Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hardware sampler/player vs iOS Sample player

124»

Comments

• @Telefunky said:
    counting peas or what ? :D
    An iPad could work standalone and even sample a mono channel by it's mic or a modified input cable, which is somewhat limited - but it could be done.
    A dock is just more convenient

See you’re defeating your own argument again, if I want to sample with my iPad I have use either my irig cable (mono) or my iConnect Midi 4 where my sampler can use any standard audio cable, that’s before you start bringing midi into the equation.
    Personally I find when using iOS I still spend half my time using “work arounds” to get what I need done whereas with my Toraiz or OP1 I’m just straight in doing the job.

• edited February 2018

@CRAKROX said:

@Telefunky said:
    counting peas or what ? :D
    An iPad could work standalone and even sample a mono channel by it's mic or a modified input cable, which is somewhat limited - but it could be done.
    A dock is just more convenient

See you’re defeating your own argument again, if I want to sample with my iPad I have use either my irig cable (mono) or my iConnect Midi 4 where my sampler can use any standard audio cable, that’s before you start bringing midi into the equation.
    Personally I find when using iOS I still spend half my time using “work arounds” to get what I need done whereas with my Toraiz or OP1 I’m just straight in doing the job.

I agree with you about the work arounds etc... but the I/O part is the easy part, it's the work around part that imo can be solely blamed on the fact that we don't have such an app. To be honest it's not even a groove box app issue, the conspiracy is larger than that :D , where is the Ableton app (not by Ableton) but that emulates this decade old necessary paradigm, where is the app that emulates the monome.... sure there is remix live, and launchpad and a couple of others but they don't mimic the top features of the monome, as in the features that make people want to use the monome in the first place?..... It's like in all of these examples everyone is almost deliberately missing the mark, but why?

Why didn't auxy create the Ableton live app and get rich doing it..... why?..... (because of free will) I get it and respect it, but why hasn't anybody done it...mind you I'm not talking about every single feature of all of these paradigms, just the significant features of each. I kind of feel like that app called beat machine is the closest under that context, and the impc pro under the same context, but still nobody has gone all out and made that app that would easily make us drop a hundred bucks or so and make us think twice about getting the hardware... I think the quantum dev and the patterning dev could easily make an app that cost well under the 700 bones that the digitakt cost that could smoke the digitakt in every single area easily. Those guys are so talented., the Kraft devs so talented, Jonat-Aum sickly talented, Igor vasilev soundscaper omg talented, drum jam dev, too talented, mr. hammerhead himself too talented, and the list just goes on and on... the platform is is really full of capable people. elastic drums, seekbeats oozing talent.

look at the groove rider dev, he took the electribe to town and is still at it..... why hasn't anyone else done like this and charged us a cool buck-fifty for something that was more than worth it. all they would have to do is tell us what is going to be in it and people will come running. I don't even know why devs don't tell people all of the time what's going to be in the meal, everyone wants to see a menu, the whole secrecy thing only serves to do two things, create a product that doesn't have enough of what people want in it, and create a guessing game of whether or not it's going to be successful.

if you tell people that you're making a groove box with conditional trigs, probability, super slicing, etc... they will come and they will pay.
    you don't even have to worry about someone stealing innovative ideas off your roadmap, just copy the best features off of all of the most popular hardware beat machines, the features that have become standards that people wouldn't want to be without in a sampling beat machine and there it is.

• @kobamoto a lot of IOS developers are very (!) talented in signal processing.
    But few seem to have ideas about workflow, in particular if enduring operation is concerned.

Another aspect not to be neglected is cash generation from content like sample packs.
    It's understandable that developers bet on this horse, and it makes an app's operations a lot more expectable than importing 'wild content'.
    A perfect management for user samples may lead to less purchases less of the maker's content. So that part of the app is kind of ignored, probably even appreciated as it's also the hard part of the design.

On the other hand (if presets and sample packs are appreciated so much) this is a clear statement about the audience - forget about those people to invest in 'killer features' like the ones you mentioned above.
    It won't happen, because from those (optimistic estimation) 10% of IOS users that are music focussed, only 1 out of 10 will be interested, while the majority is happy with what's already offered. Nothing bad about that - to each his or her own.

Bottomline: the only option for such an Ueber-Sampler/Groovebox is a dedicated piece of hardware to charge for - with an app to drive it thrown in more or less for free.
    Don't trust loud demands on internet forums - they may display a highly distorted view of reality. From another system I remember people requested 'a top reverb' over and over again - when some were released (for a fair amount of about 1 third of the average plugin price), literally noone bought them. Both developers quickly left the platform...

• I know a number of developers that code on very different platforms, for a wide variety of applications.
    It's a fact that the amount of really good music app developers is already quite limited.
    Take away those who are great but don't own a Mac and don't want to buy into Apple's world, then the ones that do coding as a full-time job and have to make a living plus feeding a family out of it, then the ones that don't feel like putting a very high amount of time into a very deep app that mimics groove boxes like Electribes, Digitakt, OP-1 and others.
    We are very lucky that Jim Pavloff took the challenge with GR-16, succeeded and he's still going strong refining and adding new useful features to his wonderful baby today with success.

• edited February 2018

devs just copy these features and put it on an ipad

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/7-Drum-Machine/2406-Geist-2

and if you want this app on the iPad please let Fxpansion know right here!

https://www.facebook.com/fxpansion/photos/a.10150575068717151.373422.32734667150/10155375333747151/?type=3&theater