Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Housekeeping: Please post creations to the Creations forum, not General

Getting a lot of posts with folks' creations going to the General category, which is clogging up the works.

Please post these to the Creations category instead

Comments

• This thread should be pinned here somehow.

• The forum could probably use an off-topic section too

• And a Chinese section. Oh wait.

• @u0421793 said:
    And a Chinese section. Oh wait.

And a public holidays and famous dead people sections!

• Be nice to see some of them posted in the Song of the month thread, which would keep the number of new threads down as well.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Be nice to see some of them posted in the Song of the month thread, which would keep the number of new threads down as well.

SOTMC requires reciprocity, so might not be suitable for everyone.

I guess I should post SOTMC in the Creations section too, but to be honest I didn't realise anyone paid any attention to the different sections since by default everyone views the forum as one big soup.

• @richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Be nice to see some of them posted in the Song of the month thread, which would keep the number of new threads down as well.

I guess I should post SOTMC in the Creations section too, but to be honest I didn't realise anyone paid any attention to the different sections since by default everyone views the forum as one big soup.

Yes, yes, much reciprocity and really hard work, we don't want any more of you buggers in our special club at all (he says in a poorly designed bout of reverse psychology that fools absolutely no one....)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, yes, much reciprocity and really hard work, we don't want any more of you buggers in our special club at all (he says in a poorly designed bout of reverse psychology that fools absolutely no one....)

Works for me

• Thank you!!!

• encenc
    edited November 2017

@asnor said:
    The forum could probably use an off-topic section too

A multi section forum would be cool B)
    Edit: not saying this message board isn't good :D

• @enc said:

@asnor said:

You could make this your forum entry point: https://forum.audiob.us/categories

• edited November 2017

@Michael said:

@enc said:

@asnor said:

You could make this your forum entry point: https://forum.audiob.us/categories

Currently your Home button links to a list of latest posts, so most will miss this. Might be worth changing the link if you want visitors to enter via the category list, and then maybe have a new separate menu link for ‘Latest’ for those wishing to see what’s new.

• I’m up for changing this if the majority of people wanted it – I actually prefer the consolidated overview, but that’s probably just a matter of taste. I’ll keep an ear out for requests

• I prefer the consolidated view personally.

• I like the consolidated view. What about tutorials and such. In the app tips and tricks cat?

I am guilty of not paying attention to the category when I post.

• Yup, that sounds right!

• Yeah consolidated view works for me too. If things are tucked away in categories I would miss half of them. Thinking while writing that and I actually wouldn’t miss categories if they went away. Never used them for reading the forum anyway.

• Sorry for my ignorance (or language skills) but what does consolidated mean in this context?

I vote for beeing able to ignore/get rid off a couple of categories in my view, and it works nicely for me as it is now. Is that consolidated?

• <.02>
    I'm for having two sections:

• everything iOS audio related
    • everything else/off topic
    • </.02>
  • Thank you for this PSA, this was an issue driving me crazy lately here. :)

• Anyway of adding “likes”? A couple of other forums i frequent have it and i really LIKE it. I think it helps keep things more concise. Less clutter in the conversations since sometimes that is all that is needed and i think it would bring more feedback to creation submissions or tips, i myself sometimes appreciate something but don’t have the time or energy to write something out.

Also,.. the other forum i mostly visit implemented a dark option which is great.

Anyways....thanks for what we have

• I believe like buttons are coming with the next version of the forum software; I’ll enable them when it arrives. Will listen for more requests for a dark theme - it’s probably a bit of work, and right now I’d rather spend it programming =)

• “Like”.

And yeah. Have no idea what is involved making any changes

• Going to be a contrarian and say I like no ‘likes’. Doesn’t really matter, but makes things less liable to obvious whoredom boredom and other cliquery.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Going to be a contrarian and say I like no ‘likes’. Doesn’t really matter, but makes things less liable to obvious whoredom boredom and other cliquery.

• The dissent!!!!! Fyi with integrated likes my post would have a certain amount of likes and the naysayer @JohnnyGoodyear would have his likes and thus we could just count them up. FIGHT

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear keeps all his likes and dislikes archived in a little black notebook locked in his desk drawer, right next to his .45. Your name has been entered in red ink @vpich

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Going to be a contrarian and say I like no ‘likes’. Doesn’t really matter, but makes things less liable to obvious whoredom boredom and other cliquery.

+1

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

U know that +1 is the same as a like, but with more clutter and screen space? Haha, i guess this is gonna be my cause. :D

• @vpich said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

U know that +1 is the same as a like, but with more clutter and screen space? Haha, i guess this is gonna be my cause. :D

Yeah I do, I was just having a little joke with The Boss.