'West Coast' flavor in iOS. Tempo-synced modulation is great too, the wonders of digital.

The wavefolder looks to have all of the typical options, but I wonder if the waveshaper has multiple wave options, for doing things like rounding out a Square wave, removing harmonics.

A filter?

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is such a great idea for an app! Now we need something in the vein of Intellijel's Rainmaker or 4ms' SMR and my eurorack effect dreams will be fulfilled.

• I discovered one of these in a modular Reaktor synth I was mucking about with this afternoon. No idea how it works, but it’s a neat effect.

• It’s out!

FoldR - Wave Folder Audio Unit by Living Memory Software
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foldr-wave-folder-audio-unit/id1289484131?mt=8

• Ooh, that could be my Friday night treat.