Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klankwelle indeed

Fun free modular thing (upto 8 synths, sequencers for each, scenes etc)

Klankwelle by Greg Okopal
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/klankwelle/id1304067300?mt=8

Wrote the dev about interconnectivity, should've asked about adding sampler module...

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up @Littlewoodg

• Not available in the UK?

• Not available in NL either?

• edited December 2017

Version 1.1 now with IAA and landscape!
    Version 1.0 comments deleted.

• Not available in Germany either? Although it has a German name.

• Thanks Littlewoodg
    It’s available in Canada

• Nifty app, thanks for the heads up. This will be fun for random noodling

• Some funny LFO games can be played: can be assigned to any param, including each other (LFO your LFO that's LFOing an LFO)

• Not available in Germany?

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    Not available in Germany?

Seems to be North America only for some reason..

• Developer here, thanks for the interest! It's US/Canada for now until I sort out the export restrictions with respect to encryption. Landscape on iPads will be enabled soon.

A sampler module and audio export are on my to-do list, but I can't make any promises as to when those might happen; this is a side project.

• v1.1 is on the App Store. It supports IAA audio output as a generator (no MIDI support yet), landscape on iPad, and other small fixes. It should also be available worldwide now.

• Kind of a strange beast, very limited, but funny, because of 8 parallel sequences/modular synths running at the same time. It is easy to get some very digital or 8-bit sounds out of it, envelopes are snappy enough. I am a sucker for modular synths, but this one really is fun (after understanding its fundamentals).

• really nice looking and feeling app... i have some trouble editing node params, and could use some more labellling of things. can not help but wonder why a free audio app needs export restricted encryption?

• edited December 2017

Nice start :) I always snatch up the freebies, adding to my overflowing collection.

Thanks!

• @wellingtonCres said:
    can not help but wonder why a free audio app needs export restricted encryption?

It's a shortcut on my part. If a user was able to modify files imported into the app, I'd have to do a whole lot more parameter checking. So I encrypt the files to try to ensure that the only files that get successfully imported are ones that have been generated with the app. Even the lowest level of symmetric encryption offered by iOS has export complications associated with it, unfortunately.

I appreciate the feedback, both positive and negative.

• @grego Thanks for the update! Landscape and IAA make all the difference for me. I’m having some fun with it this morning. I’m wondering if/how we can put an envelope on the filter module?

• @audiorangutan
    There is an LFO called "Linear Trigger" that will sweep any parameter it is connected to in a line, roughly param = slope0 * time + offset0. The "time" variable gets reset with every trigger (keyboard press or sequencer note). If you want to do things more complex than linear sweeps, you can, for example, sweep the slope parameter of the first LFO with another linear trigger, giving you a parabola: param = (slope1 * time + offset1) * time + offset0. And so on.