OT Clip Studio Paint has launched on iOS

2»

Comments

• Yeah, Paintstorm is good...but from a comic artists workflow standpoint...it doesn't compare.

• @echoopera said:
    Yeah, Paintstorm is good...but from a comic artists workflow standpoint...it doesn't compare.

Agree. That's the thing really, there are a lot of good drawing apps but even on desktop Clip Studio is king. There is no substitute

• @jn2002dk said:

@echoopera said:
    Yeah, Paintstorm is good...but from a comic artists workflow standpoint...it doesn't compare.

Agree. That's the thing really, there are a lot of good drawing apps but even on desktop Clip Studio is king. There is no substitute

@jn2002dk @echoopera Can someone of you guys give me a videolink that covers the strength of Clip Studio?

• edited November 2017

@ErrkaPetti said:

@jn2002dk said:

@echoopera said:

@jn2002dk @echoopera Can someone of you guys give me a videolink that covers the strength of Clip Studio?

I've been using it for years so i haven't kept up with videos on it. I'm sure there are plenty of of them around though

The standout features for me are

• a best in class brush engine with deeper customization than Photoshop
    • vector capabilities including the unique vector eraser which makes inking a breeze
    • bucket fill tool which can calculate which area to fill from all existing layers, not just the active one. It can also close gaps
    • reference layer which allows you to, for instance, color pick from the reference layer while working on a different layer without switching
    • very flexible rulers including great perspective ruler. You can even draw your own rulers
    • best in class stroke stabilization
    • 3D model and scene import
    • built in 3D dolls which can be posed, rotated, moved etc.

That's just mine though. If you're doing comics it has a huge amount of comic specific features that helps a lot with frames, bubbles, lettering, half tone layer, comic effects

Also, be aware that it goes by 2 different names. Clip Studio Paint and Manga Studio. So any video or article about Manga Studio is also for Clip Studio

• Clever looking thing this.