Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Appsale NanoStudio $1.99 from $6.99 Lowestprice ever

Appsale NanoStudio $1.99 from $6.99 Lowestprice ever
Unfortunately it is 32bits and it will not be updated to 64 bits. So no iOS 11 and beyond support

Comments

• so it's useless for some of us.

• They don’t seem to have updated the store description to say it’s abandonware either which is a bit naughty in my opinion.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    They don’t seem to have updated the store description to say it’s abandonware either which is a bit naughty in my opinion.

Probably just an oversight

Considering they are giving away Nanostudio for MacOS/Windows, i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

• @BiancaNeve said:
    They don’t seem to have updated the store description to say it’s abandonware either which is a bit naughty in my opinion.
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Considering they are giving away Nanostudio for MacOS/Windows, i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

Meaning that it’s cool to deeply discount the milk that’s about to expire? sure. still seems a little bit dodgy to turn the cartons around so you can’t see the expiration date.

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Meaning that it’s cool to deeply discount the milk that’s about to expire? sure. still seems a little bit dodgy to turn the cartons around so you can’t see the expiration date.

When you think about it, why not just give it away?

• No problem with them profiting from their labors, but they should probably be up front about what exactly they are selling.

• edited November 2017

I am willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that their assumption is a prospective buyer is aware of the no 11 limitation. It is intended for a specific market.
    It's not a casual general purchase like some game or organizer for your iTunes library or whatever.
    Also, it's 2 bucks; I'm pretty certain I have that littering the floorboard of my car.

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

You want to try that again but without the strawman? I never said anything remotely close to what you're arguing against. I simply said i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it's an oversight

Jeez

• NS2 should be out by the end of the year and will be iPad only, at least initially. This is a no-brainer for anyone needing an iPhone midi editor with synth who isn't planning to upgrade the device to iOS 11. This may be a very small user set, but I've got an old iPhone lying around that still has iOS 7 on it that would be perfect for this purpose.

• @jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

You want to try that again but without the strawman? I never said anything remotely close to what you're arguing against. I simply said i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it's an oversight

Jeez

OK. That’s not a straw man. it’s a metaphor. meant to be exaggerated and thought-provoking, not hurt anyone’s feelings.

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Jeez

OK. That’s not a straw man. it’s a metaphor. meant to be exaggerated and thought-provoking, not hurt anyone’s feelings.

• Your collection of mid-70s comics panels is just mindbogglingly excellent. I don't know how you do it.

• I don't usually meme, but it seemed appropriate in this case

e5a.png 1004.6K
  • edited November 2017

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Jeez

How is it a metaphor? It's completely different to what i said. I said that given how generous they are with the mac/pc version i doubt they're deliberately trying to mislead potential customers. Somehow you read that as them deliberately hiding it. Do you see the problem?

Thought provoking? You misrepresented what i wrote and made a metaphor to address it. It's pretty close to straw man territory

• Maybe they will create a bundle with NS1 and NS2 so you can get NS2 at a discount if you bought NS1 already. That would be nice.

• @jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Jeez

How is it a metaphor? It's completely different to what i said. I said that given how generous they are with the mac/pc version i doubt they're deliberately trying to mislead potential customers. Somehow you read that as them deliberately hiding it. Do you see the problem?

Thought provoking? You misrepresented what i wrote and made a metaphor to address it. It's pretty close to straw man territory

I guess I touched a nerve and I certainly didn’t mean to. You seem to be fully confident that neglecting to mention that this app would be abandoned was unintentional. I was wondering — with a silly analogy — if maybe be the omission wasn’t so innocent.

• @Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Jeez

I guess I touched a nerve and I certainly didn’t mean to. You seem to be fully confident that neglecting to mention that this app would be abandoned was unintentional. I was wondering — with a silly analogy — if maybe be the omission wasn’t so innocent.

Alright, fair enough

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Your collection of mid-70s comics panels is just mindbogglingly excellent. I don't know how you do it.

Started collecting them in the mid-70s.... :)

• I have an old 16gb iPod Touch on version 6.6 any experience if it would work?

@Coloobar said:
    NS2 should be out by the end of the year and will be iPad only, at least initially. This is a no-brainer for anyone needing an iPhone midi editor with synth who isn't planning to upgrade the device to iOS 11. This may be a very small user set, but I've got an old iPhone lying around that still has iOS 7 on it that would be perfect for this purpose.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Your collection of mid-70s comics panels is just mindbogglingly excellent. I don't know how you do it.

Started collecting them in the mid-70s.... :)

Haha! class. :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I have an old 16gb iPod Touch on version 6.6 any experience if it would work?

@Coloobar said:
    NS2 should be out by the end of the year and will be iPad only, at least initially. This is a no-brainer for anyone needing an iPhone midi editor with synth who isn't planning to upgrade the device to iOS 11. This may be a very small user set, but I've got an old iPhone lying around that still has iOS 7 on it that would be perfect for this purpose.

Like a charm.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Bender_Rhodes said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    @jn2002dk said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Jeez

Flashback to Ace Ventura 2

• So, benefit of the doubt, etc... Turns out: as of iOS 11, Apple no longer allows a developer to update the app description without also uploading a new version of the app. A since new versions have to be 64bit... no new text. The idea: devs can use the new News feed thing for non-release related updates. The problem: you have to be on iOS 11 to see it! So, 100% useless for this. Way to go Apple.

• @syrupcore said:
    So, benefit of the doubt, etc... Turns out: as of iOS 11, Apple no longer allows a developer to update the app description without also uploading a new version of the app. A since new versions have to be 64bit... no new text. The idea: devs can use the new News feed thing for non-release related updates. The problem: you have to be on iOS 11 to see it! So, 100% useless for this. Way to go Apple.

Lol, there must be a worm in this Apple somewhere.
    I slowly begin to miss NanoStudio. But no way back yet. We had a good time for some years. R.I.P.

• I had just assumed I'd get version 2, but at $2 I'm tempted to see what all the fuss, or at least nostalgia, is about (Also, my understanding is the synth will remain unique, as the new version will take the synth to points beyond that will change its character). My iPhone 6s Plus is, and likely will remain, on iOS 10. My only question is how the app lays out on the Plus screen, as it hasn't been updated since before that was a thing. Anyone that can comment on that?

• Had a go on my near-useless iPad 2 last night. Indeed, it was nostalgic, but not enough so that I can see myself doing anything with it really. Contrary to many others, Eden doesn't really do that much for me that I feel any regret at losing it.

Great app though. One of the first I bought. Worth buying if you have an older piece of kit laying around that you hate to give up on entirely.