Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Senode – Graphical Step Sequencer

Comments

• that would be one of the quietest videos ever made ! :D

• what are the 2 squares made up of little dots in the upper right corner?

• would be great to add probability to the note and chord nodes!

• @gkillmaster said:
    what are the 2 squares made up of little dots in the upper right corner?

The left one turns on snap mode for moving stuff around, or organizing your node layout. The right one is a lasso mode for selecting stuff in your layout.

• @CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

The left one turns on snap mode for moving stuff around, or organizing your node layout. The right one is a lasso mode for selecting stuff in your layout.

thank you!

• @gkillmaster said:

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

thank you!

Anytime. :)

• @Mayo said:
    @sebastianarnold - could we PLEASE have the option of setting different midi channel outs for each emitter?
    And a way to inject midi notes / chords via midi would be absolutely great .
    transpose via midi note on a keyboard would be awesome too - great for interaction.
    We also really need a how to video asap.
    killer app !

I’m sending separate midi outs from each emitter? You can send any of them to 1 of the 16 channels. I’m also able to inject midi notes from a keyboard or an app.

• @DCJ - sorry for the confusion, such little info on this, you made my day !

• @Mayo said:
    @DCJ - sorry for the confusion, such little info on this, you made my day !

No prob. I was definitely on the fence, but am super happy that I took the plunge. Loving this app!

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera I am briefly away (Chicago) and can hardly make sense of anything and certainly not what this app would actually be like under my hands, but your piece upthread is sufficiently lovely that I am going to buy the thing as payment. Really very good and useful for bringing peace to the end of a chaotic evening amongst the Big Shoulders. Thank you.

Thanks man. I am glad my little noodlings could help to soothe your spirit at the end of the day. There’s definitely much to love in this app.

If you ask me is it essential...i dunno. To me it’s just one of those tools which is fun to use because you’ll end up doing some fun and funky stuff while experimenting in the sonic dimension...and not being traditionally trained, i explore by testing, noodling, jamming and feeling my way through what feels right.

Fwiw, i picked it up as a sign of support for the dev. This is one of those cool tools like Quantum before it and soon to be Odessa after it.

Ahem...and yes i am trying to rationalize my appholicisim. <3 :#

• Loving the noodling / chance possibilities of this app! I've recorded some sequences into Ableton Live and the notes don't relate to those within Senode — Ab becomes G# etc. @sebastianarnold / anyone — know why that would be the case? I'm not transposing or doing any MIDI manipulation in Live...

• @Artefact2001 a flat is the same note as g sharp

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Ab becomes G# etc.

ROFLMAO

• Senode is brilliant for driving Gadget on multi-channels :)

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Loving the noodling / chance possibilities of this app! I've recorded some sequences into Ableton Live and the notes don't relate to those within Senode — Ab becomes G# etc. @sebastianarnold / anyone — know why that would be the case? I'm not transposing or doing any MIDI manipulation in Live...

I take it you're new to making music ? They're the same notes as @Trueyorky stated.
    Don't be embarrassed though. I used to not know this myself lol.

• If you know everything you’ve not learned anything.

• so most of that now makes sense — but why am I getting an F on the 3rd note when that should be Db (or C#!)?

• @Artefact2001 said:
    so most of that now makes sense — but why am I getting an F on the 3rd note when that should be Db (or C#!)?

Just tested the very same notes and it was just fine. Did you do any further tests?

• So does this app have the ability to be triggered from the live drums? Anyone tried it?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So does this app have the ability to be triggered from the live drums? Anyone tried it?

@sebastianarnold

Owner of a Roland V-Drum, I would love to know too if this live interaction is possible within the app- as shown in a previous video ?
    If not, will the update for this be available any soon ?

Cheers!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So does this app have the ability to be triggered from the live drums? Anyone tried it?

Based on the video, yes. Still waiting on the how, though.

Anyone see a manual anywhere?

• @Artefact2001 a flat is the same note as g sharp

Mind blown.

• @asnor said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Based on the video, yes. Still waiting on the how, though.

Anyone see a manual anywhere?

In app help...

Graph Editor Help

Edit Modes

Moving Nodes

Select the move tool
    Drag nodes with your fingers
    Double tap and drag the canvas to lasso-select multiple nodes
    Adding Emitters

Select the emitter tool
    Tap the canvas to create a new emitter
    You can also directly drag new emitters from the toolbar
    Adding Nodes

Select the node tool
    Tap the canvas to create a new node
    You can also directly drag new nodes from the toolbar
    Connecting Nodes

Select the connect tool
    Drag a new edge from one node to another
    To delete an edge, drag the same connection again
    Deleting Nodes

Select the nodes you want to delete
    Tap delete
    Keyboard Input

Playing the Synthesizer

The keyboard controls the "MIDI Thru" synthesizer
    Tap the canvas to see the parameters for this synth
    You can select a MIDI channel, if external devices are connected and enabled
    Recording Notes

Hold down notes on the keyboard
    Pressing record will record these notes
    if a node is selected, its notes will be replaced, otherwise a new node will be created
    in connect mode a new node will be connected to the selected one
    Editing Notes

Select the node you want to edit
    Hold down edit
    Now you can toggle notes from the keyboard
    Parameter Help

Clock

Actions

Play – start clock and restart tokens of all active emitters.
    Pause – pause or resume clock, leaving all tokens untouched.
    Stop – stop clock and clear all emitters.
    Parameters

bpm – tap or drag the tempo between 40 and 240 beats per minute. The clock will generate 16th ticks.
    Emitter

Actions

• EMIT – send a new token to the graph
      > STEP – advances all tokens by one step
      x CLEAR – clears all tokens
      Parameters

Name – emitter name
    Chan – MIDI channel to send notes. Select "Synth" to use the internal synthesizer. MIDI devices can be enabled in the settings popup.
    Ticks – number of ticks. Use this as a clock divider, e.g. select 4 (default) for quarter nots.
    Vel – overrides velocity for all notes. Select "Node" to use node's individual velocitites. Select "Input" to retain the velocity from MIDI bindings.
    Transp – transpose generated MIDI notes up or down. Select 0 for no transposition.
    Node

Parameters

Name – node name. Will use contained notes if empty.
    Ticks – number of ticks until the graph steps. Use this for individual note durations.
    Vel – velocity for generated notes. Might be overridden from emitter.
    Len – length of the generated notes. Select "legato" (default) to keep the note until the token leaves the node. Otherwise select a value between 1 (10ms) and 127 (1s).
    Synthesizer

Parameters

Wave – waveform for oscillator. Select sine, saw or square.
    Tone – volume of sub oscillator. This will add overtones to sine, and more "body" to saw and square.
    Vol – volume of the synth
    Filter – lowpass filter (1-pole)
    Reverb – amount of reverb
    A – attack of amp envelope
    D – decay of amp envelope
    S – sustain of amp envelope
    R – release of amp envelope

• Really cool stuff!

• What is "+" on emitter?

• @gkillmaster said:
    What is "+" on emitter?

Adds a new "playhead" in the loop

• @oat_phipps said:

@echoopera said:
    Here’s my contribution using the Chasing Edges scene in Senode to drive 3 instances of Zeeon in AUM. This is going to be a fun little app to explore.

FWIW I would ask for Ableton Link before converting it to an AUx app...not sure what the benefit of it being AU would be to be honest. All your hook ups to midi devices are built in to the app already.

Great work on it <3 :#

That’s very good.

I like it too, but he a> @MusicMan4Christ said:

Really cool stuff!

Um...guys. Do we need to have a conversation about the rules about singing drummers again?

• I see a lot of similarities with Seaquence...but without the shrimps...