Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Output apps

Firstly I'm loving audiobus can't complain at all works flawlessly for me with ipad3 with the multitude of apps I have. Now the but, why only one DAW app in output! Was really hoping auria would have been on the bus by now, it's been updated today and got all excited thinking this is it but no. I'm getting itchy fingers shall I get mt daw or continue to audio copy/paste into auria. Anyway first class top notch app.

Comments

• Well if I were you, I'd get MT DAW. It's less then $20 for the app and the track expansions. I think Auria is around $250 with all the expansions, maybe more. Yikes.

• I already have auria (no expansions though) and really like working in it however shall I fork out another £13 for basically another daw. Decisions decisions, to me there is a lack of support apps for output but suppose its relatively early days.

• Yeah, totally up to you. It is still very early in the life of Audiobus. The amount of apps already is quite impressive. You can give it time or buy something cheap and mess around. At least with MT DAW you can mix things a little before sending auria.. For me I have spent thousands of dollars on DAW's for PC and anything I make for serious use on iPad will be exported/streamed there for mastering anyhow so it's kind of the same thing. I like MT DAW, I find it really easy to use and well worth it's price. :-)

• From the Auria forum a few hours ago:

"We're still working with the Audiobus team to make this happen. The current version of the sdk does not support DAWs like Auria, so they've had to make some revisions, and we're currently implementing these. I'm hoping it'll be ready for 1.06. - Rim"

• Do you have an iPhone? If yes then I'd buy MT DAW. Its biggest strenght IMO is to be universal and not CPU hungry at all.
    You'll have a very good universal DAW mit Audiobus support. Not so bad, don't you think?

• You can't do count-in record with MDAW, can you? Is there a workaround with punch in/punch out and looping?