Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Senode – Graphical Step Sequencer

Comments

• Hey @sebastianarnold ! Congrats on the release! I have yet to check it out but I'm sure it must be awesome coming from you :-). Great and very surprising to see you around here with your own iOS app! We played together a few years ago in Freiburg with Jürgen, remember? I'm the bass player with the home made 6 string.

Cheers and good luck with the app!
    Christian

• Quick look at the presets and internal synth sounds. I like it it’s simple to use but loads of potential under the hood. Tried it with Animoog works great. It’s well put together.

• @Trueyorky said:

I don’t trust this thing. According to the automatic translator on YT (@2:24} the notes of this thing generate murders!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    this looks bloody amazing. i just wish it had some form of clock.

It's nearly half past four.

• outstanding app!

• This is kind of interesting. So, basically this node-based approach is somewhat similar to what node-based image/motion graphics editing is to linear/layer based editing?

So, when you have a chained circuit of nodes composed, and more secondary chained node circuits within the main circuit/loop... how is it determined when the composition uses a secondary chain?

I watched the video but the youtube language translate CC isn't working for me.

• Hmm, may have to get this before all the Linking and other additions arrive, looks great :)

• Quick vid controlling BS-16I AU. Ideal combo

• Interesting. How are the drums triggering the state machines?

• @supadom said:

@Trueyorky said:

I don’t trust this thing. According to the automatic translator on YT (@2:24} the notes of this thing generate murders!

le milk has spilt

• Here’s my contribution using the Chasing Edges scene in Senode to drive 3 instances of Zeeon in AUM. This is going to be a fun little app to explore.

FWIW I would ask for Ableton Link before converting it to an AUx app...not sure what the benefit of it being AU would be to be honest. All your hook ups to midi devices are built in to the app already.

Great work on it <3 :#

• I'm going to buy this today in hopes that this unique developer comes out with a drumsampler, slicing app that incorporates all of his goody genius

• Looks quite cool. +100 for external sync of some sort (MIDI or Link or Host via AUv3).

In the video with the live drummer, he's using the kick drum to move through the bass sequence. Is that sort of audio-to-trigger stuff available in the iOS app?

Along the same lines, is possible to use a node in one sequence to trigger 'next' in another sequence? Where, say, step three in one sequence works like the kick drum mic's signal in the drummer video?

Are the nodes with two lines coming off them splitting into 'chords' or is there some probability based path switching. I couldn't tell from the videos.

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s my contribution using the Chasing Edges scene in Senode to drive 3 instances of Zeeon in AUM. This is going to be a fun little app to explore.

FWIW I would ask for Ableton Link before converting it to an AUx app...not sure what the benefit of it being AU would be to be honest. All your hook ups to midi devices are built in to the app already.

Were you a beta tester, or did you figure out the app and jam that out overnight? This looks a little complicated to use, but if you got into it that quick maybe it is not too complicated. I am definitely interested in this one.
    Great sounding demo of the app, too, by the way. Thanks for sharing that with us.

• @syrupcore said:

Along the same lines, is possible to use a node in one sequence to trigger 'next' in another sequence? Where, say, step three in one sequence works like the kick drum mic's signal in the drummer video?

Are the nodes with two lines coming off them splitting into 'chords' or is there some probability based path switching. I couldn't tell from the videos.

+1 this is kind of what I asked too, but you phrased it more accurately. I thought maybe it was just his live interaction that was triggering, but a couple of these quickly vids are not interacting like this. And, I also thought it was some probability, but don't see evidence of that in the vids either.

Very intrigued by this one though.

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s my contribution using the Chasing Edges scene in Senode to drive 3 instances of Zeeon in AUM. This is going to be a fun little app to explore.

Ooooooh now we’re talking.

• edited November 2017

@CracklePot said:

@echoopera said:

Were you a beta tester, or did you figure out the app and jam that out overnight? This looks a little complicated to use, but if you got into it that quick maybe it is not too complicated. I am definitely interested in this one.
    Great sounding demo of the app, too, by the way. Thanks for sharing that with us.

No just heard about it this morning. All i did was take one of the existing scenes in the app and routed it to 3 instances of Zeeon in AUM. I then noodled a bit and modulated things in real time to create some movement in the piece.

Not really sure which I love more. Senode or Zeeon :)

• @echoopera said:

That´s nice stuff. I like it!

• I want this but it doesn't turn up in the app store for me :(

• Looks like a simpler version of the original Nodal,

http://nodalmusic.com/

• @kobamoto said:
    I'm going to buy this today in hopes that this unique developer comes out with a drumsampler, slicing app that incorporates all of his goody genius

Ha - like this..
    . •nodal• by Armen Karamian
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nodal/id1186574039?mt=8

• @Trueyorky said:

@kobamoto said:
    I'm going to buy this today in hopes that this unique developer comes out with a drumsampler, slicing app that incorporates all of his goody genius

Ha - like this..

have that one and it's dope but the seonode dev as a different combinations of unique talents that we need on this platform desperately in the groove realm

• @kobamoto said:

@Trueyorky said:

@kobamoto said:

Ha - like this..

have that one and it's dope but the seonode dev as a different combinations of unique talents that we need on this platform desperately in the groove realm

I agree :)

• we got lucky with Armen though.... these kinda devs are what I got into iOS for

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Quick look at the presets and internal synth sounds. I like it it’s simple to use but loads of potential under the hood. Tried it with Animoog works great. It’s well put together.

Ok. Your video is sending me to the Appstore right away to buy this. Unusual action for me to take; I think the only apps I bought so close to launch were Audiobus 3 and Quantum. But man this looks so cool and unique I have to get it.

@kobamoto said:

+1

• I assume this is not in the U.S. app store? Not showing up as an iPad app for me.

• You enter chords in to node.

@skiphunt said:

@syrupcore said:

+1 this is kind of what I asked too, but you phrased it more accurately. I thought maybe it was just his live interaction that was triggering, but a couple of these quickly vids are not interacting like this. And, I also thought it was some probability, but don't see evidence of that in the vids either.

Very intrigued by this one though.

• @gkillmaster said:
    I assume this is not in the U.S. app store? Not showing up as an iPad app for me.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/senode/id1298766877

• @echoopera said:

That’s very good.

• Here's a link to Sebastian Arnold's music on iTunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/sebastian-arnold/291424592
    It's good stuff :smile: