Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Senode – Graphical Step Sequencer

Comments

• The recently added zoom and Link are welcome additions.

@sebastianarnold In your vid, how did you get the one little emitter chain (node says EMIT) to trigger the "tree"?

I was thinking maybe you added my requested ability for nodes to trigger other emitters, but if you did, I'm not seeing it...

• @sebastianarnold really love this app and many thanks for the update - zoom and Link are both great additions :)

Best of luck with your PhD!

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @sebastianarnold In your vid, how did you get the one little emitter chain (node says EMIT) to trigger the "tree"?

I was thinking maybe you added my requested ability for nodes to trigger other emitters, but if you did, I'm not seeing it...

Yes, that was a little trick :-) I used a MIDI loopback to send out a MIDI Note and receive it back into Senode. I added this note as a binding to EMIT on the tree.

I'm planning to add internal Emitter to Emitter connections soon, but I want it to be a more elegant solution, e.g. directly integrated in the graph.

Sebastian

• @sebastianarnold said:
    I'm planning to add internal Emitter to Emitter connections soon, but I want it to be a more elegant solution, e.g. directly integrated in the graph.

now, that would be awesome !

• Emitter to emitter will be awesome. Looking forward to that!

• Sweet! Get some hot emitter-on-emitter action!

• Dont work too hard on that thesis, what the world reall needs right now is auv3 supported SeNode!

• edited July 2019

@sebastianarnold Is it possible to send CC values from nodes?

I have added a CC number and channel...

How do I send an actual value from a node?

Perhaps I have misunderstood, and midi CC is only recognized, not sent?

Thanks.

Ps. Just noticed the midi channels in the first image are different, but I have set them to the same value, but still not sure how to send a value.

• @DYMS said:
    @sebastianarnold Is it possible to send CC values from nodes?

I have added a CC number and channel...

Perhaps I have misunderstood, and midi CC is only recognized, not sent?

Senode only sends note messages. What you set is a binding to trigger this Emitter. In this case, any non-zero CC 5 message will make this Emitter’s tokens advance to the next node.

• This is fabulous news!

• Nice to hear, will get much more use when that happens, such a unique sequencer :)

• Bought because of that Tweet/Announcement today - had an eye on it for a long time.
    Like it very much so far - happy to know that this is being worked as AU.

• Bought it too. Hope not to wait an eternity for AUv3 implementation 😭

• edited November 2019

App is buggy, doesnt really work on my ipad pro 9’7 2017, ios 13.2.3. Freezes.

Edit: reinstall of app seemed to have solved the issue.

• I’ve all of a sudden noticed that when trying to trigger nodes via external midi it’s only advancing like 40% of the time... can’t figure out what happened... :(

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

I’ve all of a sudden noticed that when trying to trigger nodes via external midi it’s only advancing like 40% of the time... can’t figure out what happened... :(

Not seeing that myself after a quick look this morning, are you sure nothing else is happening, like probability settings?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I’ve all of a sudden noticed that when trying to trigger nodes via external midi it’s only advancing like 40% of the time... can’t figure out what happened... :(

@MonkeyDrummer
    Did you enjoy using the app along with an electronic drum set ?
    Did you succeed launching midi sequences on your synthesizers from your drum kit?
    There was a video of the dev on YouTube back then doing it.
    I’m really interested in your feedback MonkeyDrummer

• What a great app! deserves more attention : )

I’ve used it tonight with an Alesis MIDI Drum kit using several MIDI notes for triggering chords/arpeggios and it worked really well.

No dropped notes/unexpected stuff.

• edited May 2020

Really like Senode.

Atm though I seem to be having an issue with Ableton Link Start/Stop using Senode alongside Patterning and recording into Xequence 2.

It's either 3 beats early or 1 beat late depending on the recording/play quantums in Patterning and Xeq2.

Anybody else had this issue or found settings/workarounds to get it in sync?

• What happened to the AU version did it ever make it ?

• @lukesleepwalker Thanks! AUv3 would be great. Love Senode.

• Great, will start using it more then for sure, got a lot of potential this one :)

• Great to here it's still in the debs plans.

• Nice to see a update.

• I was hoping to see auv3 finally😂

• i love this sequencer. great seeing it getting updates and staying alive. def wouldn’t hate auv3 but i’m more than happy it’s getting support and life in 2020

• edited October 2020

@SpookyZoo said:
    Really like Senode.

Atm though I seem to be having an issue with Ableton Link Start/Stop using Senode alongside Patterning and recording into Xequence 2.

It's either 3 beats early or 1 beat late depending on the recording/play quantums in Patterning and Xeq2.

Anybody else had this issue or found settings/workarounds to get it in sync?

Issue still remains in update.

But yes, nice to see this great app has life in it. :)