Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cool feature - Multi-touch Note Repeat

Not sure how I missed this feature all this time but I love it. Basically the pads in GarageBand support note repeat and volume gestures using multi-touch. Has this always been there?? I uploaded a private video to illustrate:

Comments

• Nice. I never knew that.

• @realdavidai said:
    Not sure how I missed this feature all this time but I love it. Basically the pads in GarageBand support note repeat and volume gestures using multi-touch. Has this always been there?? I uploaded a private video to illustrate:

Hmmm...
    Has been there since 2012 at least...
    Or since version 1.0...

• Nice catch! I’ll bet you can also drum your fingers onto one pad to get a drum-roll-type sound, with multiple hits. I’ll try that out.

• @realdavidai said:

Grazie. Did not know. Makes one (of course) think about ALL the things in our most popular/used apps we STILL do not know....

• GarageBand has a load of these 'hidden' small performance gems and that's partly why I get frustrated not being able to do detailed editing of the recordings :D

• I’m just waiting for CamelSpace to make it to GB... it better not be hiding somewhere undiscovered

• @realdavidai said:
    I’m just waiting for CamelSpace to make it to GB... it better not be hiding somewhere undiscovered

O I remember Camel Space and Camal Phat! They were some fun plug ins!

• Nice tip, thanks! I just picked up GarageBand again yesterday after forgetting about it for a while. Wow am I impressed! With all of the new features like drag-n-drop from Files/AudioShare into the Live Loops, and the ability to record the Live Loop jam onto the multitrack timeline (Ableton style) and edit it; a really nice workflow revealed itself to me and I’m hooked. There are still some limitations like the issue @Samu mentioned, and my pet peeve: not being able to change anything about the drum sounds in the great new Beat Sequencer (that I can find). Please, just vol/pan/tune is all I ask!

• @audiorangutan said:

Nice tip, thanks! I just picked up GarageBand again yesterday after forgetting about it for a while. Wow am I impressed! With all of the new features like drag-n-drop from Files/AudioShare into the Live Loops, and the ability to record the Live Loop jam onto the multitrack timeline (Ableton style) and edit it; a really nice workflow revealed itself to me and I’m hooked. There are still some limitations like the issue @Samu mentioned, and my pet peeve: not being able to change anything about the drum sounds in the great new Beat Sequencer (that I can find). Please, just vol/pan/tune is all I ask!

you can edit velocity, but tuning! yes we need that

• @sonosaurus Does Drumjam have something like this on the pads? Sometimes when I multitouch the Drumjam pads I get flams that sound pretty good but I haven't figured out how to control them.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    @sonosaurus Does Drumjam have something like this on the pads? Sometimes when I multitouch the Drumjam pads I get flams that sound pretty good but I haven't figured out how to control them.

Yes it does! The normal repeat behavior is triggered when you drag your finger around, and dragging extra fast will increase the repeat rate. On devices with 3D touch you have some more options, press the quantize button (usually a 16th note icon) and the popup will appear that also has 3D Touch toggle button to let you use it for velocity of the repeated hits (holding lightly will be low velocity, pressing harder for high velocity). Or you can set it to control repeat rate (harder=faster).