Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

is there an app that can do this kind of sequencing?

MOOR:

I particularly like that it can playback the sequence exponentially or on a curve instead of linearly. Not to mention all the probability controls.

Comments

• different drummer

• Very cool! I’m going to look into that one.
    The only app I have experience with that can do similar stuff (not sure about playing back the sequence exponentially) is Different Drummer. It’s an eight track sequencer with internal sounds and MIDI out with a huge array of ways to manipulate the sequences. A bit of a learning curve because it’s pretty unconventional, but fairly intuitive once you learn it. But be warned Ableton Link is not functioning in the app at the moment (4.6.1.), I assume a fix is coming soon because they are aware of the problem. It’s definitely worth a look though.

• @audiorangutan said:
    Very cool! I’m going to look into that one.
    The only app I have experience with that can do similar stuff (not sure about playing back the sequence exponentially) is Different Drummer. It’s an eight track sequencer with internal sounds and MIDI out with a huge array of ways to manipulate the sequences. A bit of a learning curve because it’s pretty unconventional, but fairly intuitive once you learn it. But be warned Ableton Link is not functioning in the app at the moment (4.6.1.), I assume a fix is coming soon because they are aware of the problem. It’s definitely worth a look though.

Thanks! I didn't remember that I actually have different drummer. Never took to it but will try again!