Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diving in to Audiobus... routing question

Hey, folks, a routing question. I've been finally trying to learn Audiobus in and out, and here's where I'm a bit stuck. Here's what I want to do.. I'm using IConnectAudio4, so I've been sending tracks from Audiobus to AUM, so I can route them to different physical outputs. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to then route them into Auria so I can record them. Let's say I have three tracks in audiobus... Launchpad, Korg Module, and the MD3000 mellotron. I send each to AUM, where I route effects and to hard outputs. I don't really know where in the chain I can also send them to Auria....any help? Thanks.

Comments

• Maybe multitrack record in AUM (press the r at bottom of each track) and import into Auria would be less work?

• In the Effects area in AUM you can send to a different bus. Send to a bus that outputs to Auria, or multiple busses into multiple tracks in Auria (in your example 3 buses). Just make sure you send to bus at the end of your effects chain to get them included. Pre or post fader probably doesn't matter as much, unless you need the extra volume control go post fader.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Maybe multitrack record in AUM (press the r at bottom of each track) and import into Auria would be less work?

I tried that, but I can't figure out how to get those tracks into Auria....it doesn't seem to let me import them, as it's only showing the Auria library.

• Thanks for the tips, everyone.

• @fivebeforechaos said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Maybe multitrack record in AUM (press the r at bottom of each track) and import into Auria would be less work?

I tried that, but I can't figure out how to get those tracks into Auria....it doesn't seem to let me import them, as it's only showing the Auria library.

Don't use Auria even though I own it, I'm sure "open in" from AudioShare would work but I think it would be a single file at a time. Hopefully someone more familiar with Auria can give you better advice!

• @fivebeforechaos said:
    Hey, folks, a routing question. I've been finally trying to learn Audiobus in and out, and here's where I'm a bit stuck. Here's what I want to do.. I'm using IConnectAudio4, so I've been sending tracks from Audiobus to AUM, so I can route them to different physical outputs. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to then route them into Auria so I can record them. Let's say I have three tracks in audiobus... Launchpad, Korg Module, and the MD3000 mellotron. I send each to AUM, where I route effects and to hard outputs. I don't really know where in the chain I can also send them to Auria....any help? Thanks.

Open AB

Open AURIA in outputs

Open AUM NOT IN AB on home screen. (THIS IS MY OWN THING AND IT IS COMPLICATED BUT WORKS BETTER FOR ME)

Go back into AB

NOW YOU open AUM in EACH slot of AUDIOBUS inputs

Use the "MULTI" AUM input.

OPEN 1 per channel per input app.

NOW BACK INTO AUM and OPEN THE APPS YOU WANT IN THE AUM input slots.

• @fivebeforechaos said:

PM me if you need more help.

If need be I can do it do screen shots if you need.

• @fivebeforechaos said:

AND FOR THE DIRECTIONS YOU PICK AURIA IN THE OUTPUT OF AUM!

• Okay, great, I'll give this a go, next time I set up! THanks!

• I gave that a try, but AUM said ‘busy’ in AB.

• @fivebeforechaos said:

1. So in the setup you have described here, go into AUM. On your first track, press the button to add an effect. You should see the last choice is "Bus Send", so pick that and "Send to Bus A" as your choice. Just make sure this "Bus Send" is below your effects chain so it is processed last (as the last item on the effects chain).

2. Now repeat for Tracks 2 and 3, but use Bus B on track 2 and Bus C on Track 3. So now you should have 3 bus sends (A,B and C) each on the own Track (Tracks 1,2 and 3), and the bus sends are being processed as the last item in the effect chain on each Track.

3. Create 3 new Tracks in AUM (Tracks 4, 5 and 6). On track 4, set the Input to "Receive from Bus A." Do the same for tracks 5 and 6, but receive from Bus B and C. So 4 gets A, 5 gets B, and 6 gets C. Almost done.

4. For the Outputs of Track 4, 5 and 6, you would use these to output to Auria. But first you have to assign AUM's outputs to go to IAA/AB. So for Track 4 in AUM, I send it to IAA/AB Output 1. Then repeat for Tracks 5 and 6, using Outputs 2 and 3.

5. Here you are on your own since I only have Cubasis, but it should be similar. For me, I just go into Cubasis and create an Audio track. On this Audio track I select Inter-App (IAA) and select AUM Port 1 as the source (It is under "K" for Kymatica AUM in Cubasis). Do this for each of your 3 tracks, being sure to assign the correct port numbers to their corresponding Audio tracks in Auria. And that should do it.

• @CracklePot said:

@fivebeforechaos said:

1. So in the setup you have described here, go into AUM. On your first track, press the button to add an effect. You should see the last choice is "Bus Send", so pick that and "Send to Bus A" as your choice. Just make sure this "Bus Send" is below your effects chain so it is processed last (as the last item on the effects chain).

2. Now repeat for Tracks 2 and 3, but use Bus B on track 2 and Bus C on Track 3. So now you should have 3 bus sends (A,B and C) each on the own Track (Tracks 1,2 and 3), and the bus sends are being processed as the last item in the effect chain on each Track.

3. Create 3 new Tracks in AUM (Tracks 4, 5 and 6). On track 4, set the Input to "Receive from Bus A." Do the same for tracks 5 and 6, but receive from Bus B and C. So 4 gets A, 5 gets B, and 6 gets C. Almost done.

4. For the Outputs of Track 4, 5 and 6, you would use these to output to Auria. But first you have to assign AUM's outputs to go to IAA/AB. So for Track 4 in AUM, I send it to IAA/AB Output 1. Then repeat for Tracks 5 and 6, using Outputs 2 and 3.

5. Here you are on your own since I only have Cubasis, but it should be similar. For me, I just go into Cubasis and create an Audio track. On this Audio track I select Inter-App (IAA) and select AUM Port 1 as the source (It is under "K" for Kymatica AUM in Cubasis). Do this for each of your 3 tracks, being sure to assign the correct port numbers to their corresponding Audio tracks in Auria. And that should do it.

Yes, this is how it's done. However, I agree it might probably be easier to just record it directly in AUM! Recordings will be stored in your AudioShare library, where you can then open the files in any multitrack editor for editing. As far as I know, Auria even has a direct AudioShare-import button for easy import.

• THanks, I'll give that a try!